You will need the following materials and tools:
- Advantages and disadvantages ↓
- Types and methods of fastening ↓
- Vertical blinds ↓
- Horizontal ↓
- Accordion pleats ↓
- Special models used for arches and bay windows ↓
- Roll ↓
- Attic ↓
- Interframe ↓
- Multifactorial ↓
- Photo blinds ↓
- Roman curtains ↓
- Electric drive models ↓
- Protective shutters ↓
- Recommendations ↓
- set with blinds;
- self-tapping screws;
- Using a thin drill you should drill a window, and install the screws so that they are directed towards the plastic.
- Markup required, taking into account all the nuances that are set out in the instructions for the correct installation. To do this, we carry out all the necessary notes on the window with a pencil. The plates should not go beyond the glass, and the brackets are set so that the latches are attached at the top.
- After previous stepsput on the container, and the latches are covered.
The quality of work is checked by how the container is removed.No difficulties should be observed when removing or putting it on.
- Next, fasten the lower holders. To do this, drill the necessary holes and with the help of screws install the structure. The position of the holders is determined by eye so that after installation, the blinds are tightly tensioned.
Installing blinds on the balcony involves the following steps:
- The necessary marking is carried out, thanks to the application of the product to the window.
- Pencil make notes and indicate the places where there will be holes for screws.
- Next, install all the necessary fastening mechanisms using an electric drill.
Vertical or horizontal models can be mounted both to the ceiling and to the wall. Therefore, it is necessary to take into account the installation methods of certain types in advance before choosing the appropriate size.
Vertical options are fixed using two brackets, which are installed slightly above the window, using special screws for this. Horizontal varieties are mounted on the casement also using several brackets.
A special box and a strong shaft are used for fastening voluminous rolled products. They cannot always be installed at the top of the openings, so it is best to mount the system on the ceiling.
Installation without the use of a drill involves fastening using brackets, the installation of which is carried out in several ways:
- With hookswhich should be fixed at the top of the sash window construction.
- Using special double-sided tapedesigned to fix the blinds to plastic windows.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages include a fairly extensive list of advantages of such devices:
- Necessary ventilationdue to which air from open windows freely penetrates into the room.
- Ensuring the most comfortable luminous flux inside the room. This happens with the help of special louvres, which are the main component of the blinds, which can be adjusted using the installed mechanisms, achieving the necessary lighting of the space.
- Ease of use and ease of use allows again to give preference in favor of blinds.
- Compactness. The device does not take up much space, thereby allowing the efficient use of the window sill, which remains completely free.
- Ease of repair work. In the event that any bar has become unusable, it can be easily replaced with a new one.
- Low cost. Affordable price is becoming a fundamental argument that convinces consumers to opt for blinds.
- Presentable appearancecharacterized by special simplicity and modern minimalist sophistication.
The disadvantages include the following:
- Difficulties in the regulation of certain models.
- The need to wipe each plate from the accumulation of dust and various other contaminants.
- Inability to protect your window constructions from the actions of various intruders.
- Sufficient fragility of certain models, which becomes a frequent cause of breakage and malfunction of some types of blinds.
Types and methods of fastening
The most popular model that is very popular among consumers.
They have existed on the market for a long time and have become a wonderful option to prevent excess sunlight from entering the room.
A distinctive feature was the appearance resembling an accordion.
Special models used for arches and bay windows
Perfectly solve all the problems that arise in window structures that differ in rather non-standard forms.
They are made of solid material, which is easily rolled up. They have become a great alternative to ordinary curtains and boring curtains.
Easy enough to fasten in rooms where window structures are at an angle.
The model that is usually used for mounting on obsolete wooden window structures.
They are distinguished by a variety of prints and a color palette, which allows you to choose the most suitable model for any interior.
A characteristic feature was the use of various patterns on the canvas of the product.
Their appearance is very reminiscent of pleated blinds.
Electric drive models
Thanks to a special mechanism, you can adjust the device with the usual touch of a button.
They are made of metal and used outside the building.
Having decided on the choice of model, you need to familiarize yourself with the attached instructions, which describe in detail all the stages of installation of the product.
Such work is not particularly difficult, so if you have all the necessary tools, installation can be done independently without resorting to the services of qualified specialists.
The main methods of fastening blinds suggest some options:
- Fastening with screws.
- Using special brackets.
- By making holes in the wall with a drill.
As for fixing roller shutters on the balcony, the methods are as follows:
- In the window opening.
- On the sash.
- Window openings, which are characterized by sufficient width and depth, are recommended to be decorated using special closed systems, fixing directly to the frame itself. This solution allows you to use the entire area of the window sill for your own purposes in the most convenient way.
- If the window sill is completely absent, and the window does not differ in special dimensions, then it is better to fix the product over the opening. This will help to visually increase the window structure and maximize the opening.
- A small room can be visually enlarged, giving preference to roll models, the shade of which would match the color of the walls, and setting them above the window opening.