- 1 Cheap DIY LCD TV Mount
- 2 Choosing a place for the TV
- 3 Quick installation of the TV on the wall
After buying a modern widescreen TV, the question arises, but how is it to hang it? Good TV mounts are very expensive, and cheap options are too uncomfortable and look ugly. We suggest that you make your own fastening yourself, which will be cheap and convenient, but will require a little extra time. First you need to determine the location of the TV, take the necessary measurements and only then proceed with the installation.
Cheap DIY LCD TV Mount
The simplest and cheapest TV mount can be an ordinary rail used in furniture, especially for mounting wall cabinets or shelves. The price of such a rail often does not exceed $ 5 and often it turns out to be much better than special mounts, in particular due to the fact that the TV will be fixed right on the wall surface. First of all, decide on the installation location of the TV, here special attention should be paid to the height at which the device will be fixed.
Choosing a place for the TV
You need to choose a place for the TV, starting from not only your desires, you must additionally take into account the following important factors:
- The power cable from the TV must reach the outlet, otherwise you will have to buy an adapter or install a new outlet;
- Try to arrange the TV so that there is as much free space around it as possible, so you will minimize the probability of its accidental damage and, if necessary, you can easily place other devices near it;
- Do not place the TV next to a tap, cooler, stove or other objects that are somehow designed to hold liquids;
- It is not recommended to install the TV over a bed or other furniture, as it can damage your health;
- The height must be selected depending on the diagonal, often the TV is placed at eye level, so that it is convenient to watch it while sitting and lying. Do not forget about the angles, look at the angular limitations of your TV and do not exceed them, otherwise instead of a picture you will see a black screen;
- The sun's rays should not fall on the surface of the screen, otherwise glare will occur from time to time, because of which it is difficult to see the picture.
We prepare tools for installing a TV:
- Electric drill;
- Twisting dowel-nail or anchor for greater strength;
- A rail that serves as a bracket;
- Bolts that come with the TV or your own;
- Ruler with level, building tape measure;
- The rail needs to be selected, given the weight of the TV. For a TV with a large diagonal, you need a large rail.
Quick installation of the TV on the wall
We take the bolts and with their help we connect the TV to the rail, we take measurements for the holes. Before you drill holes, you need to think everything over again and re-conduct accurate measurements. We apply the rail to the wall at the desired height and level it with the help of a level.
After that, draw the places where you want to make holes and drill small holes in the wall with a puncher or electric drill. We fasten the rail to the wall by screwing into the holes of the dowel-nails or metal anchors.
It’s better to call someone else to install the TV, because otherwise you can drop it on the floor or hurt your back, especially for TVs with a diagonal of more than 26 inches. One person should hold the main weight of the TV, and the other should hold and direct in the right direction.
Make sure that the grooves of the rails come together, if you did everything correctly, the TV will be well fixed. Now you can start watching your favorite TV shows or surfing the network, if such a function is present on your device.
- DIY puffs
- Do-it-yourself restoration of old chairs
- How to sew a beautiful decorative pillow?
- 4 ways to add comfort to the room
- How to create a waterfall indoors?
- How to create a beautiful Moorish lawn
- Parquet wax: types and rules of coating
- Options for finishing facades of houses from aerated concrete blocks
- How to make reliable wallpaper glue
- How to make modular pictures from the remains of wallpaper
- Do-it-yourself rug from T-shirts
- Features of facade plaster for foam
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen