The content of the article:
To get a good harvest from the vineyard, you need to give him a decent amount of free time, because this culture loves regular care. However, it often happens that healthy shrubs in the spring during the fruiting period become very sad - even large bunches gradually wither and dry up.
The reasons why the grape brush dry, there may be many, but the most common of them can include:
- defeat of bushes with fungal diseases;
- mistakes in care.
Diseases in which grapes dry
The most dangerous cause of the drying of grapes are diseases caused by fungi. The following losses can lead to a mass loss of crops:
- Mildew. To process bushes with copper-containing preparations (Quadrice, Ridomil Gold). For the prevention of seedlings, it is necessary to have a spacious and timely cut.
- Anthraxis. Flourishes on rainy and hot summer days. Spray the grapes with copper sulfate, and two weeks later - Previcur or Fundazolum.
- Verticellosis. Complete recovery schemes do not exist yet, but to prevent the spread of the disease you need to once a month to process the vineyard with fungicides (copper oxychloride, Fundazol, copper sulfate), while simultaneously introducing them into the soil. For preventive maintenance it is necessary to distribute the load correctly by harvesting, to avoid overmoistening and overfeeding with nitrogen.
Errors in care
Drying grapes can even in the absence of diseases. Often, the loss of harvest leads to the wrong actions of gardeners, such as:
- Persevering. Although shrubs are not recommended for watering during ripening, but in hot and dry summers, a couple of buckets of water will help to avoid reducing the size of berries and their subsequent drying. The main thing is not to overdo it, especially during the rainy season, because the increased humidity leads to similar consequences.
- No load adjustment. If the bush has formed many brushes, it is necessary to remove some of them, especially for young plants. Otherwise, the grapes simply do not have enough strength to "pull out" the entire crop and it will dry up.
- Lack of support. A prerequisite for growing grapes is the creation of a support for the bush. If it is not, then the bunches may bend under the weight of berries, and then the redistribution of nutrients and moisture across the entire brush is violated, as a result of which it dries up in part.
If the bush grows on the southern side of the site, direct sunlight can cause a cluster of burns. To avoid this situation, experienced gardeners do not completely remove the stepson where the brushes formed on the vine, so that they protect them from the sun.