The content of the article:
To prepare for the cold, it is important to use all the variety of vitamins and healthy foods that we have been given dachas. Pumpkin juice with orange for the winter is a tasty and healthy drink that will remind you on long winter evenings with its color about warm bright summer days. It combines citrus and pumpkin, known for their characteristics and beneficial effects. If you are not very fond of pumpkin, then pumpkin juice with the addition of orange you will like. The combination of oranges and pumpkin gives a very pleasant, unusual taste.
Useful properties of pumpkin
The benefits of this wonderful vegetable can not be overestimated. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, beneficial for the human body.
Here are just some useful qualities of a pumpkin:
- Flesh is rich in proteins, minerals, pectins and fiber. Also in it there are vitamins РР, В1 and В2, С. There are varieties of pumpkin, in which keratin contains more than carrots.
- Improves eyesight. The composition of the vegetable includes vitamin A, which positively affects the eyes.
- Helps the digestive system. Pumpkin flesh promotes the absorption of food, helps to reduce weight.
- Improves metabolism.
- Clears the body. Pumpkin helps to eliminate toxins and toxins.
Reduces blood pressure. Strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
- Diuretic action. A high water content (90%) and salts in the pumpkin reduces the risk of stones in the kidney and bladder.
- Strengthens the nervous system.
- Helps with insomnia.
- Low-calorie drink - plus in losing weight.
- Helps to remove worms.
- Has anti-inflammatory effect. Strengthens immunity.
- Improves mood and raises vitality.
- Contains a large amount of zinc, which protects against jaundice, Botkin's disease, cancers.
- Strengthens bones. Promotes rapid regeneration of tissues.
- It is used in cosmetology.
Such a wealth of pumpkin makes irreplaceable pumpkin juice with orange in the cold winter.
It should be refrained from eating pumpkin juice for certain diseases:
- stomach diseases (gastritis, ulcer);
- problems of the duodenum;
- bloating, colic;
- reduced gastric acidity, and so on.
To introduce juice from a pumpkin with orange, cooked for the winter, the children need to gradually in the diet, looking at the reaction from them. Keratin, a large number of it, causes a strong allergy.
Saturated with vitamins, very tasty and bright, made by own hands the house juice from a pumpkin, moreover and with oranges - the present vitamin bomb. And to make juice from a pumpkin at home will not make any difficulties.
Juicing - orange mood
A recipe for cooking pumpkin juice with orange for the winter.
For this drink you will need:
- 8 kg of pumpkin;
- , kg of oranges;
- sugar (about 2 kg);
- lemon acid.
Juice with pulp should be about 15 liters at the outlet.
You can proportionally reduce the amount of ingredients, depending on the size of the pot and the required amount of juice. If you prefer to drink more, take more oranges.
Cooking process: pumpkin-orange juice for the winter
Wash the pumpkin, clean it. Cut in half and free from sunflower seeds.
The color of the juice depends on the variety of the vegetable. Choose sweet fruits, they are bright orange. Pumpkin varieties are quite a lot and only three varieties are very suitable for juice blanks for the winter.
The varieties are famous for their delicious and juicy pulp:
- hard-boiled pumpkin - early variety with large seeds, very sweet fruit;
- large-fruited pumpkin - large with very tasty, sweet flesh fruits, weight reaches 5 kg, can be stored in a cold place throughout the winter;
- Muscat pumpkin - late variety, small fruit with pulp is very tasty and juicy.
Slice the flesh into small pieces.
It is good to wash the oranges. Remove the zest from them and grate it.
Connect the pieces of pumpkin with zest. Place them in a pot and pour water (it should barely cover the flesh of the pumpkin).
Boil on the fire for 20-30 minutes until the pumpkin is ready. You should get a soft mass.
Remove the resulting composition from the heat and allow it to cool.
Beat the pumpkin mass with a blender until smooth. Get a drink with a delicious pulp.
Add in it squeezed out of oranges juice, a little citric acid, sugar. Mix everything. Try the taste of the drink.
Bring the juice again to a boil and boil for 7-10 minutes. Remove the foam.
Pre-sterilize the cans prepared in advance.
Spread the juice on the banks and roll up.
A tasty pumpkin juice with oranges for winter is ready!
Juice has a small drawback: it does not contain acid and therefore it does not last long, even if it is kept in the cold. So do it in small portions, one at a time.
In order to keep pumpkin house juice at least until winter, and until the next season, you need to pasteurize or sterilize with further hermetic sealing.
A zest of oranges can be used in a different way. Cut it into large slices and cook with juice at the very end. During this time the peel will share its useful properties with a drink. Pull the skins of orange out of the juice and roll it into prepared jars.
Fragrant viscous juice with notes of orange is not recommended to drink during or after a meal. Drinking juice should be separated from food intake.
To strengthen the body should drink no more, a glass of pumpkin juice a day for 30 minutes before eating. In order to reduce weight and treatment, drink ¼ cup of juice 3 times a day before meals for at least 10 days.
To use juice from a pumpkin during pregnancy, consult a doctor.
Pumpkin juice has a caloric content of about 40 kcal per 100 grams, it can be given to children of different ages, to elderly people, and to people weakened from illnesses.
Try to cook pumpkin juice with orange at home. It will definitely have to taste to you and your loved ones on cold winter days!