A few years ago, buying a robot vacuum cleaner might seem like a waste of money. But with the gradual entry into the market of new manufacturers and with them more advanced and cheaper models, more and more people are thinking about how to choose a robot vacuum cleaner for their needs in order to shift the lesson to it cleaning.
- Criteria for choosing a robot cleaner
- Important Nuances When Choosing A Vacuum Cleaner Robot
- Manufacturers Overview
- Rating models according to customers
- Comparison of different models of robotic vacuum cleaners (video)
Criteria for choosing a robot cleaner
The answer to the question of which option to choose among cleaning assistants is to carefully examine its characteristics. Consider the most important parameters.
Dimensions. In fact, in many models of robotic vacuum cleaners, they do not differ much. Usually it is a round disk with a diameter of about 30-40 centimeters and a height of about 10. But it is also worth considering the presence of a base with a waste bin in some models, for a one-room apartment this option will not work due to the massiveness of the base.
- Cleaning time. This parameter can be viewed from several sides. First of all, it means how long the vacuum cleaner will work before discharge and depends on the capacity of the battery. On the other hand, you need to consider how much time he spends on cleaning 1 square meter (usually about 1-2 minutes). These indicators determine the maximum cleaning area without recharging.
- The presence of side brushes. Due to its design, the robot vacuum cleaner cannot thoroughly clean out debris along walls and in corners. In this case, manufacturers have provided for the installation of side brushes that pick up debris to the main turbo brush.
- The capacity of the dust bag. From this value depends on how often it will have to be cleaned. There are also options with a stationary dust collector of a larger volume, where the robot unloads garbage after cleaning. This function is not very popular with buyers, perhaps because such a dust collector occupies an additional area, and the robot can not always clearly dock with it so that the garbage does not crumble.
- Wet cleaning. For safety reasons, robotic cleaning assistants are not equipped with a water tank. (an exception is made by several models), therefore the robot vacuum cleaner with wet cleaning will work in floor polisher. That is, a special wet towel is attached to the bottom of the robot, which wipes the floor during cleaning.
- Work on schedule. A very convenient feature that allows you to set the days and time of cleaning in the settings. Choosing a schedule, you can choose it so that the robot performs cleaning when no one is at home, invisibly to a person maintaining cleanliness in the house.
- Obstacle sensors. All robotic vacuum cleaners are equipped with obstacle sensors, but there are varieties of them. The simplest and most common is contact. Faced with an obstacle, the robot changes the trajectory of movement. To prevent shocks that could adversely affect both the robot itself and furniture items, many models are equipped with infrared or ultrasonic sensors. The data from them helps the robot calculate the distance to the nearest obstacle and adjust its trajectory.
- Building a room map. Often this parameter is provided by the presence of a navigation camera. This is a video camera that removes the ceiling during movement. When obstacles are detected, information about them is recorded in memory, and the next time the robot will move in accordance with the constructed map. In this case, the home assistant will not be able to get lost and without any problems will return to the base for recharging in a timely manner. The simplest robots that do not have this feature move around the room in a chaotic manner.
Based on the above list of parameters, you can evaluate how much the robot matches the given requests, and do not worry anymore about the question of how to choose it correctly.
Important Nuances When Choosing A Vacuum Cleaner Robot
Some models have an ultraviolet lamp on the bottom of the robot. It is assumed that during cleaning with its help the surface will be disinfected. Given that for this the time of continuous exposure to one area should be at least 15 minutes, and the robot the vacuum cleaner lingers in one place at best for a couple of seconds, then such a lamp has no real benefit will bring. Therefore, you should not believe this marketing move and overpay for a useless function.
Also, do not focus on power. All robotic vacuum cleaners have a small suction power, and garbage collection is carried out to a greater extent due to a turbo brush. Therefore, in the parameters, most likely, the power that the motor consumes will be indicated. Better to pay close attention to build quality. This is especially true for models that do not have infrared and ultrasonic obstacle sensors. Constant collisions with furniture and walls can lead to disastrous results.
Robots without a built-in room map building system have different navigation algorithms, which also determine how the robot decides that the cleaning is over.
- The simplest option is implemented in robots of the Chinese company xRobot. The principle of choosing the direction of movement in them is chaotic, there is no ordering. The robot decides that it is time to finish cleaning when the battery starts to discharge.
