How to independently hang a microwave on the wall
Microwave - an indispensable assistant, which, unfortunately, takes up a lot of space in the kitchen. This becomes a problem if you live in a small living space, on which every centimeter is valuable. Fortunately, there are different options for placing a microwave oven. The ideal solution for a small apartment is not to install the device, but to hang it on the wall. So you can save valuable space and at the same time place this necessary device. In this article, we will look at how to hang a microwave in the kitchen correctly and what nuances will need to be taken into account in doing so.
- 1Required Tools
- 2Step-by-step instruction
- 3Take a note
During the placement you will need:
- the microwave itself;
- two special brackets;
- building scotch (useful in the event that you hang a microwave on a tiled wall).
- First of all, you will need to buy fasteners, there are many types that are intended for each particular device. Select special brackets for the microwave oven. Please note, the fasteners must withstand a weight of up to 70 kg. Do not use stand for TV or other household appliances. As a rule, brackets have the form of two L-shaped holders made of steel, they are covered with powder paint from above. In addition, they must be attached to the lining of rubber with a sticky base and plugs.
- After the brackets are bought and everything you need from the list above, you also need to determine the place where you want to fix the microwave in the kitchen. When choosing a location, you should try to arrange the device as far as possible from the sink and gas stove (this will protect the stove from overheating and accidental water ingress into it).
- Further measure the width of the microwave oven and designate this distance on the wall. For this purpose, it is very convenient to use an ordinary pencil, which you need to put the appropriate marks.
- Now you can start making holes. To do this, you need a drill, with it, make a groove in the wall and hammer into them the choppers of plastic (on them you can then screw the screws). In total, you need to make four holes of two for each bracket. Screw the fasteners onto the wall and place a microwave on them.
Pay attention to the fact that the brackets should be attached perfectly smoothly, this will directly affect the subsequent operation of the device in the most direct way. In the case of severe distortion, the microwave oven will not work well and can even break..
Take a note
To date, many manufacturers offer fasteners designed for a specific model of microwave oven. This is very convenient and will greatly facilitate the process of placing the device. You can buy a holder from a specific manufacturer or cheaper options, the main thing is that it can withstand the weight of the microwave oven.
If you buy fasteners from a company that causes you doubts, you should carefully consider the product. It is not allowed to have cracks or chips on it. Also, the powder coating should not be damaged. Ideally, fasteners should be made of strong steel, which can be used for high humidity and temperature.
Do you want to hang a microwave in the corner in the kitchen? In this case it will be necessary in addition to the brackets to buy another and a special corner shelf. When you hang the device, first attach the brackets to the shelf, and then to the wall. The microwave oven on the stand must be as level as possible. To do this correctly and simply you can take advantage of a special level..
After installing the brackets do not forget to attach special lining to them with anti-slip coating. To do this, remove the protective film from the rubber rectangles and attach the overlays with a sticky side to the metal bracket. This manipulation will prevent the microwave from sliding when opening the doors..
It is also necessary to install plugs on all open fastenings. On sale for today it is possible to find fasteners of different colors, namely - black, gray and white, based on what, you can choose the most suitable for the color scheme of your microwave oven.
Hanging a microwave oven in the kitchen is a very sensible solution for a small apartment, so you can rid yourself of unnecessary inconvenience and enjoy the taste of always hot favorite dishes. The main thing is to ensure that the device is properly operated, and then your microwave oven will serve you for a very long time and will not cause absolutely no trouble!.