Chickens, like all other types of poultry are prone to infections. But during breeding it is important to know the types of diseases of chickens and how they should be properly treated. Especially acute is the disease of coccidiosis in chickens and chickens. It is capable in a few days to lead to the death of a large number of bird stock.
Therefore, in order to avoid these troubles, the poultryman needs to know the symptoms of coccidiosis in chickens, turkeys, broilers and adult chickens, treatment rules, and most importantly drugs that are able to cure birds from infection. But first things first.
Table of contents
- Signs and symptoms of coccidiosis
- Than to treat
- Koktsidiovit: instructions for use
- Coccidiostatics: treatment for poultry and broilers
- Koktsiprodin: home use
- Features of chickens
- Features in broilers
- Features in adult chickens
Signs and symptoms of coccidiosis
To begin with, let's examine what is coccidosis in a bird. It is an infectious disease that is common in poultry farming. Infectious agents are coccidia. They penetrate into the body of birds through food, water, inventory. There are several varieties of pathogens of this infection.
But it is worth paying attention to the following signs and symptoms of coccidosis in chickens:
- Poor appetite or complete lack of appetite;
- Modification of plumage;
- Laying hens begin to carry less eggs or completely stop sweeping;
- Feces acquire a liquid consistency, foam and impurities of blood appear;
- Carcasses of birds acquire a bluish tinge.
These symptoms last 4 days, and after that birds perish. In dead chickens, the stomach is in a swollen state and is filled with liquid, calcified masses with red dots. It is worth paying attention to one more symptom - appendages in the intestine. They look like a blown glove..
Than to treat
If the chicken has these symptoms, then we can say with certainty that the individuals are ill with coccidiosis. In this caseimmediately begin to treat coccidosis in chickens and chickens. To treat coccidiosis can be different drugs, each of them affects the pathogens of infection and as a result leads to their death.
Consider the types of drugs that treat coccidiosis.
Koktsidiovit: instructions for use
We will analyze the instruction to the preparation. This medication is suitable for the treatment of young individuals and chickens. In coccidiosis, the drug is highly effective.The main components of the agent are 120 mg of amprolium hydrochloride, 10000 E of vitamin A and 2 mg of vitamin K, affect the pathogens of the infection, lead to a halt in their development and, as a result, death.
When signs of coccidiosis appear, the drug is used according to the following scheme:
- For prevention- 1 kg of pure food is added, 5 grams of the drug. Everything is mixed;
- For treatment1 gram of food is added, a gram of medicine. Everything mixes well;
The duration of prevention and treatment is 7 days. The poultry is slaughtered on the 7th day after the last dose.
Coccidiostatics: treatment for poultry and broilers
Coccidiostatics are medicines used to treat coccidiosis in poultry. These products are added to the chicken feed and chickens.During the ingestion of the medicine into the body of the birds, the active substances exert a suppressive effect on the causative agents of the disease and, as a result, stop their development.
Coccidiostatics include the following drugs:
- Avatech 15%;
- Aviax 5%;
- Koktsisan 12%;
- Nykarmix 25%.
This agent has a wide effect on coccidia. The active ingredient is sodium lasalocid 15%. It is used for treatment and prophylaxis in coccidiosis.
How to apply:
- , gram of powder per 1 kilogram of feed. Everything is mixed and given for preventive purposes;
- 1 gram per kilogram of feed during coccidiosis treatment.
The course of treatment and prevention is 5 days.
This agent refers to ionophore glucoside coccidiostatics with a wide spectrum of action on coccidiosis in poultry. The active component of the drug is 5% semiduramycin. It is used for the prevention and treatment of coccidiosis in chickens and chickens.
Mode of application:
- For prevention- 1 kg of feed is added, gram of the drug;
- During treatment- 1 gram of the product is added per kilogram of food.
The course of prevention and treatment is 5 days.
It has a wide effect on coccidia. It is used for treatment and prevention during coccidiosis in adult chickens and chickens. The active component - toluamide has an overwhelming effect on the causative agents of coccidiosis.
How to apply for chickens and chickens:
- During prevention- 1 kg of feed is added, gram of the product and mixed. Feed the bird this mixture throughout the day;
- During treatment- 1 gram of the preparation is added to 1 kilogram of food. All is well mixed, the mixture is given during the day.
The course of treatment is from 5 to 7 days.
The drug is used for treatment and prevention during coccidiosis in poultry. It is produced in the form of a powder with a fine granular structure. The color of the powder is light brown. The active ingredient is salinomycin sodium. The main component suppresses and stops the development of coccidia.
How to apply:
- For prevention- 60-120 mg of the drug should be added per 1 kg of the feed mixture;
- During treatment- per kilogram of food is added 120 mg of the drug.
The feed mixture with the medicine is given during the day. The next day, the food with the medicine is not used, a new one is being prepared.
The course of treatment and prevention - 5-7 days.
Also you might be interested to know:
- Symptoms and treatment of broiler diseases.
- How to take care of laying hens at home.
- What to feed the chickens from the first days of life, to grow healthy chickens.
