The content of the article:
Than to trim the balcony from the outside and inside. Is it possible to use the same materials in this case. The article gives recommendations on the use of different materials for the lining of the inner part of the balcony and the outside. The question is considered, the better to trim the balcony with plastic or wood. Many will be interested in the recommendations of specialists.
Requirements for finishing the balcony from the inside
We will outline, perhaps, the main requirements that occur most often:
- Durability. I do not want to do some cosmetic repairs every three years. It is advisable 10 years not to return to this issue.
- Materials for plating the inner side of the balcony should be practical: do not absorb dirt like a sponge and wash easily.
- After the arrangement of the balcony, it should not turn into a cemetery of used and unnecessary things. Its purpose is to expand the recreation area for all family members.
- Not the last place is the attractiveness of the internal space of the uninhabited zone.
- Installation of structures should be easy and affordable for independent work.
- The ability to quickly replace the damaged area.
Often in the first place when choosing the material put its value. Proceeding from this, choose the types of decoration. Gathering together all the requirements, then we will find out what is the balcony inside, we will consider the most acceptable methods of installation.
Interior paneling of the balcony with a tree
In their majority, many prefer to use environmentally friendly material - wood.
The most common materials in this class are the lining and the lining. The balcony, trimmed with wood, is attractive, easy to install, practical and maintainable.
The material imitating a curb, block house is gaining popularity. There are examples of sheltering the internal non-residential space with a terrace or an ordinary planed board.
The purchased natural wood must be dry. Otherwise, after installation, it may lead, which will inevitably lead to the alteration of the installed structure.
When choosing this or that material, you need to remember that there is a difference in the fastening. So for fixing the lining and its subspecies a lock is used: a stud-groove. This is an excellent version of the fastening without leaving cracks.
Using the material in question, we get a long-lasting design that, if properly maintained, will last for several decades.
Once every three years, update the protective coating of the material. If this process is ignored, the wood will lose its attractiveness over time and may even collapse.
Depending on what type of material was involved, we can talk about its practicality. It is important to choose the product already covered with a protective film of dirt. It can be a varnish or a polymeric material.In this case, the maintenance of the fiber-reinforced structure will be easy. If there is no protection, there will be a problem: dirt may appear, which is difficult to remove.
In terms of attractiveness, not every material can compete with wood. Considering wood from the point of view of installation, it can not be said that the process will take a minimum of time, but the work is not considered difficult. It is necessary at the initial stage to assemble the frame (crate), then attach the plates to it. Wood and its components are considered suitable for subsequent repairs. The structure can be easily disassembled and easily assembled if necessary.
In regions where wood is expensive, craftsmen prefer to use a lining or euro / material as working material. But there are other products suitable for the interior of a non-residential area.
The use of plastic for the cladding of the inside of the balcony
Thinking about the best way to trim the balcony inside, pay attention to the PVC plastic panels, which are available in a wide range in the retail chain. They are produced in different widths and are joined as a lining: a similar type of lock is used. Plastic panels do not have a seam. The consumer is presented with a choice of colors and patterns. Speaking about the requirements for the material in question, its durability should be noted. The operational period of PVC is from 8 to 10 years. It is easy to take care of. It is enough to wash with soap and water and wipe with a sponge or a cloth. When decorating a balcony with plastic material, it will always look attractive, the design can be in any style and in a variety of colors.
The assembly of the structure is simple, analogous to the fastening of the lining. A frame is installed, to which panels are nailed. When replacing one of the plots there will be no problems. There is the same replacement scheme as with the lining.
It is necessary to stock up with a repair kit. If you buy new material, then there may be a discrepancy in color.
Experts recommend not to discard the plastic after repair, but leave a certain margin to replace the problem area in the future. The lining has one significant drawback: it can easily be broken.
An unequivocal answer to the question is what is best for the balcony of MDF or PVC does not exist. If finance allows, and natural material for you is more attractive, you can choose your choice on the lining. If you want to get a neat trim and spend a minimum of time, it's best to use the PVC panels.
There are several types of panels made of MDF (wood-fiber plates). These are flat structures covered with polymer, embossed elements with printed pattern and panels with wood veneer.
MDF, as a material for covering the balcony inside has a number of positive properties:
- simplicity of installation;
- ease of maintenance;
- for the arrangement, there is no need for preliminary preparation;
- if desired, the balcony can be insulated by laying under the construction of heat-insulating material;
- a large selection of textures and colors.
Among the shortcomings is the low resistance of the material to moisture. Therefore, it is possible to cover an uninhabited MDF zone, if it is heated.
Modern plasterboard material
In recent years it has become a tradition to use gypsum board not only for repair inside a dwelling, but also to equip non-residential areas.
Work with this material for wall leveling involves a "wet process" and finish (plaster), which not all are qualitative. There are a number of requirements for finishing, which include:
- Durability. The design can last from 7 to 10 years. The question of a perfectly flat surface is important when using plasterboard. It is interesting that you can regularly change the color of the finished product, periodically paint the material we are considering. Many consider this a disadvantage.
- Practicality. A high-quality paint can be periodically wiped with a damp sponge.
- Attractiveness. The paneling of the balcony with gypsum board is an average level of repair. Using gypsum cardboard you can create an interesting and unique design and / or absolutely neutral surface: there would be a desire.
