Content of the article:
An oven-baked turkey is a classic Thanksgiving recipe. Such meat is considered dietary and can serve as an excellent alternative to the usual chicken. It is cooked with vegetables, fruits or simply baked in the sleeve. Traditionally, turkey is served with spices and spices, and mashed potatoes are used as a side dish.
Shin of turkey in the sleeve
Shin is the most juicy part of poultry meat. To prevent it from becoming dry, use a special sleeve. He creates all the conditions so that the meat is soaked with spices and spices and at the same time remains soft. A great option to bake a turkey leg is meat in a sleeve with a simple homemade marinade.
For 2 servings( 2 medium crus) you will need a few tablespoons of mayonnaise, garlic, salt and black pepper to taste. Also prepare the sleeve and baking tin. For registration and submission, take bright fresh vegetables and herbs, prepare potato chips or mashed potatoes. Turkey baked in the oven in the sleeve, cooked for 60-90 minutes:
- First, wash the poultry meat under water and leave it to dry. If it is stored in the refrigerator - remove and defrost it in advance. After defrosting in a microwave oven, it becomes less juicy and absorbs marinade poorly.
- The next step is to prepare the sauce for the turkey. In one small container, mix mayonnaise and black pepper. Add a small amount of minced garlic here - grate it or simply cut it into small pieces. Stir marinade until smooth, so that all spices are evenly distributed.
- Turn on the oven. While it is warming, carefully rub the drumstick with salt and coat it with marinade. Do not be afraid to take a lot of sauce - in the process of baking it is absorbed and a little fried.
- Place your drumsticks in a baking sleeve and securely fasten it on both sides. While the turkey is cooking, the sleeve will fill with air and may burst. To avoid this, just make a small incision at the top of the sleeve.
- Place the sleeve on the baking dish and send it to the oven for 60 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees. Periodically check the meat for readiness - if the golden crust appeared prematurely, reduce the heat. When the baked turkey is ready, immediately cut the sleeve. So the crust will turn out more crispy.
This is one of the easiest recipes for turkey leg baked in the oven. The whole process takes no more than one and a half hours, of which 60 minutes the meat is baked. Do not be afraid to experiment - turkey goes well with many spices, vegetables and fruits.
Turkey fillet in kefir sauce with cheese and tomatoes
This recipe for a turkey baked in the oven will impress even the most strict gourmets. It is better for him to take a breast or fillet - the white meat is drier than the rest of the poultry, but well absorbs sauces. For 1 kg of poultry, 200 g of hard cheese, 0.5 l of kefir, 1-2 fresh tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and spices to taste will be needed. The best mix of Provencal herbs.
- First wash and dry the meat. Make a few deep cuts in the pulp with a knife - so it will quickly absorb the sauce and get more juicy.
- Prepare marinade for meat in a separate container. Mix kefir, spices, salt and spices, add a little lemon juice( not more than half a lemon).Dip the turkey fillets in this bowl and leave for an hour and a half. If the meat will marinate more time - its taste will only get more saturated, so you can leave the container for the whole night.
- Turn on the oven 200 degrees. While it warms up, wrap each fillet slice in foil. Fasten the tips well, so that they do not let the air through. It remains to bake the turkey in the oven in foil.
- After 20 minutes, take out the baking pan and unfold the foil. If the meat is already sufficiently baked, put on each piece of a few slices of tomato and a little grated cheese. Then wrap the foil back and put the meat in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Turkey steak baked in the oven with cheese and tomatoes, ready. Due to the large amount of marinade, the meat is juicy and soft. In the foil after baking, some sauce remains - if you do not plan to serve the dish on the table right away, do not unfold the meat.
This way of baking turkey fillet in the oven in foil is already a full dish. Due to melted cheese and a large amount of marinade, the meat is nourishing and high-calorie. It is served without sauces, with a vegetable side dish.
How to bake turkey breast
For the simplest recipe for turkey baked in the oven, you will not need any foil or baking sleeve. Its main feature will be homemade flavored sauce, made from the available components. The bird turns out fragrant and juicy, but dietary. Cooking time depends on the size of the piece of meat - if you put a whole carcass baked, it will take at least an hour and a half. Breast, leg or thigh turkey, baked in the oven, you can get it in 30-40 minutes.
For 1 kg of poultry you will need several tablespoons of mustard, 3 tablespoons of vinegar and olive oil( can be replaced with any vegetable), salt and black pepper, and a mixture of spices and Provenan herbs. Also take fresh garlic to taste.
- Wash and dry the meat with a towel. Next, make a few deep cuts with a knife and place the garlic into them. Each clove for this cut into 2 or 4 pieces, depending on its size.
- The most important part is cooking the marinade and soaking the meat. Combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and spices in a separate container. Knead the sauce to a smooth consistency and try it on the tip of a spoon. If he is ready, apply it on the turkey. It is advisable to leave the meat in the marinade for the whole night( at least 12 hours), but if there is no such possibility, 1-2 hours will be enough.
- Put the meat in a container for baking and send it to the oven, preheated to 200 degrees. In the process, check the meat for readiness and periodically water it with juice that will form.
