There are many descriptions how to pickle the scallops for the winter. They can not only be treated with salt, but also pickled, made jam and many other culinary masterpieces based on them. In its structure and taste, the squash is very similar to zucchini, so for salting and pickling, you can use recipes for zucchini.
The nuances in the preparation of the
squash From young fruits make excellent salty squash for the winter. Mature vegetables are best used as an ingredient in salads. If, nevertheless, you got too ripe scallops for pickling, then it is better to divide them into pieces. Overripe harvest is better not to use at all, they are hard and have already lost their unusual taste.
Squash shell is a very thin skin that should not be removed. It is perfectly marinated and pickled. Considering this feature, before culinary work, the squash should be thoroughly washed with a brush. And, here, as for fruit stems, they surely need to be removed.
Salting squash for the winter, recipes for such provisions include a blanching procedure. It is necessary to preserve the crispness of the vegetable. Blanching is the treatment of vegetables with hot water for 5-10 minutes. You can simply pour boiling water, and there is an option to hold it in it for a short time. So that the pleasant yellowish color does not disappear, after a hot bath, the scallops are dipped in cold water.
Read the article: how to salt the fat yourself at home?
Salting squash for long-term storage
This is the most common recipe for salting squash for the winter. For harvesting you will need 2 kg of patissons per two 1.5 liter jars.
Read also: Kaleidoscope of various fillings for stuffed mushrooms
- Boil thoroughly washed vegetables for 10 minutes in plain water.
- Prepare a clove of garlic, peeling it.
- Wash fresh dill stalks, you will need approximately 100 grams for the recipe. Rinse 6 pieces of cherry leaves and about 2 leaves of horseradish.
- Washed spices are placed on the bottom of two jars. There also put black peas in the amount of 6 pieces.
- Now come to the main point, how to pickle the scalps for the winter. To do this, put the scallops tightly to each other in the bank to the top.
- Pour 1.5 liters of water into the pan, boil with 60 g of salt. The resulting brine pour into the squash. Set aside in a dark room to saturate for three days.
- After a specified time, pour the saturated water into the pan, boil and pour the ingredients again. Now it can be tightly sealed with metal caps.
Squabs for salting should always be taken the same size. Thus, the distribution of salt will be uniform throughout the pulp of vegetables.
Salting squash with cucumbers
For those who are looking for a recipe: “How to pickle patissons with cucumbers?” - it is provided below. For cooking, stock up 2.5 kg of squash and take twice more cucumbers( 5 kg).Of these components will be 4 cans of 3 liters.
- Wash the cucumbers.
- Squash hold in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Put in a jar spices, namely: 20 peeled garlic cloves, 25 grams in each vessel of parsley and dill, a tablespoon of salt. One red pepper cut into 4 parts and arrange with other spices. Those who wish can add carrots.
- It's time to spread the vegetables. You can throw cucumbers and patissons in inconsistency, and you can beautifully arrange layers.
- Salting squash in jars with cucumbers for two days. To do this, make a brine of 5 liters of water and 300 grams of salt. Boil and pour into jars with contents. Now it is worthwhile to wait 2 days until the vegetables are saturated with the brine under the nylon cover.
- Pour the fragrant pickle into the pan, boil. Fill the ingredients with boiling liquid and wait 5 minutes. Repeat the procedure twice.
- After the third scalding, provisions should be sent to the sterilization procedure for 20 minutes. Only then can the banks be preserved for the winter. Squash with cucumbers ready.
Those who wish not to keep food for a long time, after the third pouring in boiling brine, close the cans with a capron lid and send them to storage in the refrigerator after cooling. Sterilize is not worth it.
Salting squash with zucchini
Instead of the cucumbers with squash, which are usual for us, squash can be used. Salting zucchini and squash takes less time and effort. The taste of the received provisions resembles the same pickles. For provisions young vegetables are selected with soft seeds and thin skin, which, subsequently, do not need to be removed.
Read also: Prepare for future dried eggplants
- Wash the ingredients and cut them into circles.
- Layer in a jar: a layer of rings of squash and zucchini, a layer of spices. In the role of spices, you can take horseradish, celery, cherry leaves and currants, dill and others. The layer of seasonings in thickness should not be inferior to the vegetable layer.
- Make a brine, which will consist of 80 grams of salt, immersed in 1 liter of water. Boil and pour components. Leave for a couple of hours.
- Drain, boil again, pour in the ingredients and cork for the winter.
Pickling Squash with Tomatoes
But what about without provisioning tomatoes? This is so versatile vegetable that perfectly complements any conservation. Salting squash with tomatoes will lead to a refined taste with an unusual aroma. For salting it will take about 1.5 kilograms of small squash and up to 0.5 kilogram of ripe, red tomatoes.
Read also: Preparation of the most delicious lecho with beans for the winter
- Wash the squash, large cut, leave small as a whole.
- Carefully make one prick with a toothpick in each cleaned tomato.
- Put seasonings on the bottom of a sterilized jar. It can be thyme seeds; 3 peas, 4 bay leaves, black peppercorns are enough. Throw in some garlic cloves.
- Put the patissons, place the tomatoes on top. Pour boiling water. Cover with a lid, wait.
- Drain the already cooled boiling water and make a brine based on it. To do this, you need 20 grams of salt. It should be diluted with boiling water in the amount of 1 liter.
- Fill jars with hot pickle, wait for about 10 minutes for cooling. Drain into a saucepan and boil again.
- For the third time, pour boiling water on it and close the food tightly. It is not necessary to overturn, because heavy scallops can crush the soft flesh of tomatoes. You just need to wrap in a warm cloth and wait for cooling. Usually, this happens in a day. Only then can conservation be removed to the pantry.
Those who ask the question: "How to pickle the scallops quickly?", Proposed the following procedure. Squash need to be cut into parts and put tightly in jars, mixing with spices. Pour the salt solution and close the capron lid for a day. After a day, some of the liquid will be absorbed by the vegetables, so by pouring it, you need to fill the missing with the same composition before boiling again. Boil the merged brine with the squash and pour it back. The process of salting is very fast, not requiring special work.
The pumpkin crop under consideration can be consumed immediately after the weeding, or it can be plugged for a winter time and opened much later. No need to worry about how to pickle the scallops for the winter. A distinctive feature of canning for the winter is the sterilization of cans with vegetables inside.
Squash Conservation Video Recipe