The content of the article:
Flowers of buttercup or Ranunculus are plants that belong to the genus of herbaceous cultures. In the people they are often called "night blindness a jelly. Differing bushes are caustic juice, which makes all parts of the flower poisonous. The main place of growth of these wonderful plants are swampy terrain or water reservoirs. How to look buttercups and their main types, you can see in the photo in this article.
Flowers of the buttercup: a description of the plant
The plant belongs to the family Lyutikov. In nature, there are several varieties of this culture, which differ not only in appearance, but also in their habitat. To learn this plant among other herbs is not difficult. They differ in their flowers, which grow up to 10 centimeters in diameter and have a simple, double or semi-double look.
The leaves of the buttercups are saturated with a green hue, and in some varieties - with a sizzling tint. Those plates that are at the top are tripartite. They are very closely planted to the stem. The lower foliage is dentate-divided and consists of five parts. They are fastened on long petioles of a green shade.
The plant blooms colorfully. Depending on the variety, the shade of the buds can be different. Often petals acquire white, yellow, red, purple and salmon tone. The first flowers can be seen in June. The flowering process lasts about thirty days. In cut form, they please with their appearance for a week.
If you decide to plant this plant on your site, you should first weigh the pros and cons. This is due to the fact that buttercup is a poisonous plant. If adults follow the security measures will be simple, then with the kids everything is much more complicated.
Buttercups - the best opportunity to make life colorful
Depending on the meadow buttercup, decorative species are characterized by incredible beauty. The uniqueness of such flowers is a variety of shades of buds and their shape. In the disclosed form they look like small roses.
In order for ornamental buttercups to develop well on the site, it is necessary to select the right soil.
Main types of buttercups:
- "Masha" or buttercup is terry. It is a hybrid that can be found on the territory of almost every gardener. The plant is distinguished by the flowers of foamy form. They have a small diameter and can be of different shades. Buttercup mache, which is indicated in the photo, has a small height. Its ground part is very neat and compact. Due to its parameters, the flower is often used to create an interesting design, as well as a curb decoration.
- "Corrosive" or meadow. This variety is impressive in size. Its stems grow to 50 centimeters high. Buttercup is acrid, which in the photo, can be all shades of yellow. The leaves are bright. The lower plates are attached to long petioles. As for the upper plates, they are sessile with small jagged lobes. Among the many varieties, the most popular is the "Gold Rose".
- "Swamp" or buttercup yellow "frog grass". This is a perennial view with pale-green leaves. Flowers unimpressive. Buds in loose form acquire a white and yellow shade. Buttercup has a thin and bare stem. Its height does not exceed 30 centimeters. The plant grows on the banks of rivers, swamps and streams.
- "Field". Often a similar plant is called wildcat. The bushes perfectly develop on moderately acidic and waterlogged lands. This is the most common culture, which can be found almost everywhere. Buttercup field differs individual flowers. They can have a yellow or golden hue. Leaves are unusual. A distinctive feature of the plates is a deep dissection. Stems branched and erect. An adult plant can grow up to 50 centimeters high.
Also very popular are buttercups mix. This species is distinguished by buds of different shades. Depending on the variety, the bush can grow from 20 to 25 centimeters in height. It is a compact flower that fits perfectly into any landscape design.
Flowers of buttercups and their medicinal properties
Despite its venom, the Ranunculus has a number of positive qualities. Lyutik grass is a medicinal plant. With the right reception, you can cure many diseases. Similar properties are possessed by most species of this culture, but especially it concerns the buttercup meadow, indicated in the photo.
Therapeutic properties of the plant:
- activates the work of the nervous system;
- increases immunity;
- increases the volume of erythrocytes in the blood;
- removes dangerous bacteria;
- liquefies blood.
Also it should be noted Buttercup Road. In the composition of its leaves there are substances that can slow down the development of cancer cells and saturate the body with vitamin PP.
In addition to coumarin, the plant is rich in saponins and flavonoids. These are substances that promote the excretion of phlegm. Infusions of grass help to cope with high blood pressure, and also remove heat and remove free radicals from the body.
Seeds of buttercups of the Dutch do not get wet and do not sink in the water. This is due to the presence of villi throughout their surface.
Very often in folk medicine, leaf juice is used to treat skin diseases. Particularly good liquid cope with the itch mite. Also, a weak solution is prescribed for washing barley and purulent wounds.
Care of decorative species
To perennial garden buttercups for many years to decorate the site, you need to follow certain rules of care. Only in this way can the territory be radically transformed.
Buttercups garden that in the photo, badly bloom under direct sunlight.
Place of planting
These are photophilous and heat-loving plants. The best place to plant is the area protected from the wind. Before carrying out this procedure, it should be remembered that any of the species of buttercups does not tolerate a change of soil.
For those who wish to decorate their site with these amazing flowers, the tubers should be bought in March. They need to be planted only after the cold. Before outdoor temperature rises above 20 ° C, planting material should be kept in a well-ventilated area, but not outdoors.
Plant firecrackers burning and other varieties, it is recommended near the trees or where there are buildings. This will protect them from direct sunlight.
Watering and loosening of the soil
Irrigate the herb often, but not severely. If the soil is waterlogged, the root system may begin to rot on the bush, which is very dangerous. On rainy days, when precipitation does not stop for several days, it is recommended to cover the plants with polyethylene, and watering is completely reduced. Also, do not irrigate the grass during the flowering period.
If you want the bushes of white buttercups and other species to be beautiful and healthy, you should periodically loosen the soil around them. This procedure will allow the flowers to receive the required amount of oxygen. Also constant cleaning of the territory from dry leaves and weeds will help to protect buttercups from waterlogging.
Top dressing and pruning
To get abundant flowering, you need to make fertilizing twice a month. It is especially important to carry out the procedure during the development of seedlings, as well as during the formation of deciduous plates. It is best to use drugs with a high content of nitrogen. Such mixtures will help stimulate the growth of the stem and the amount of green mass.
During the rapid flowering, you should constantly cut dry buds and damaged leaves. If you clean the bush on time, you can keep its beautiful appearance and abundant flowering until the end of August.
Preparation for winter
Buttercups belong to the group of those flowers that need an annual digging. The procedure should be done immediately after the leaves and stems dry. Obtain the tubers from the soil and place for 30 minutes in a foundation solution. This is necessary in order to destroy all the bacteria and microbes that are present on the surface of the rhizome. Then the tubers are well dried and put in a paper bag. Keep planting material in a room that is well ventilated.
Knowing what buttercups are and how they look, you can grow a beautiful and incredibly tender plant. A variety of shades and unique forms of buds, will become a real decoration of any flowerbed and country plot.