- 1 Cost
- 2 Soundproofing
- 3 Mechanical damage vulnerability
- 4 Condensation
- 5 High material consumption
- 6 Fast freezing
Metal is a roofing material that began to be produced more than 30 years ago. During this time, technology improved, and the roof became better. But still, the metal tile has several drawbacks, because of which many owners of private houses prefer to abandon it.
The first disadvantage of roofing material is its cost. Often, owners in an attempt to save money buy cheap metal, the quality of which is low. After that, problems with operation quickly arise, and the service life does not exceed 7 years. If we consider durable options that do not deteriorate for 50 years, then their price is much higher.
Many note poor insulation of metal tiles. Any precipitation will be reflected by loud noises from such a roof. To prevent this, the roof will need to be insulated with mineral wool or other material, which incurs additional costs.
Mechanical damage vulnerability
The material is characterized by low rigidity and thickness of the polymer coating, this combination makes the roof vulnerable to mechanical defects. The biggest drawback is that the integrity of the metal tile is easily violated during the installation of the roof. If scratches on the surface are not detected in time, then corrosion will begin to corrode them.
The metal tile from the inside of the temperature difference begins to accumulate condensate. Because of this, the roof may become moldy or moldy. To prevent these processes, it is necessary to install a waterproofing membrane under the roof. It will also be important to make a ventilation gap and leave gaps in the overhangs of the roof structure.
High material consumption
If the roof is not straight, but has a complex structure, then when it is made out with metal, a lot of waste will be produced, about 30%. Because of this, owners need to take material with a margin, which leads to additional costs. There is also an important rule when installing such a roof: the minimum slope angle should be at least 12 degrees.
The metal tile is difficult to withstand low temperatures, it will be cold in the house in winter without additional insulation. There is also an alternative - the installation of snow bars, but again this is an additional cost. Such slats will ensure the retention of snow on the roof, and he, in turn, plays the role of natural insulation.
- Top 3 best laminate flooring manufacturers
- How to easily round drywall or plywood without incisions
- Why is marmoleum the best flooring?
- Which bath is better? Made of cast iron, steel or acrylic?
- How to choose a paint for the facade
- How to determine the optimal thickness of a quartz vinyl tile for a room
- How to calculate the amount of add-on for corrugated board and save
- How much will the full autonomy of the house cost
- What materials parquet does not last long
- What pipes for plumbing do not live long
- What signs indicate a fake building materials
- Why you should not replace the ondulin brand horse with a metal one
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen