Often, when choosing a new refrigerator, the buyer does not pay attention to such a criterion as the noise level of the refrigerator. An annoying rumble can be an unpleasant surprise. Noisiness is a rumble value expressed in a numerical value. Measured in decibels (dB). Less buzz emits the device with the lowest value.
- Refrigeration noise standards
- Noise measurement methods
- Noise reasons
- Ways to reduce noise
- The most silent cooler models overview
- Video Tips
Refrigeration noise standards
In accordance with GOST 16317-87, the established noise level for the refrigerator should be no more than 53 dB. The state document approved a scale by which the noise of devices is divided into three levels:
- low - from 25 to 34 dB;
- medium - from 35 to 44 dB;
- high - more than 45 dB.
Devices of a certain modification have an individual indicator of noise.
- the norm for refrigeration equipment with the noFrost system is from 44 to 47 dB;
- devices with another system operate with a hum level within 34-42 dB.
The operating level of the hum of the selected model of the refrigerator is registered in the technical passport and on the sticker on the back of the equipment.
What to remember when choosing a refrigerator.
- The more complex the model, the more additional features and technical capabilities, the more difficult it is to achieve minimum noise, for example, the noFrost system has a fan that works with a certain rumble. You can reduce the impact of noise on a person by installing a refrigerator at the maximum distance from living rooms.
- Two-compressor refrigerators work, replacing each other, it is impossible to completely eliminate noise in this case. Manufacturers minimize noise levels by choosing low-power compressors. In this case, the refrigerator will make noise when turning on and off each compressor, but the overall noise level may even be lower than that of single compressor equipment.
For comparison: the noise created by talking at elevated tones is 50 dB, the hum from the clock is 30 dB, the knock from the keys of the typewriter - from 51 to 70 dB, the noise of the leaves of the trees is approximately 25 db
Noise measurement methods
You can determine what noise level the selected device has by using special equipment - sound level meters. The cost of the device is quite high, so there is no point in buying it for domestic needs. If you want to find out what is the noise level of a refrigerator in an apartment, just invite a specialist.
If there is a sound level meter, you need to set it to readings ranging from 50 to 100 dB and direct the microphone towards the refrigerator, maintaining a distance of approximately 50 cm. After a few seconds, the measurement results are displayed on the screen.
Expert Advice: if the value is greater than specified in the technical passport, most likely, the refrigeration equipment is installed unevenly. It is necessary to check the vertical and horizontal level, by twisting the legs, the position of the refrigerator is adjusted. If during repeated measurement the indicator has not changed, you should invite the wizard.
- Compressor operation. If two compressors are installed in the device, respectively, the level will be higher. Despite the fact that two-compressor devices additionally install devices that reduce the noise level, they work louder than single-compressor ones.
- Noise is created by parts that in contact with the compressor during operation.
- Humming creates refrigerant refrigeration while driving in a condenser and evaporator.
- Additional sounds - characteristic clicks - are heard when the relay is triggered.
- The presence of cooling fans creates a buzz, the more there are, the louder the refrigerator works.
- As a rule, refrigerators with a small volume are noisier than large ones. This is because the compressor is installed on the outer wall of the device.
- In the first days, new devices work a little louder, as the grinding of moving parts takes place.
The most noisy are devices of large volumes, the design of which provides for a fan installed in the motor part. The main criterion for the noise of the device is a good night's sleep. If it seems to you that the equipment is working loudly, but you do not wake up at night, this means that the device is working properly and is functioning within the normal range.
Note: when choosing a particular model, you need to correctly prioritize. Keep in mind that a single-compressor refrigerator is quieter, but produces less cold in hot weather. At the same time, the two-compressor device works louder, but it freezes much better.
Ways to reduce noise
- First of all, you need to check the surface on which the refrigerator is installed - it should be perfectly flat. If necessary, rubber layers are placed under the legs.
- It is important that the appliance does not come into contact with the kitchen furniture.
- Do not place dishes close to the inside of the refrigerator.
- If possible, use only one camera.
- Use sound insulation to isolate the most noisy parts. Effectively absorbs the hum of rubber, which is fixed between the wall and the rear surface of the device.
- The inside of the camera is encased with a Shumka.
- If the compressor and fan are located outside the refrigeration equipment, mastic can be applied around them.
- Why is the refrigerator buzzing and noisy? What to do and how to reduce the noise with your own hands? Proven Methods.
- Filling the refrigerator with freon do it yourself: detailed instructions, safety rules and tips for beginners.
- Why does the ice on the back wall freeze in the refrigerator and what should I do? You will find the answer here.
The most silent cooler models overview
|Trademark||Model||Noise level, dB||Note|
|Liebherr||ST 3306||Less than 40||Single compressor|
|Liebherr||CUP 3021-22||39||With noFrost system|
|Electrolux||ENB 38943 X||Less than 40||With noFrost system|
|Electrolux||EN 3881 AOX||Less than 40||Single compressor|
|Bosch||KGS 39 XW 20||Less than 40||Two-compressor|
|Samsung||RL-59 GYBMG||38,5||With noFrost system|
You can get detailed information about the correct choice of refrigeration equipment by watching a video clip.
A working refrigerator with a low noise emits minimal hum. As soon as noise causes discomfort, contact a service center. Here the device will be checked, the cause of the loud noise will be established and eliminated.
In contact with