Contents of the article:
Stuffed cabbageThey are prepared according to different recipes and if they have been made a lot, they tolerate freezing well. It remains only to figure out how to cook frozen cabbage rolls. In the pan or in the oven, defrost or not worth it, boil or still stew? So, we reveal all the secrets of cooking semi-finished products.
In the pan
Let's start with the easiest way - how to cook frozen cabbage rolls in a pan. He is good that cabbage rolls do not even need to defrost. It is enough just to warm the utensils with high sides and lay out the blank on it.
Use only a cast iron skillet. In it, the semi-finished products not only do not stick, but also fry and extinguish well. If not, you can use the thick-walled pot.
If you are planning to cook meat semi-finished products, you can also prepare gravy-sauce at the same time. To do this, stuffed cabbage spread in rows, peppered them with grated raw carrots and sliced onions. Fill the contents with water so that it completely covers the envelopes. Cover with a lid, put the pan on the stove and, when the contents boil, reduce the heat to a minimum, add tomato paste, sour cream, salt and pepper to taste and simmer until fully cooked( 40-60 minutes).
How to cook delicious frozen cabbage rolls in a pan
For 1 kg of frozen convenience foods, you will need two carrots, as well as salt with pepper. To prepare the sauce should prepare 3 tbsp.lvegetable oil and tomato paste with flour in two articles.leach ingredient. And now about how to cook frozen cabbage rolls in the pan:
- The first step is to defrost the cabbage rolls. This is done or in the usual way on the table, taking cabbage rolls from the freezer two hours before cooking. And you can do it easier - put them in the microwave on the "Defrost" mode. Prepared semi-finished products are placed in a pan with a thick bottom.
- Carrots are washed, cleaned and grated with a fine grater.
- Carrots spread over the surface of cabbage.
- Pour water into the pan so that it covers its contents, as well as salt and pepper.
- It remains only to find out how much to cook frozen cabbage rolls. After you put the pot on the fire, wait for boiling, reduce the heat to low and cook for an hour.
- In the meantime proceed to gravy. Warming up the pan, fry the flour in vegetable oil until golden brown. Then he spreads the mixture with warm water and sent to boil until it thickens.
- When the cooking time for cabbage rolls is over, gravy is poured into them, finely chopped greens are added and cooked for about 10 minutes.
Everything, the dish is ready. It can be laid out on a plate and set to a meal.
Multivarka to help
Such a unit is in almost every kitchen. It is very convenient and allows you to cook a variety of dishes. So it is worth considering how to cook frozen cabbage rolls in a slow cooker:
- First, prepare the sauce. To do this, take a carrot, clean it, rub it on a grater and send it to the unit, having previously set the “Frying” or “Baking” mode.
- Onions are peeled, finely chopped and sent to the carrot along with the tomato paste. Content should be mixed well.
- When the vegetables are fried, add a little warm water or broth to make the sauce more liquid, boil a little and pour it into a deep container.
- Now in a row, preferably on a flank, the frozen cabbage rolls are tightly placed in the bowl of the multicooker. You do not need to defrost them. From above they are poured with sauce and, having set the mode “Quenching”, prepare 1-1.3 hours.
You can use different sauces for cooking. Some housewives add garlic, various spices, or other ingredients. Variety never hurts.
Everything, you can sit at the table.
Yummy from the oven
Above, we have already described how to stew frozen sauce in the pan. Now try baking them in the oven. It turns out very tasty.
In the process of cooking, try to lay the pigeon on one floor. This will allow them to bake well and quickly.
- We take out the semi-finished products and fry them in a pre-heated pan, adding a little oil. When the "envelopes" become golden in color, they are shifted into a baking dish.
- For the sauce, clean a large carrot and rub it on a grater with a large hole diameter.
- Onion head is peeled and cut into small cubes.
- Heat the pan, pour the butter and fry the chopped vegetables on it until cooked.
- In another skillet, melt some butter, add flour there and fry until golden.
- Milk is gently poured into the flour mixture. Do not forget to constantly interfere, so as not to form lumps.
- After boiling the sauce for a few minutes, spread the roasted vegetable mixture into it, and then pour over the stuffed cabbage rolls.
- The container with the semi-finished products is sent to the oven preheated to 180 degrees and baked for about half an hour.
- Now prepare the sauce, which will pour the finished cabbage rolls. In the remaining juice in the pan, released after frying semi-finished products, pour in tomato paste, stir thoroughly, and then pour in sour cream.
- Add cream. They need so much that the sauce has acquired the desired consistency. In this case, note that when cooking sauce thickens a little. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Finished cabbage rolls are watered with creamy sauce and served at the table.
Before cooking frozen cabbage rolls, a few more rules should be noted:
- Instead of cream, you can use broth, preferably meat, or water. It must be hot, but not boiling water, otherwise the sour cream will be curtailed and the dish will be spoiled.
- When preparing the sauce, watch the fire - it must be small so that the cooking product does not burn.
- And do not boil the sauce, he does not like it.
We introduced you to how to cook frozen cabbage rolls in different ways. Try experimenting and find the most delicious solution for yourself.