Caviarthere is even the most lazy mistress. After all, in the winter this appetizer, along with squash caviar, serves as a real decoration of the table. Adding various ingredients, and slightly changing the way of cooking, you can cook caviar for every taste: spicy or with a delicate taste, with stewed eggplants or baked.
In order for caviar to acquire a sweetish taste, you should put more carrots into it when cooking, and add chili pepper for sharpness.
A small collection of recipes with photos of eggplant caviar for all occasions( for use in the winter and not only) is presented in this article.
Caviar from Odessa
There are many options for cooking eggplant caviar in Odessa. Among them there are quite extravagant ones - when the eggplants are baked right on the burner of the gas stove, holding them by the tail. However, it is better to keep your fingers intact and not to risk health. After all, you can make a snack using a safer recipe for caviar with the addition of tomatoes.
- blue - 1 kg;
- tomatoes - 0.8 kg;
- one onion;
- olive or vegetable oil, salt to taste.
- Wash eggplants and bake for about half an hour. Turn over to the other side several times during cooking.
- Remove the skin from the cooled eggplant and put them under the press for 15-20 minutes to let the liquid containing bitterness flow through the glass.
- Finely chop the finished vegetables.
- Pour the tomatoes with hot water, put them in cold water and clean them from the skin. Finely chop with a knife.
- Chop onions not too large.
- Mix all ingredients, add oil, salt. If desired, put a pair of garlic cloves. Caviar is ready.
In order for eggplants not to taste bitter, it is better to use fresh young vegetables that contain less corned beef - a substance that gives them a bitter taste.
A young fresh eggplant has a smooth, shiny skin, without wrinkles, and a green stalk( if it is brown, it means that such a vegetable was torn off long ago).
sterilization method This recipe for eggplant caviar for the winter will pamper the household with a tasty snack for the winter holidays and not only. Vegetables are fried separately, which gives the caviar a special taste.
Since the prescription does not provide for the addition of vinegar, in order to increase the shelf life, the caviar is sterilized before rolling.
Ingredients per 5 liter jars of finished caviar:
- blue medium size - 5 kg;
- ripe tomatoes - 2 kg;
- onion - 1 kg;
- hot pepper - 2 pcs.;
- 1 kg of juicy carrots;
- 1 kg of Bulgarian pepper;
- 3 tbsp.lsalts;
- 1 tbsp.lSahara;
- 400 ml oil.
Read also: Varieties and types of eggplants for your beds
- Wash eggplants, do not trim the skin. Cut into cubes and put in a bowl.
- Pour water on top( to completely cover the vegetables) and add salt. Let stand for 40 minutes, so that bitterness comes out.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Remove seeds from pepper and cut into slices.
- Grate carrot on a grater.
- Chop the tomatoes and peel.
- Drain the eggplant, rinse, squeeze well and fry in a frying pan. Ready vegetables to shift to the cauldron.
- Add butter to the pan and fry the onion in it. Transfer it to eggplants.
- In the same place, dry carrots and send them to the rest of the vegetables.
- Add oil again, fry the Bulgarian pepper and put it in a common cauldron.
- Fry tomatoes with vegetables.
- Transfer the tomatoes to the vegetables, add sugar, salt and pepper. Cook for about 40 minutes for the roe to boil. If it is watery, the quenching time is increased.
- Apply eggplant caviar in a container and sterilize for 15 minutes.
- Ready to roll, roll and wrap caviar.
Eggplant appetizer without sterilization
Those housewives who do not have time or desire to mess around with the sterilization of seaming can try to cook eggplant eggs for the winter without sterilization.
To make caviar in jars not only tasty, but also beautiful, all vegetables are cut into equal pieces.
In order to get 2.5 liters of ready-made caviar, you will need:
- 1.5 kg average size blue;
- 0.5 kg ripe tomatoes;
- 3 small carrots;
- 3 onions;
- 5 Yellow Pepper Stuff;
- garlic - 8 medium cloves;
- 50 g of purified oil;
- 1 tbsp.lsalts;
- 2 tbsp.lSahara;
- ground pepper;
- 0.5 st.vinegar.
Step-by-step instruction: Cut the blue
- into cubes and salt a little. Let stand for bitterness.
- Onions and sweet peppers also cut into cubes, and carrots - on a grater.
- With a tomato, remove the skin and crumble.
- Pour oil into a large cauldron or saucepan and simmer onions for 10 minutes. Add pepper and carrots, stew for another 10 minutes. Put the blue, mix.
- Add tomatoes and chopped garlic. Pour vinegar, salt, add sugar and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients and cook on low heat for about half an hour. To prevent caviar from burning, periodically pour in some water.
- Caviar in a pre-sterilized container and roll up.