- The same navigation principle applies to iRobot models. But the cleaning time is selected based on the number of collisions. The logic is approximately the following: if there are few collisions, the room is large and there is not enough furniture in it, if there are a lot of them, then the cleaning area is small. According to these data, the cleaning time is calculated. Such robots are poorly oriented in space and may not find their base.
- New advanced models provide special beacons that must be installed in doorways or against walls, depending on the principle of operation. Focusing on such beacons, the robot estimates the boundaries of space. The disadvantage of such a navigation organization is that the beacons work on batteries, so they will have to be changed periodically. Of course, the best option is to buy a robot with a navigation camera.
iRobot - An American company, which was one of the first to engage in the production of cleaning robots. Her first Roomba model appeared on the market in the early 2000s, she was also the first to enter the Russian market. We can say with confidence that any of their models works like clockwork, the mechanism has been worked out with many years of experience. The disadvantage is the pricing policy of this company.
iClebo - The South Korean brand, which appeared in mid-2014 in Russia, quickly began to gain popularity among buyers. The latest models of robots of this brand are distinguished by a wide range of functions, combined with a fairly affordable price. Production is in the home country.
NeatoRobotics - A company based in Silicon Valley, but whose production is located in China. The variety of models is not very large, in fact they differ only in small differences in design and packaging.
xRobot - A cheap brand originally from China, which manufactures its products under a number of other names: Qwikk, LRobot and Clever & Clean. Attracts people with a low price, but can not boast of decent quality.
Other brands, among which Karcher, LG Hom Bot, Samsung NaviBot, ElectroluxTrilobite (leftovers sold out) Clatronic bsr represented on the market by a small set of models and are not in great demand.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner for home: what criteria to choose?
- Why does a vacuum cleaner suck dust and gets warm? What to do?
- How to choose a car vacuum cleaner? Which is better?
- Which vacuum cleaner is better with a bag or container? Overview of the pros and cons.
Rating models according to customers
It is impossible to say unequivocally which robot vacuum cleaner is better, so you should pay attention to the reviews of people who have already bought this model. For clarity, a list of the most popular robots among buyers was compiled, which can help determine the question of which smart vacuum cleaner to choose.
The popularity of this model of the South Korean company Yujin Robot is explained by a very affordable price with maximum functionality. It is equipped with a navigation camera, infrared obstacle sensors, side brushes, allows program a cleaning schedule and choose from 5 different motion paths (randomly, zigzag and etc.).
- iRobot Roomba 631
The Roomba range has been available since 2003. The 631 has a very limited feature set. Such a robot vacuum cleaner is suitable only for small apartments, because the cleaning area is only 60 square meters. They buy this model because of the guaranteed quality, provided by the many years of experience of the American company.
- iClebo Pop
In fact, it is a simplified version of iClebo Arte. The main difference is the lack of a navigation camera, which is why its price is lower. The rest is very similar to his brother. This model stands out with an interesting design, there are different variations, including Lemon, Phantom, Magic and others.
- Gutrend Fun 110 Pet
A fairly new model, which managed to gain popularity among buyers. The set of functions almost coincides with 3rd place, but its price is almost a third lower. This characterizes the Gutrend Fun 110 Pet as an inexpensive robot vacuum cleaner for cleaning rooms up to 120 square meters.
- iRobot Roomba 880
The lack of a navigation camera and a higher price do not allow competing successfully with a Korean competitor. Demand for the new 880 model of the Roomba line is still lower than for the favorite 631. But it is impossible to say unequivocally which of the two of them is better. Despite this fact, the iRobot Roomba 880 is a good option for small rooms.
Comparison of different models of robotic vacuum cleaners (video)
To finally decide which robot vacuum cleaner is best for you, it is worth looking at some models in work. If none of your friends have a good example, you can restrict the video to a comparison of popular models.
The video below discusses manufacturers such as Neato, iClebo, Clever’n’Clean, Kitfort, LG Hom-bot.
In conclusion, I want to note that when choosing a model, a low price may seem an advantage, but almost always it is accompanied by low quality. Therefore, if you decide to buy a robot vacuum cleaner for your home, you should pay attention to the iRobot or iClebo models so as not to be disappointed in the future.
In contact with