Turkey breast made according to this recipe is very fragrant. The main thing - do not overdo it with seasonings. Meat should not only smell good, but also preserve its original tender taste. Before serving, decorate it with fresh herbs, put on lettuce leaves.
Fillet baked in a sleeve with sour cream sauce and oranges
One of the most unusual turkey recipes is pulp cooked in a sleeve with homemade sour cream sauce and fruit. Such an original combination of tastes is remembered for a long time and will please even the most demanding gourmets. The only drawback - in the recipe there is sour cream and butter, so it can not be called low-calorie. For the daily menu, the recipe is not suitable, but will decorate the table for the winter holidays.
For 1 kg of poultry meat you will need 100 ml of sour cream, a spoonful of olive and butter, 1 medium orange, mustard, salt and spices( rosemary, thyme, black pepper), as well as several large garlic cloves.
- To begin, wash the meat, divide it into portions, and make several deep cuts with a sharp knife. Then rub the pulp with salt and pepper, set aside.
- The next step is to prepare the marinade. On a fine grater, rub the orange zest and put it in a separate container - at this stage it will not be needed. Squeeze orange juice into a glass, add olive oil, mustard and spices. Stir the liquid thoroughly and the marinade is ready. To make the meat soaked well, put it in a baking sleeve and pour over the sauce. The longer it will marinate, the softer and more fragrant it will turn out.
- After a few hours, carefully cut one end of the sleeve and remove the meat so that the marinade stays inside. Place a small piece of butter in each cut. Then coat the turkey with sour cream on all sides and place it back in the sleeve. Add pre-cooked orange zest and, if desired, dry or fresh garlic.
- It remains to bake the turkey in the sleeve. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees in advance, place the sleeve on the baking pan and send it to the fire. Cooking meat will take no more than 30 minutes, after which the turkey can be cut into portions and served to the table.
A turkey drumstick baked in the oven, white meat or thigh is prepared using the same recipe. It is also suitable for baking chicken.
Recipe for turkey fillet baked in bacon
Turkey fillet is the most dietary part of it. Such meat is suitable for a festive table, and for a diet dinner. The main thing is to cook the bird correctly so that it does not turn out to be dry. For this, the recipe will contain not only turkey breast, but also juicy bacon.
Turkey fillet baked in bacon in the oven, prepared from a minimum set of ingredients.700 g of poultry meat will need 300-350 g of bacon or bacon, as well as spices, salt and lemon juice. For this recipe, a spice blend is suitable for turkey or chicken.
- First of all, wash the turkey meat well and dry it with a towel. Then cut it into long thin strips. They should be small in size so that they can be conveniently wrapped in bacon.
- The main stage in the preparation of any meat is its pickling. Add salt and spices to taste, pour turkey with a small amount of lemon juice and mix. In this form, leave the meat for 15-20 minutes.
- While the meat is soaked with spices, there is time to prepare lard or bacon. Cut it into strips and beat off a little with a hammer so that it is thin and wraps around the turkey well. The thinner the formation is, the less fatty the finished rolls will be.
- The next stage is the formation of meat rolls. Wrap each piece of turkey in a plate of bacon or bacon and place on a baking dish. Rolls can not be afraid to lay close to each other - so they get more dense and will not fall apart.
- Bake a dish for at least half an hour at a temperature of 180-200 degrees( how much to bake a turkey in the oven depends on the quality of the plate).The result should be small rolls with a crispy crust. The bacon is quickly cooked and becomes less fat, and the fillet is very soft and juicy.
If the shape of the rolls is important, fasten them with a regular thread. When they are ready, just remove the leftovers.
Breast of turkey, baked in the oven properly, will be juicy and fragrant. Serve it with potato side dish and vegetables. Despite the fact that the fillet is a dietary product, fat or bacon adds calorie to the dish. It turns out very satisfying, so it is better not to add sauces to it.
Recipe for turkey in a multicooker
Turkey, baked in a slow cooker, is one of the easiest recipes. There will be no need for sauces and marinades, the taste of meat will be emphasized by several peas and vegetables. The dish will turn out really dietary and will be suitable for a daily diet. Its preparation will take no more than an hour. For 400 g of turkey meat, take a spoonful of vegetable oil, 1 carrot and 1 medium onion, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
Step by Step Cooking:
- Cut meat into portions and send to the slow cooker in frying mode for 15 minutes, before adding a small amount of vegetable oil to the bowl.
- While the turkey is roasting, chop the vegetables into small slices.
- Add onions and carrots 5 minutes before the end of the meat roasting program. Then add a glass of water and continue to bake the turkey in the stew mode for 20 minutes.
- Turkey ready for serving. The meat is tender and juicy, soaked in its own juice and vegetable flavor. This recipe is suitable for the whole family, even young children.
Every day, try not to use a large amount of spices and seasonings. Turkey meat is tender and juicy in itself boiled or baked.
Turkey is one of the most useful types of meat and poultry. It is destroyed to use on a diet and add to the diet for diseases of the liver and gastrointestinal tract. In the network you can find a huge number of turkey recipes in the sleeve or in foil, with vegetables, fruits, dried fruits or sauces. The best way to find the most delicious recipe is to listen to your own tastes and cook an original author's dish.