This remedy looks like a powder, it is poorly soluble in water. The powder color is gray-white or gray-brown. The active substance is muduramycin ammonium.The main component has an overwhelming effect on the development of coccidia.Has a wide impact on causative agents of coccidiosis at different stages. Used to prevent and treat coccidiosis in chickens and chickens.
How to apply:
- During prevention- 1 kg of feed is added, gram of the drug. The food with the medicine is mixed and given during the day;
- During the treatment period- 1 kg of food is added, -1 gram of the product. All components are thoroughly mixed. The mixture is given throughout the day.
The course of treatment and prevention lasts from 5 days to 7 days.
Nicharmix 25% is a chemical coccidiostatic with a wide range of effects. It is available in the form of granules with a yellow coloration with a weak odor. The active ingredient is 25% nitrobazine. The active substance acts on the causative agents of coccidiosis and causes their death. The drug is used to treat coccidiosis in chickens and chickens.
How to apply:
- During prevention- 1 kg of food is added, gram of medicine. Everything is mixed and given throughout the day;
- During treatment- 1 kg of food is added, -1 gram of the medicine. Everything is mixed and given throughout the day.
For chicks, the remedy is given for prevention,starting from the first day of lifeand in the subsequent period of cultivation. In addition to the treatment of coccidiosis, the drug enhances the immune system and the protective properties of the chicks.
The course of treatment and prevention - 4-7 days.
Koktsiprodin: home use
Koktsiprodin is used to prevent and treat coccidiosis in poultry. The medicine, getting into the body of a bird, affects coccidia and leads to a change in the microstructure of the organism of the causative agents of the disease.The drug is used in different stages, while it kills bacteria and does not adversely affect the immunity of the bird.
It is available as a clear solution with a light yellow or dark yellow color.Has a specific smell. During treatment of coccidiosis in chickens and chickens, the medicine is given with water. 1 ml of pure solution is added to 1 liter of water. Water with a solution is drunk during the day. The course of treatment - 2 days, in severe conditions treatment is recommended to increase to 5 days.
The drug is widely used for prevention and treatment of coccidiosis in chickens, chickens and broilers.During treatment and prevention the product is given with water.
The drug is diluted in water in the following dosages - 1 ml,% of the drug is added to 1 liter of water and mixed. The solution is given to the sick bird for 2 days. In severe forms, treatment is extended to 5 days..
Features of chickens
The disease of coccidiosis in broiler chickens is especially dangerous. Pathogens - coccidia, develop and multiply in the intestines of individuals and lead to the death of epithelial cells. As a result, there is a violation of the integrity of the intestinal wall structure, and necrosis occurs.Then there is a violation of peristalsis and absorption, as a result, it causes a shortage of nutrients and leads to hunger edema.
In these conditions, 2-3 days are sufficient for the full maturation of the pathogen. The causes of the appearance of the disease is a change in food, stressful situations. That is why it is important to know how and how to treat coccidiosis in chickens..
Features in broilers
Coccidiosis gives danger to broilers, especially for young animals. The course of the disease is rapid and in a few days it affects a large number of individuals. The development of bacteria occurs in the intestine and in 2-3 days the number of coccidia can reach up to several thousand.As a result, the bird becomes sluggish, its appetite is lost, the structure of the feathers is disruptedI. The digestibility of nutrients is disturbed, this all leads to hunger edema and the death of broilers.
Sources of infection can become insects, people, tools. Treatment of coccidiosis in broilers should be carried out as quickly as possible..
Features in adult chickens
In chickens, coccidiosis is caused by pathogens - the eimeria of the shadow. Pathogens penetrate the intestines of birds along with contaminated food or water. For 2-3 days they affect the intestinal mucosa. As a result, swelling, formation of necrosis and hemorrhage. In the body of individualsnutrients cease to be absorbed, there is an accumulation of harmful substances that cause complete poisoning of the body.
Together with the faeces of sick birds, oocysts come out, which falls on food, water, litter. As a result, oocysts are eaten by other healthy individuals, and the disease spreads to all bird stock. As a result, individuals completely die..
Be sure to remember the following recommendations that are performed during prophylaxis in coccidiosis:
- Due to the fact that low temperatures and environmental conditions have no effect on coccidia,The walls and tools are better burned with a soldering iron, this will ensure the complete death of pathogens;
- Litterfor birds should always bein dry condition;
- In food, add salt, crushed shells. These components will prevent the occurrence of infection;
- Vaccination against coccidiosis.It strengthens the immune system and increases the body's resistance to infections, including coccidiosis.
Coccidiosis in chickens and chickens is a serious infectious disease that affects individuals in a short period of time. The disadvantage of this infection is that at the initial stages it does not manifest itself in any way, sometimes it is not possible to know about the presence of this disease in chickens and chickens.
Therefore, it is better to protect your bird management in advance. Starting from the first day of life, the chicks are prevented with the help of preparations against coccidiosis.Prevention will help prevent the disease, and also strengthen immunity and increase the body's resistance to coccidiosis. Now you know about the treatment of coccidiosis in chickens at home and will do everything possible to save your bird.