The content of the article:
Door accordion - ideal for zoning of spacious and small rooms. It includes several panels that are easy to fold. Therefore, the design can be used in a one-room apartment. But before installing such doors, it is necessary to study the available configurations and fineness of the mechanism.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the door accordion
Every year, folding doors are becoming more popular. They are completed by country houses and apartments, office and subsidiary premises. This is because folding structures have the following advantages:
- Possibility of saving space. They can be folded at any time, so they practically do not occupy a useful area.
- A simple mechanism. The composition of the doors of the accordion includes panels, fasteners and guiding profiles. You can collect them yourself. Need for the use of building materials and finishing works there.
- Versatility. There are no restrictions on the number of panels. The only thing to be guided by is the ease of operation. After all, too cumbersome designs difficult to use.
Among the shortcomings that are inherent in the door accordion, highlight:
- Low level of noise insulation.
- Short use. This is due to the fact that the structure includes movable parts, which wear out due to frequent use.
- The need for frequent repairs. Folding mechanisms are periodically jammed. Most often this happens if too large dimensions of the interior door of the accordion are chosen.
To operate folding doors longer, you must carefully select the model.
The system of folding doors includes a set of lamellas, presented in the form of a leaf or with glass inserts, guiding profiles and hinges. To simplify the process of moving into the composition, rollers are placed, which are located on the extreme flaps. They move along the profiles at the time of opening and folding the structure. Rollers are supplemented with bearings from quality raw materials. Therefore, the process of opening and closing is completely silent.
Varieties of folding doors
Folding interior doors are classified according to two parameters:
- materials used for manufacturing;
For the manufacture of folding structures use wood, hardened glass and plastic. Each option has its own characteristics and strengths.
Door accordion made of wood
Demand for wooden doors accordion is high, as the designs differ in reliability and duration of use. All elements of wood are treated with impregnations and chemicals. The hinges included in the composition are made of alloys having a certain margin of safety. Do not provoke deformation of elements from wood and temperature fluctuations.
Before installing the folding structures of wood in the kitchen, you need to check the degree of their protection. If the main elements are treated with a poor-quality composition, then under the influence of moisture they will begin to deform.
Plastic bellows door
Constant loading on the panel made of plastic helps to reduce the period of use. With moderate operation, the period of service of the plastic doors of the accordion reaches 10-12 months. The main advantage of such a design is cheapness. Plastic folding doors can be used as partitions.
Door accordion made of glass
To make the basis for the door accordion folding glass is used infrequently, because its integrity is easily broken. The cost of glass models is several times greater than the cost of analogues made of wood or plastic. To reduce costs, manufacturers combine glass with other materials, which also contributes to the hardening of the structure. Glass doors are decorated using special films, varnishes or sandblasting equipment.
Features of model selection
Since the range of folding doors is huge, it is sometimes difficult to navigate. You can simplify the process if you follow the following rules when selecting a model:
- You should not choose cheap models, because for their manufacture use poor-quality raw materials and fragile components. Such products quickly fail.
- Installation of the accordion door in the opening, the width of which is 50-60 cm, is not performed. The design will prevent movement from one room to another.
- For wide openings, you should choose products for the preparation of which several materials are used. A common combination is wood and glass. Such designs are of low weight. Therefore, they are easier to use.
- Before acquiring a certain model, the opening is measured and the appropriate number of slats, the length of the guide profile and the number of fasteners are determined.
- Products made of glass or with glass inserts are checked for chips and microcracks. The presence of such defects contributes to a shortening of the service life.
Stages of installation of the accordion door
Before you assemble the door accordion, you need to check the equipment. The following elements should be available:
- Guide profile (their number depends on the chosen model of the door).
- adjustment key.
Manufacturers do not include clypees in the kit, so they should be purchased immediately.
Before you buy a door accordion, you need to make measurements. This will give an opportunity to purchase a model with the required characteristics.
Installation of the folding interior door consists of several stages. It is important to observe their order.
- Preparation and fixing of the guide. If necessary, prepare additional holes for fasteners. The distance between the holes should be 25-30 cm.
- Installing the panels. On one side, the guide profile is complemented by a latch on which the end of the panel and the roller are wound. Then fix the guide.
- Assembling the door leaf. To connect the structure together, on the panels form holes and install fastening loops in them. The lamellas are arranged in the order in which they will be installed. For simplicity, the first and last panel is marked. The distance between panels should be 3-4 mm. Before installing the fasteners, check the mechanism for the accordion door again to eliminate the displacement.
- Installation of the fabric. The panels assembled in the form of an accordion are folded and placed in the grooves of the guide. It is necessary to check and correct their position. This process is carried out using an adjusting key.
After installation, the roller mechanism for the accordion doors is checked. If necessary, dismantle, correct mistakes and re-fix the door leaf.
During installation of the door leaf, it is necessary to be guided not only by general recommendations. Each model is accompanied by an instruction in which manufacturers detail the process of assembly, fastening and installation.