The content of the article:
Strong healthy seedlings - the guarantee of a good harvest of tomatoes and pepper. To get qualitative shoots, fertilizers begin to make even at the initial stage of their development. Despite the large selection of drugs, many gardeners prefer to use popular methods for this purpose. One of them is the fertilizing of seedlings of tomatoes and peppers with iodine and yeast.
Advantages of iodine-yeast dressings
Perhaps one of the main advantages of using iodine and yeast is the availability of ingredients. After all, in every house must be found in the medicine cabinet - iodine, and in the kitchen - yeast. In addition, vegetables, fertilized with organic, have never been harmful when they are used.
What is their effect on the seedlings? As a result of yeast dressings:
- The seedling of pepper and tomato grows faster, and the young bushes planted on the bed more actively form a green mass;
- develops a powerful root system;
- seedlings easily tolerate picking and quickly take root in the garden;
- drought resistance increases;
- cultures are more tolerant of the effects of excessive moisture;
- strengthened immunity to various diseases.
Treatment of fungal affected seedlings with iodine solution will prevent further spread of the disease. In addition, iodine helps to increase the number of fruits on the bush and accelerates their maturation.
Fertilizing seedlings with yeast solution
To prepare a yeast fertilizer, make a concentrated solution, which is then diluted with water and watered them with seedlings. You can use both fresh and dry baker's yeast:
- Dissolve 200 g of fresh yeast in a liter of warm water and let it brew for 3 hours. Before use dilute in the proportion: 0.
- Two packets of dry yeast pour into a bucket of water (warm), add 1/3 tbsp. Sahara. To sustain about an hour. For root dressings, 1 part of the solution is diluted in 5 parts of warm water.
Since the yeast promotes the washing out of the calcium from the soil, the ash must first be added to the root of the seedlings or added directly to the solution.
Fertilizing seedlings with iodine solution
For the prevention and treatment of diseases, pepper and tomato seedlings are watered with a small amount of iodine (2 drops per 1 liter). Some gardeners recommend adding another 100 ml of serum.
It is also good to use iodine in combination with mineral fertilizers. To prepare top dressing in a bucket of water, dissolve 10 g of iodine, 10 g of phosphorus and 20 g of potassium. With a solution, water the pepper and tomato seedlings once every two weeks.