Polyfoam is a universal heater. It can be used both for external insulation and for internal. Consider why this type of insulation is noteworthy and why it is so widely used in various construction projects.
The history of the use of foam in construction dates back to 1951. Employees of the construction company decided to polymerize styrene with a steam generator by experimentation. After several decades, this method was improved, as a result of which we all have an inexpensive functional insulation.
If we talk about the positive qualities of the foam, then it is impossible not to note such properties as:
- Thermal conductivity - is one of the most famous advantages. The range of indicators of the level of thermal conductivity ranges from 0.03 to 0.05 (m * K). This result was achieved due to strong gas filling.
- Noise isolation - closed porosity perfectly absorbs sound. The thicker the foam sheet, the higher the sound insulation level.
- Resistance to chemical and biological substances. This is a quality that eliminates the formation of fungal mold and other negative formations on the surface of the material.
- Density - a high level can be compared with stronger and heavier materials. For example, 10 cm of foam in terms of density is equivalent to 0.6 m of aerated concrete.
- Structure - the material is easy to cut, which greatly simplifies its use in the construction or repair process.
- Safe composition - work with foam does not require personal protective equipment.
- Mass - light weight does not exert additional pressure on the walls and foundation of the room.
- Resistance to temperatures - this property allows the foam to remain for 20 years in a climate with a high level of variability. In a stable environment, the material can last about 50 years.
- Low price - polystyrene is one of the most affordable insulation materials. Its use allows you to save a significant amount of money, while getting an excellent result.
Polyfoam is a universal material that perfectly copes with the role of insulation. It has a number of positive qualities, which include such properties as sound insulation and thermal conductivity. Its low price is one of the reasons for the wide popularity of the use of material in construction.
- Everything You Need to Know About Zinc Panels
- Sandwich panels: economy, practicality, attractiveness
- Is OSB cooker really dangerous and can it be used indoors
- Bamboo wallpapers: types, advantages, combinations
- Which laminate does not last long
- How to choose a stretch ceiling
- Wall decoration with flexible stone
- How to level the ceiling without plaster
- What water pipes are inconvenient in installation
- What wallpaper can breathe, absorb noise and smell good
- 3 rules for extending the life of roof tiles
- How to choose porcelain tiles no worse than designer tiles
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen