How to use the steamer correctly
Iron all can do irony, simple thing. The iron - something absolutely familiar and not causing questions. But with the steamer the situation is more complicated. Although the device is not invented by any means yesterday, ordinary consumers are not yet very familiar with it and are often allowed to operate the error, not knowing with certainty how to properly iron this device things.
If the speech was only about the unsatisfactory result of the work, the trouble would be small - think, one more fold remained. But when working with the steamer, we are dealing with a very hot steam that can cause serious burns in the event of incorrect actions.
In addition, improper use of the device leads to its sudden breakage before the deadline. Apparent simplicity of design encourages domestic craftsmen to try to fix small breakages on their own, and this is dangerous. It is better to follow the safety requirements and the rules for working with a convenient device - a steamer for clothes.
- 1Types of steamers
- 2Secrets of effective steaming
- 3Safety precautions and proper care of the steamer
Types of steamers
Stainers for clothes can be small hand-held or large floor. The principles of work are the same: water is poured into the tank, heated to 100 degrees, then fed through the openings of the steam iron to the surface of the thing.
The difference lies in the location of the tank, the power of the device and the operating pressure of the supplied steam. In small models, the reservoir is located directly in the housing of the device. Such models are similar to small electric kettles, which have a steam iron instead of a nozzle. The vapor pressure in these devices is small, like the water supply.
In floor steamers, the tank is connected to the iron with a flexible hose, its capacity can be up to 3 liters. These devices are heated much longer, with a tank filling you can steam off a whole mountain of clothing and bed linen, and even curtains on the windows at the same time. Their plus is also that steam can be fed with much more power, which allows you to smooth even stubborn creases on coarse and stiff fabric.
Both types are designed for vertical stripping of clothes and other things.
Secrets of effective steaming
- Before you start using the device for the first time, read all instructions: both for proper operation and for everything related to safety.
- Do not rush to start the process: the water should reach the optimum temperature, so that the steam begins to enter the iron at the required pressure.
- Use iron only with vertical movements.
Safety precautions and proper care of the steamer
- Never direct a working steam iron to people, animals or plants.
- It is strictly forbidden to steam things directly on the body.
- Ensure that the power cord does not get on the hot surface on the hot surface and into the water.
- Never add water to the tank without disconnecting the device from the power supply.
- Do not attempt to disassemble and repair the unit on your own, unless you have specific professional skills.
- Do not disconnect the steam hose from the floor steamer during operation.
- Do not leave the steamer in operation without supervision.
- Do not tilt the hand steamer during operation, otherwise boiling water can pour through the holes.
- Pour only clean water into the tank, preferably distilled water.
- From time to time, clean the water tank of scale. To do this, you can use a solution of citric acid.
- The holes for the steam outlet also need to be cleaned periodically, since limescale is also formed in them. Clogged holes cause splashing of hot water droplets. This is dangerous for your hands and can spoil clothing.
- When working, use a special glove to protect your hands from hot steam.
- Do not remove the steamer until it has cooled completely. The tank must be emptied and dried, clean the surface of the iron with a clean soft rag.
We recommend reading: how to clean the steamer from scale.