Potatoes have been the most popular vegetable since ancient times. Vegetable is used in its pure form, and is part of a large variety of dishes. In addition to excellent taste, potatoes are enriched with nutrients. Such properties of tubers gave impetus to the cultivation of various varieties. A popular potato variety is Rocco , it is bred by Dutch breeders. Now it is grown in many countries of the world, including Russia.
ContentsSome attribute it to late-ripening.
Ripens potatoes 150 days after planting in the ground. The main advantage of the variety is high yield.
But these are not all the advantages of this variety. Among other advantages the following :
- excellent taste. Suitable for cooking and frying. In the process of heat treatment, the vegetable retains the color of the fruit - creamy white. Also used for cooking french fries and chips;
- resistance to diseases, including viral;
- resistance to dry weather conditions;
- unpretentiousness in cultivation. Seedlings take root well, and potatoes are almost indifferent to growing conditions and weather conditions;
- this potato is well kept.
The weight of one potato can reach 125 grams.
Rocco is one of 's favorite culinary varieties. The starch content in potatoes is about 17%.To buy it on the food market is not difficult, since it is one of the most purchased varieties.
. Botanical characteristics of
The fruits themselves have a pleasant taste and smell of pulp. Coloring the flesh - creamy white .In the process of cooking the color does not change. The tubers themselves are not deformed. The shape of the tuber is similar to a rounded oval.
Tuber peel thin. Its surface is smooth. Skin color - pale pink .
The bushes of potatoes have a height of up to half a meter. Stems are directed vertically upwards. Therefore, Rocco is fairly easy to distinguish from other varietal species. The flowers have a lilac color with a burgundy shade .
Sometimes this potato does not bloom .But this does not negate the active growth of tubers - this is its feature.
tubers. The history of the appearance of
Rocco was bred by Dutch breeders .In Russia, it began to be grown since 2002.For a short time he managed to catch the fancy of gardeners from around the world.
The most actively grown in China, Holland, France, India and Australia. Now Rocco is cultivated in Russia, in the CIS countries and neighboring countries.
Cultivation features of
Rocco is an unpretentious variety , which is resistant to many diseases and dry weather conditions. The variety is able to adapt to any weather conditions.
Grow it under the force of not only gardeners with the experience of , but also those who have just started to do this business.
When landing, follow a number of steps:
- Soil for planting varieties should be different looseness, solid soil is not too good for him, since the root system will not develop so actively.
- Before planting, the plot must be leveled and cleaned of weeds.
- Planting material is required before planting. Copper sulfate solution, potassium permanganate solution and boric acid solution are suitable for processing. Epin will also work.
- It is advisable to plant the tuber into the ground by 4 cm.
- Before throwing a seed tuber into the planting hole, it is advisable to pour some ash onto the bottom of the hole. This will increase the level of starch.
In the northern regions of , landing so early will not succeed, but it is not recommended to be late with landing.
. Care nuances of
. Crop care includes the following nuances of :
- requires regular weeding;
- variety is drought tolerant, but watering is necessary during dry periods, and if the soil is excessively dry;
- is periodically recommended to loosen and pile up the soil between the bushes and between the rows. This increases the air permeability of the soil;
- to protect against the Colorado potato beetle help siderats - lupine and mustard;
- for the fight against disease is recommended to use chemicals, as well as folk remedies;
- it is recommended to dig out the tubers after full yellowing and drying of the tops;
- important feeding. Suitable ash wood, organic fertilizer and saltpeter. Also important are mineral fertilizers with a high content of potassium and phosphorus.
Rocco's Potato is well stored and transported by .It is important to observe some storage features of tubers:
- you can store dug tubers in wooden boxes or in capron nets. In the boxes, you must first make a gap;
- can be stored in cellars, undergrounds. It is required to create favorable storage conditions - not too low air temperature, lack of moisture;
- grade carries long shipments.
Reviews about potatoes
Alexey, 62 years old, Kostroma : “I accidentally got a potato Rocco from a neighbor in a dacha. At first there were about five bushes. Potatoes liked the taste and the fact that for the past 10 years, he gives a high yield. ”
Irina, 44 years old, Samara :“ Itself has not planted Rocco. A friend once treated me to mashed potatoes, which surprised me with a delicate and very pleasant taste. I took the tubers for planting. ”
Tatiana, 31, Novosibirsk :“ I saw Rocco from my country house neighbors. A distinctive feature are erect shrubs with wavy leaves. According to the stories of a neighbor, about 10 large tubers are collected annually from one bush. Took a few seed tubers. I will definitely plant in the spring. ”
Thus, Rocco is one of the best Dutch varieties of potatoes with excellent characteristics. It is unpretentious in cultivation, it is well kept, and also gives a rich harvest with excellent tastes.