- Ease of installation. The design is easy to assemble: the reception of the frame base. The only thing that delays the process is the plastering of the working surface.
- On the possibility of repair a few words. Repair is not as simple as using previously described materials. Recover the updated part. But everything can be corrected if desired and the availability of material.
The use of ceramic tiles to equip the interior of a non-residential area
Than to coat the balcony from the inside? Many prefer a facing tile, considering it a reliable and durable material. With this it is difficult not to agree. It is important that the tile can be laid in a heated and not heated zone.
When choosing a tile, pay attention to its type. This can be a normal or frost-resistant product.
The positive properties of the facing tiles include:
- Stable resistance to moisture and swings t.
- A wide range of textures and colors.
- The material is fireproof.
- To it there are no claims in terms of ecology.
In terms of shortcomings, you can talk about high cost. Therefore, the tile, for the most part, is used for finishing the floor of a non-living zone, less often it is covered with walls, which must be pre-prepared. Than to sew a balcony from the inside, what materials still approach? As an option, you can use a sandwich panel.
Using sandwich panels for interior decoration of the balcony
By arranging a loggia and / or a balcony, there are options for using sandwich panels as a finishing material. This is a structure consisting of two panels of PVC, between which is the thermal insulation layer. A number of positive properties can be distinguished:
- High thermal insulation qualities.
- Resistance to damage: mechanical action.
- The product perfectly copes with moisture and is resistant to changes in t.
- Under direct sunlight, the panels do not burn out.
There are drawbacks, which need to be discussed and taken into account:
- The high price of the material.
- Problems with installation in a confined space. After all, the dimensions of sandwich panels are 3x, meter.
A little about other materials
Today, many are attracted to exotics. Balconies are lined with bamboo, cork, mat.In the arrangement you can use a braid. But the use of these materials is associated with the leveling of the walls with plaster. And this is sputum, dirt, which is not to everyone's liking. But you can not do without it. When the surface is flat and dry, it is planted with finishing elements, using glue for this.Designing a non-residential area with bamboo or cork material can be considered an unconventional solution for most of our regions. But, in its final form, the balcony looks 100% perfect: it's a beauty and not a stereotyped decision.
Having figured out how to decorate the balcony inside, and what materials are most suitable for this, you can go to the question of the works from the outside of the protruding structure.
Than a balcony from the outside
The better to trim the balcony outside, what materials are traditionally used? Today, the siding panels are actively used for facing the balcony from the outside. The material is considered durable and quickly mounted. They often process a non-residential area inside. It is relevant for open spaces and unheated areas. What attracts vinyl siding, what are the positive qualities of the product can be distinguished? It:
- Possibility of active opposition to any kinds of negative atmospheric influences.
- There is a wide range of all kinds of shades and combinations.
- No claims in terms of ecology.
- The construction can also be insulated.
- With this material you can work all year round. There are no limitations and separate recommendations for its installation.
- The technology of plating is very simple.
- In the finished structure, the damaged elements are easily replaced.
It is important that the material has practically no disadvantages. The only thing that needs to be paid attention is the high cost of the working material.And the possibility of replacing it is a cheaper option: plastic panels.
Treatment of the facade with wood
Houses can be built of wood, so why not use this material to finish the balcony facade? The facade of Buden look attractive, but you should know that the wood requires regular maintenance. Otherwise, after a while, the shine will go away.
Only an unpresentable appearance will remain. Therefore, during installation, wood should be treated with antiseptic and other compounds for outdoor work.
Processing of wooden structures is carried out immediately before installation. It is important to pay special attention to the processing of the ends of sawn-off boards.
And if the balcony without glazing, what materials are suitable
Immediately specify that the non-glazed part is subjected to the same negative attacks as the facade of the building. Therefore, when choosing a material, it is necessary to focus on materials that are traditionally used for exterior decoration of a house. It can be:
- Vinyl siding, either socle or metal version.
- Decorative stone is often used.
- There are options for processing ceramics or granite.
- The traditional version is used: plaster on the outside of the building.
- Many are attracted to the facade treatment with an environmentally friendly product - wood.
- It is possible to decorate the balcony from the outside with a ceramic frost-resistant tile.
Today in favor polycarbonate, which in combination with the forged balcony fence looks rich and attractive. On such a balcony you must always observe the ideal order.
It remains an open question, what to do with the ceiling of the balcony and the floor
It is considered to be the most acceptable option, to use the material with which the walls are faced. You can make a ceiling from gypsum board. We must understand that this is a glazed part of the uninhabited zone. If the balcony or balcony is not glazed, most often the ceiling is covered with siding. Its attractiveness in low price and ease of installation. Considering the options for flooring specific recommendations, there is no.It can be traditional wood, tiles. Today, many people, wondering, than to close the bottom of the balcony are increasingly using porcelain stoneware.The material is durable, easy to assemble. Processing does not take much time and effort. Everything depends on the taste of the client, his desire and financial possibilities.
Now we know how inexpensively to trim the balcony from the outside, as well as inside and get a high final result.
So, the arrangement of a balcony on a turn-key basis can be divided into two components:
- internal works;
- arrangement of the outside of the balcony.
We figured out the better to trim the balcony with plastic or wood. Distinctions of furnish MDF from PVC have found out. It should be understood that the described options are only a small part of the materials used. Therefore, we have a wide field of activity where you can combine and create your own style.