Contents of the article:
Most gardeners love their own area not less than a city apartment no less than a city apartment no less than a city apartment.: everyone wants the garden to bring not only healthy and organic vegetables and fruits, but also to please the eye. Therefore, everyone is trying to decorate their own few acres in their own way: they are laying stone paths, arranging a small pond, and a gazebo. One of the easiest and most effective ways to decorate a summer cottage is flowers. And the more original approach to their landing, the more beautiful they will look when they bloom. Of course, a brick flower-bed equipped with love will look much more advantageous than a conventional landing. The advantages of brick beds in the country are indisputable: in addition to excellent decorative values, they also carry a rational load - they zone the space and prevent the spread of weeds.
In this article we will learn how to make a flower bed of bricks with your own hands qualitatively and beautifully.
Choosing a place for a brick flowerbed
First of all, decide where you want to arrange a flower garden. At first glance it may seem that it is not so difficult, however, the following factors should be taken into account:
- Lighting - the flowerbed should not be in the shade of the house or greenhouse, since a good amount of sunlight is necessary for good flower growth.
- View of the flower garden - the flower bed should be clearly visible from the window of the house or from the veranda, so that you and your guests can enjoy the beautiful view.
If you already know where you want to make a flower bed, think about its shape.
There are several types of flowerbeds:
- ring( planted around trees or ponds);
- insular( flower beds are round);
- ravatka( long narrow flower beds along a walkway or wall);
- step( multi-level flowerbeds);
- rectangular flower beds.
In addition to a convenient place for a bed, you also need to choose the flowers that you plant in it. Please note that they are combined with each other not only in color but also in compatibility.
Required materials for brick beds
Brick beds are simple to perform and do not require any special expenses. Usually all the necessary materials are already on the site: first of all, it is brick and cement mortar. In addition, you will need pegs and line for leveling, as well as sand and additional stones for decoration.
Stages of work
The whole process of creating a brick flower bed with your own hands can be divided into several stages:
- Marking. Draw the outline of the future flowerbed on the ground, select it with a thin strip of fabric.
- Digging a hole. The depth of the pit should not exceed 30 cm. At the bottom it is necessary to lay out sand and cobblestones to ensure quality drainage.
- Build the walls of the flower beds. Lay out the first row of bricks, mark it with pegs on both sides and draw a fishing line between them. Knead the solution. Lay out the bricks, holding them together with mortar, and make sure that the masonry is smooth and strong.
- Leave the finished masonry for 4-5 days to strengthen.
- Pour into the flowerbed the required amount of soil. Leave it for 10-15 days for shrinkage.
- Plant the plants, water abundantly. Photos of brick beds will help you to arrange the plants beautifully.
Decoration of flowerbeds
When the flowerbed is ready, you can decorate it additionally. If the walls of the flower beds turned out to be wide enough, you can put the flowerpots in the corners. Next to the flower garden will look good garden sculptures. Arrange a path to a bed of decorative tiles, gravel, or other materials. Additional ideas for decorating your flower garden you can learn from the photo of brick flowerbeds in addition to this article.
We wish you success in your wonderful endeavor. Let your brick bed pleases you for many years.