Read also: Whether eggplant needs picking or how to properly transplant eggplant seedlings
Eggplant caviar with an
meat grinder Eggplant caviar for the winter through a meat grinder turns out very tender, because the vegetables are chopped into mashed potatoes. It is good to smear such caviar on white bread. The quenching time is indicated as approximate - the eggs are extinguished until it attains the desired consistency. Output of finished products - 6 half-liter jars.
Prepare vegetables: cut off the peel from eggplants( 2 kg) and remove the peel from one kilogram of tomato. One kilogram of sweet pepper clean from the stalk. Vegetables twist through a meat grinder.
Pour the billet into a cauldron with a thick bottom, add salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
Simmer the eggs after boiling for about 50 minutes, add 100 ml of refined oil and allow to boil for another 5 minutes. During extinguishing, periodically remove the foam.
Before removing the cauldron from the fire, pour in 20 ml of vinegar, mix and pour the eggs into sterile containers.
Roll, wrap and leave for a day.
Caviar from roasted vegetables
Caviar from baked eggplants is especially tasty, because, unlike traditional recipes, vegetables are not fried in a pan, but baked in the oven. This snack is served on the table chilled, sprinkled with parsley on top.
For caviar you will need:
- 1 kg of blue;
- 100 g of sunflower oil;
- 3-4 garlic cloves;
- 50 g of lemon juice;
- salt, pepper.
Caviar cooking work:
- Eggplant cut along, put on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about an hour until soft.
- From the cooled baked eggplants get the pulp.
- Add butter, lemon juice, chopped garlic, and salt and pepper to the eggplant pulp.
- Cool ready-made caviar before serving.
Caviar recipe with mayonnaise
Squash caviar with mayonnaise has a lot of fans. The same delicious snack is obtained if you cook eggplant caviar with mayonnaise. In this case, vegetable oil is not used, as the fat of the caviar will give mayonnaise.
In order to quickly make caviar for sandwiches, cut 2 kg of blue into halves and slice each inside obliquely, without reaching the skin. Grate the eggplant cuts with salt and leave for half an hour to let the bitterness out.
After this time, rinse the vegetables well, lightly salt them and put in the oven until done.
Choose baked eggplant pulp, add mayonnaise( approximately 5 tbsp) and grind in a blender.
Chopped garlic and greens can be added to the finished caviar.
Preparation with mayonnaise for the winter
With mayonnaise, you can also make a winter preparation. A simple recipe for eggplant caviar for the winter with mayonnaise involves adding oil and vinegar.
Read also: Cooking autumn dish - pickled eggplants stuffed with vegetables
- 5-6 kg of blue ones;
- 2.5-3 kg onions;
- 3 heads of garlic;
- mayonnaise - a large pack with a capacity of 500 g;
- 100 ml vinegar;
- 400 g of refined oil;
- salt and pepper.
- Cut the young eggplants into cubes with the peel, sprinkle with salt and let bitter taste.
- Fry the onion( half rings).
- Drain the liquid from the vegetables and fry in the pan, spreading out in small portions.
- Fold the vegetables in a large bowl, add garlic, mayonnaise, vinegar and mix. Pepper and salt, considering that mayonnaise will already give salty taste to caviar.
- The blank is arranged in jars, screwed and sterilized for 20 minutes. Turn the finished eggs and wrap.
Caviar in a multi-cooker
Modern technologies make the cooking process completely invisible and easy. To cook eggplant caviar in a slow cooker according to the recipe described below, it will take very little time. Half an hour to cut the vegetables, and the smart assistant will do the rest herself. By the way, such caviar can still be rolled up for the winter, if it is first sterilized in half an hour.
Essential products for 8 servings of caviar:
- 1 kg eggplant;
- 0.5 kg Bulgarian pepper;
- 0.3 kg carrot;
- 0.3 kg onions;
- 2 cloves of garlic( more can be if someone loves sharper);
- tomato juice or pasta - 100 g;
- 1 tbsp.water( if tomato paste is used);
- refined oil - in the quantity necessary for roasting vegetables;
- sugar, salt, pepper.
- Cut onions into medium cubes, and grate carrots.
- Eggplant and finely chop pepper.
- If tomato paste is used, dilute it in hot water.
- Enable Baking mode, set the timer to 30 minutes. Pour oil on the bottom of the bowl and stew the onion until it becomes golden brown.
- Add carrots, cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Put the eggplant, fry for another 10 minutes.
- Add pepper, transfer the slow cooker to the “Quenching” mode and set the timer to 40-45 minutes.
- After 20 minutes of stewing caviar, add salt and sugar and pepper and pour out the tomato paste( or juice).Ingredients mix.
- Caviar is ready after the multicooker signal.
After spending a little time in the fall, in the winter you can happily make eggplant caviar sandwiches, like in a shop. And adding mayonnaise or other vegetables to caviar will only improve the taste and make it home-style tasty. Enjoy your meal!