In Soviet times, the pipes laid in the bathroom and the wiring were metal or cast iron (drain from the bathroom). There was no wiring as such - hot here, cold there, draining down... Today, the pipe system in the bathroom much more complicated and this is due to the possible connection of a washing machine, water heater (flow or cumulative).
At first glance, it may seem that by hiding the pipe system and their connections in the screed, the owner will get rid of many problems. Yes, it looks beautiful, dust and dirt do not collect between the pipes, they do not get wet (condensation does not accumulate on them). At the end of the whole floor, you can tile or make a jellied floor. But this should not be done for the following reasons:
- In the event of a leak, the owner learns about the depressurization of pipes or drain only then, when the neighbors from below start knocking on the door. Not the fact that someone at this time will be in the apartment. The owners can be away, at the cottage or on vacation. When the wiring is visible and accessible, any leakage or even instillation will immediately attract attention.
- In the bathroom and shower, in the drain, there is a water barrier that prevents the penetration of odors from the sewage system, garbage accumulates in it. Everyone who cleaned these devices knows what only doesn’t get there - from buttons and shoelaces to gold rings and earrings. In the event that the drain is in the screed, and this may be hired by wage-master craftsmen, its service is impossible.
- If the owner does not perform the installation himself, then it is impossible to assess the quality of work in the screed, as well as to find out what the performer put, what materials he used and how he connected the parts.
- In order to add new household appliances and equipment - an additional washing machine, bathtub or shower will have to open the floor.
- In order to repair the wiring, a hidden screed will have to open the floor, which will take at least a day. At times, the cost of repair and the time to complete it increase. If only one joint is leaking, it is enough small and cheap repair, which can be completed in an hour without blocking the water. If the wiring is hidden by a screed, it will be necessary to open it and completely replace the entire system. Here you can not do without a sledgehammer, chisel or even a jackhammer. Where will the owners bathe and wash things all the time?
The fact that repairs in the very near future may be required by the owners is better not to doubt. Poor water quality leads to clogging of pipelines. The growths at the joints can reduce the clearance of the pipe, up to its complete obstruction. And the quality of the material for pipes and their joints leaves much to be desired.
- How to develop an exclusive interior?
- When is it better not to glue paper wallpapers?
- How to glue ceiling tiles without errors
- 5 signs of poor-quality ceramic tiles, which are important to know before buying
- The basic principles of choosing an apartment in the secondary market
- Where the ellipse brickwork will stand for a long time
- Parquet wax: types and rules of coating
- How to get rid of construction waste and not break the law
- The main thing about soundproofing houses
- How to remove material glued with liquid nails
- Which substrate is not recommended for laying under the laminate
- How to choose the right bedroom furniture
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen