rye-wheat bread has long been popular. In contrast to the white bread that has already become familiar to many, it is much more useful. Regular consumption of such bread has a beneficial effect on the body. Its composition is traditional. It includes the optimum ratio of nutrients and trace elements for human life.
What is the use of rye bread?
It is noteworthy that the recipe for classic rye-wheat bread has not changed since ancient times. To bring this valuable pastry into your diet, it is enough to have on hand a few simple ingredients.
Despite the fact that the rye-wheat bread itself has a small caloric content, many, when trying to lose weight and adjust their diet, decide to abandon the use of bread. In fact, it is recommended only in cases where the body will receive all the necessary substances from other products. If this is not possible, then completely exclude bread from your diet is not worth it.
The advantages of rye wheat bread, due to which it is actively recommended for use by nutritionists and doctors, include:
- A small percentage of calories. The more rye flour will be, the more beneficial the bread will be.
- High content of nutrients and vitamins. Rye grains are similar in composition to the wheat. However, in the process of cooking in this bread remains more good than in white.
- Solid non-digestible fiber content. The so-called fiber, which is saturated with rye bread, is indispensable for normal digestion.
If the bread is made from healthy ingredients and does not contain harmful additives, its use has a positive effect on the state of our body.
Rye-wheat bread in bread maker
Two main components are rye flour and wheat flour. They are added water, vegetable oil. The remaining ingredients are sugar, yeast( preferably fast-acting) and salt.
The cooking process is quite simple. It is enough to follow the steps below:
- First add all the liquid ingredients to the bread maker bucket.
- Sift rye flour with wheat flour.
- Add salt to taste.
- We fall asleep dry high-speed.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Put the bucket in the bread maker.
- Select the main mode.
For the first 20 minutes, you can follow the cooking process and, if necessary, add a little water( 1 tsp each).In the future, the cover can not be opened.
Rye-wheat bread in the oven
- rye flour;
- wheat flour;
- dry yeast;
- salt and sugar;
- olive oil;
- sunflower seeds.
- Mix two types of flour( rye 150 g each, and wheat flour 300 g) and sift into separate dishes.
- Pour 2 tsp of yeast with warm water( 270 ml), add 1 tbsp.lflour mixture, as well as salt, sugar. Leave for a while in a warm place.
- When the yeast is covered with bubbles, pour them into the sifted flour.
- Add olive oil( 1 tbsp. L), as well as seeds.
- Next, knead the dough, it should stop sticking to your hands.
- Put the finished dough, greased in butter, in a bowl. Next, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place for about 60 minutes.
- When the dough rises, it is necessary to form future bread from it, put it on baking paper( preferably greased with butter).
- In the middle, kneaded dough can be cut to give it a pleasant appearance. Then sprinkle with the remaining seeds.
- Leave the dough for another 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C.
- Spray the dough with water and send to the oven for 40 minutes.
- Readiness is desirable to determine the state of the crust.
Rye-wheat bread is ready in the oven with yeast. It should be laid on the grid and cover with a towel until fully cooked.
So, for cooking you will need:
- rye sourdough;
- rye flour;
- wheat flour;
- Ready rye sourdough( 600 g) should be 100% moisture. Its quantity should be similar to the amount of flour of two kinds. Pour the starter in the bowl. Note that the starter should already be at room temperature.
- Add water( 350 ml) at room temperature( in no case should water be hot) and mix everything thoroughly. Add the rest of the ingredients to the leaven, i.e.two types of flour, 300 g each, salt to taste, but not more than 1 tsp. You shouldn't knead the dough for a long time, it will be enough if the flour is slightly moist.
- We leave the dough in a warm place for 30 minutes, covering it with cling film. Note that in the film, it is desirable to make a couple of small punctures for the dough to breathe. Next, lay out the dough and begin to knead it. It is not worth while adding flour to it, so as not to spoil the future bread. Since the dough will be quite sticky and it will be difficult for beginners to work with it, you can use a special scraper.
- Mixing duration is maximum 7 minutes. Next, leave the dough for proofing for a while to get ready. For this, the dough should be laid out in a deep dish, sprinkled with flour. If this is not done, the dough will stick to the pot. Cover the dough with a towel, leave it in this condition until it becomes twice as large in size. It usually takes 2.5 hours.
- Shake off any excess flour with a brush and put the dough on baking paper. Preheat the oven to 250 ° C with an empty tray. At the bottom of the oven you need to put a container with water, which will allow you to create a steam bath to raise the dough in the baking process.
- Next, lay out the bread with baking paper on a preheated baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes with a steam bath. Temperature - 250 ° C.If you do not want to put additional dishes with water, then to create steam it will be enough to pour a glass of water to the bottom of the preheated oven. After 15 minutes, remove the steam bath and continue to bake the bread for another 40 minutes at 200 ° C.
To determine readiness, just knock on the crust of bread. In this case, the sound should be empty. Never cut bread at once. Give him time to "rest."To do this, lay it on the grid and cover with a cotton towel or any other natural cloth. If you bake bread on a baking sheet, as described above, then with a high degree of probability it will crack, but its taste will not change. If you want to avoid this, then use the form.
Other recipes for making delicious and healthy rye bread
There are other ways to make rye bread. One of the most popular options is Swiss rye-wheat bread. Its peculiarity lies in the fact that cocoa powder is added to the recipe, therefore the bread acquires a characteristic brown color. For those who prefer simpler methods of baking, rye-wheat bread in a slow cooker will do. To do this, it is enough to prepare the dough in the usual way, and then put it into the slow cooker by selecting the "Baking" mode.