Contents of the article:
Orange cake can be baked at any time of the year. It will require only affordable products that are sold in any store or supermarket. In the dough, you can add peel or orange pulp, spices, honey, chocolate and other ingredients to taste. Cupcakes are traditionally baked in special round shapes with a notch in the center or in small muffin tins.
Classic cake recipe
For a classic orange cake, you will need both pulp and zest. For 1 large orange, you need to take half a lemon, 2 eggs, 100 g margarine, 250 g flour, 150 g sugar, half a batch of baking powder, and a pinch of salt and vanilla to taste.
Cooking steps for a delicious dessert:
- To begin, grate orange and lemon zest on a fine grater and leave it in a separate bowl.
- Then on the juicer squeeze the juice of a whole orange. When all the juice is in the tank, you need to check if there are any stones in it.
- Eggs are broken into a container with orange juice, sugar and zest are added. Mix the mass, then pour the salt and vanilla.
- Margarine must be melted in a water bath or in a microwave. It is also poured into the mass when it is cooled to room temperature.
- Next, flour and baking powder are gradually added to the dough. The mass is gently stirred with a whisk until it becomes homogeneous, the consistency of thick cream.
- The dough is poured into special forms. Cupcakes should be baked for about 25 minutes in the oven, preheated to 200 C.The form is not filled to the brim, because during cooking the dough rises.
- Prepared orange muffins spread on a dish and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Small portioned cupcakes are called muffins. In addition to size, they are slightly different in composition. For their preparation usually take more eggs and milk, but less sugar. As a result, they are harder than cupcakes.
Chocolate and Orange Fruitcake
Orange Fruitcake and Chocolate Cake is a dessert that can be served for the winter holidays. The recipe does not use flour, so it can be considered dietary. For one medium cupcake, you need to take 1 orange, 4 eggs, 40 g of cornstarch( can be replaced with wheat flour or any other flour), as well as a pinch of salt, sugar and cocoa to taste:
- For a chocolate-orange cake, only peel is needed, therefore it is rubbedon a fine grater and leave in a separate container. The yolks are separated from proteins.
- The yolks are whipped with a whisk with sugar and cocoa. When the grains of sugar dissolve, you can add corn starch and orange zest to the mixture.
- Proteins are whipped separately with a mixer, a pinch of salt is added to the same mixture. When it turns into air foam, they can be poured into a container with the rest of the ingredients.
- The finished dough is gently kneaded using a spatula, then poured into a mold. The dough should not reach its edges so that it can rise with the cooking process.
- Orange and chocolate cupcake is baked for half an hour at a temperature of 180 ° C.Then it is carefully removed from the form and put on the dish. From above it can be decorated with powdered sugar, chocolate chips or any other way.
The orange muffin dough should not be whipped with a mixer. It should be gently mixed with a whisk, spatula or fork.
Cupcake in a Multicooker
Multicooker ─ is an excellent assistant in culinary affairs. It is compact, works quickly and clearly. If it is in the kitchen, you should definitely try out the orange muffin recipe in the slow cooker. For its preparation you will need a glass of flour and sugar, 1 orange, 2 eggs and a glass of orange juice. If desired, you can add any other ingredients.
- The first stage is the preparation of the test. Proteins are whipped in a thick foam with a mixer and left in a separate container. Yolks are ground with sugar, then flour and baking powder are gradually added to this mass, half a glass of juice is poured. At last, add the whipped proteins, then the dough is mixed upwards with a spatula.
- The dough is poured into a slow cooker, lubricated with vegetable oil. Set the baking mode for half an hour.
- When the cake is baked, you need to remove it from the slow cooker, make a lot of punctures in its upper part with a toothpick and pour the remaining juice. Then it is sprinkled with powdered sugar, on top of which a sliced orange is placed.
You can find a huge number of recipes for orange cake with photos. Over time, each housewife will learn to determine for herself which ingredients can be added to improve the taste, and which of them will not please the household and guests. Orange muffins are convenient because this fruit is sold at any time of the year, unlike berries and other seasonal delicacies. It is well suited for both the summer dinner and the Christmas table.