In ancient times, the mirror was considered a source of energy. It was often used for rituals, since it was believed that it was a portal to another world. And all the rituals were performed at night. Superstitions regarding mirrors have survived to this day. Many people discover strange phenomena associated with this subject of decoration.
Bed opposite the mirror: reality or superstition
The content of the article
- Bed opposite the mirror: reality or superstition
- Signs related to the reflection of a person in a dream
- Why can’t you sleep in front of a mirror in Feng Shui?
Many believe that there is some kind of magical power in the mirrors. This has caused superstitions when mirrors break, crack, or about their location in the house. There are 4 reasons why you can not put a mirror in front of the bed:
- The reflection of the owner of the apartment violates the atmosphere of the room and does not allow a person to relax.
- Many people think that on the other side of the mirror outsiders are watching us.
- The mirror greatly increases energy. And excessive accumulation of energy leads to problems associated with family life.
- If a person wakes up and sees a reflection in the mirror, he may be afraid.
Signs related to the reflection of a person in a dream
There are many interpretations that you can not sleep at the mirror. Let's describe the main ones:
- According to mystical interpretations, a mirror is considered a portal to another world. There is no light in the room at night, which means that the portal is energized and can open.
- There is an opinion that the astral soul lives inside the mirror. And during sleep, our soul leaves the body. The astral is capable of capturing the body while ours is absent. And returning is almost impossible.
- The bedroom should have an atmosphere of personal space. A mirror doubles the number of all people indoors.
- If the mirror has a rich history, everything that happened next to it may dream of you in nightmares. For example, scenes of murders or quarrels.
- If a person constantly sleeps alone, he becomes lonely twice as much. And if a married couple sleeps, the mirror provokes the appearance of new people in their lives, which can become an obstacle for spouses.
Attention! If you hang the mirror in another room or close it at night, you can safely use the accessory.
Why can’t you sleep in front of a mirror in Feng Shui?
In general, Feng Shui favors the use of mirrors in the bedroom. Such rooms are always small, and the mirror helps to visually enlarge the room and is the subject of decoration. This allows you to multiply the positive energy that is in the house and accumulate it in the bedroom - a place where a person is for a long period of time (all night). But here there are two contradictions:
- If there is positive energy, then there is negative. And it can badly affect a person’s well-being. Therefore, the mirror should not be placed in the bedroom.
- The bedroom is a place where a person relaxes and rests. And for this, energy is not needed. Oversupply can cause insomnia.
It is impossible to say whether to believe in superstition or not. On the one hand, there is no evidence that the mirror really negatively affects a person. On the other hand, if there is superstition, then there is their source, that is, someone really faced similar problems. Therefore, it is recommended not to sleep by the mirror.