The content of the article:
The current range of heating devices makes it possible to create comfortable conditions for people to stay in practically any premises and climatic conditions. Modern heaters use time-tested and completely new technologies that allow to save energy and maximally use the heat produced by the device.
One of the most economical among heaters is recognized as infrared devices used both in industrial facilities and in everyday life.
How does an infrared heater work?
The creators of infrared heaters borrowed the principle of the devices from the Sun. Infrared radiation raises the temperature background of those objects that occur in the path of the rays without heating the air. The temperature in the room is increased already thanks to the transfer of heat from furniture, furniture and other surfaces.
So are the sun's rays, a similar principle of work for infrared heaters. Since the room heats not air, but the furnishings, the material of the floor, walls and ceiling, the effect the use of the device is kept long enough, the atmosphere inside does not dry out, and the amount of oxygen does not fall. At the same time, energy savings in heating are on average 50%. But in order to maximize the efficiency of infrared heating, the power of the devices and their placement should be selected taking into account the height of the room, its area and other parameters.
If all calculations and installation are carried out correctly, then a minute later after the start-up of the device a comfortable atmosphere for the person is created. And heaters can serve as an excellent additional, and sometimes the main source of heat.
What are good IR heaters (video)
Advantages of infrared heaters
- Depending on the conditions of use and design of infrared heaters, using such equipment, you can save up to 80% of energy compared to thermal fans or appliances convection type.
- This is environmentally friendly, completely silent appliances.
- All infrared devices are compact, light and can be used both in premises for various purposes and outside closed spaces.
- Infrared heaters are ideal in cases where additional or temporary heating is required.
- The rate of warming up the room is much higher than when using other heaters of similar capacity.
- The quality of the heating is not affected by the heat leakage existing in the room, for example, drafts.
- Heaters do not affect the percentage of oxygen in the air and its humidity.
Minuses of infrared heaters
With a lot of positive characteristics, infrared heating devices have disadvantages:
- Firstly, some models of heaters require a more careful attitude, rather than unpretentious convection batteries or other structures. Here, the elements of the heater are better protected from falls, shocks or other influences.
- Secondly, infrared devices may not have the best effect on health, sometimes causing headaches, weakness and depression. We should not forget about a sufficiently strong glow of the device, so at night it is better to turn off such heaters.
Whatever the models of such heaters, the common in their design is the radiator, which is the source of infrared rays. In this case, the devices can differ in the range of radiation used by the source of energy, power and other characteristics.
Such designs are most often used in everyday life. They are compact, reliable and easy to use. In such a ceiling, floor or wall heater, the infrared radiator is heated by electricity, but the material for such a heating element may be different.
- Ceramic heaters are named after the heating element, which is used The resistive cable enclosed in the ceramic case, which does not conduct a current, but does not interfere with the propagation of the infrared radiation. Such devices are extremely diverse in design and design and are often used in everyday life.
- Carbon infrared heaters are more economical than ceramic ones. Here the role of the radiator is played by a carbon or carbon fiber in a vacuum quartz tube. In addition to the heating effect, special models of such devices can be used by physicians as therapeutic devices.
- Flat film infrared heaters harmoniously fit into residential and office interiors, as they often mimic decorative panels. And miniature heating elements are mounted on a special heat-resistant film with a printed pattern. When buying such a device, it is important to remember that the film coating is heated to 75 ° C, which means that the device should be located outside the access zone of family members or pets.
The models of industrial and street infrared gas heaters are characterized by a higher thermal output than electrical appliances. This explains their frequent use in large premises, for example, in workshops, warehouses and hangars, and also in large sports or entertainment facilities, where the ceiling height can reach up to 15 meters. As fuel, such devices consume different types of gas from natural to coke.
There are interesting varieties of infrared heaters on gas that can be used outdoors. Such "thermal umbrellas" are ideal for a comfortable pastime on an open veranda or terrace.
Video review of the gas infrared heater Aeroheat IG 2000
On liquid fuel
These models, running on kerosene or diesel fuel, can be seen at industrial sites and construction sites. As a rule, very powerful, compact and easily movable devices are used not only for heating, but also in technological processes. An example of this is the drying of raw materials in woodworking industries or installation of tension ceilings.
Classification by wavelength
IR heaters are also classified according to the length of the radiated waves:
- Shortwave heaters are easily recognized when turned on. They radiate well visible to the human eye rays and are related to light type instruments. The wavelength ranges from 4 to, um, which gives a powerful heating. The temperature of the radiator reaches 800 ° C, which is higher than that of other types of devices. Such devices are used at large production facilities, and in open areas, and in residential buildings.
- Medium-wave heaters, called gray, emit waves from, up to 50 microns. The radiating element is heated to 600 degrees, and the devices for the power of heat flow and the price refer to the middle class. These types of infrared heaters are truly universal and can be used in production, in the home and even outside the walls of the house.
- Long-wave heaters are sources of waves in the range from 50 to 1000 microns, which the human eye can not fix. Therefore, such devices are called dark. The temperature of the heating element here reaches 300 ° C, the flow of heat from such a device is not so intensive, as in the case of light or gray devices, but also the cost of a heater of this type much lower. The device is suitable for closed small rooms, and in street conditions is inefficient.
The assortment of heating devices of different designs is extremely wide today. Therefore, before choosing an infrared heater, you should understand the criteria for this choice.
- The main criterion is the capacity of the heater, which is calculated based on the parameters of the room and the presence of other heat sources.
- For small, for example, residential premises it is better to purchase electric heaters.
- Floor models are often more powerful than wall or ceiling units.
- For holiday homes, where electricity is not always stable, choose systems on liquefied gas.
- Gas-powered instruments can be equipped with cylinders of different capacities.
- Household appliances can be equipped with convenient thermostats, control panels and automation, allowing you to set a comfortable mode of using the device.
Design and installation features
Since the heaters are infrared electric household according to the consumers are fairly recognized the most ergonomic and innovative devices, but not so popular as oil or convection devices. Therefore, the desire of manufacturers to make the use of infrared devices as convenient as possible, and the devices themselves are stylish and technologically understandable.
Infrared heating equipment can, and sometimes even is recommended, mounted on the ceiling or walls. At the same time, the construction of fasteners for ceiling infra-red heaters for home and dacha makes it possible not to hang instruments on special brackets, heaters can be embedded in the ceiling lining.
Portable heaters are equipped with tripods to adjust the comfort height of the device. Often in the complete set of such models there are supports and castors for fast moving of the device from one premise in another. The desired temperature can be set by means of the remote control, which is especially important for the ceiling mounting of the device. If the heater is stationary, it is better to prefer a model with a choice of temperature conditions, equipped with an external thermostat.