- 11 tips for black and white kitchen design
The black and white color scheme is not only super-stylish, but also universal, because it is like for small and large kitchens, both for classical and modern interiors.
- Correctly using these two colors, you can even correct some of the disadvantages of the room, for example, visually move the walls or raise the low ceiling.
On the other hand, planning a design of black and white cuisine, you can make a lot of mistakes and instead of a spectacular interior get oppressive and annoying eyesight. In this material you will find 11 practical tips for decorating the kitchen in a monochrome palette and 50 inspirational photo-ideas.
11 tips for black and white kitchen design
Tip 1. Place bet on white
The use of black and white in equal doses or the use of predominantly black is a risky and complex task. After all, in this case, the interior risks to get too gloomy. If you are not sure about your sense of taste and measure, take as a basis the white color. This is especially necessary if:
- The kitchen is small (white will expand the space);
- There is not enough natural light in it (light surfaces will reflect and increase light);
- You are not ready for everyday cleaning (oddly enough, the white color is less than the black one);
- You plan to decorate the interior in a classic style.
On the other hand, remember that the abundance of white is also undesirable, because the black details in it can simply "dissolve" and deprive the interior of bright contrasts. Try to balance and adhere to the proportion of black and white surfaces, say: or:.
Small black and white kitchen
A small white kitchen with a black table top
Tip 2. If you are afraid to make a mistake, use the following scenario of interior design ...
Decorate the floor in a dark color, and the walls and ceiling - white. The facades of the headset are best to choose in white (at least the upper tier), but the apron and, perhaps, the table top - in black..
Tip 3. Keep in mind that on dark surfaces dust, stains, fingerprints and other contaminants are more visible
Glossy surfaces are especially dirty. To help you keep the kitchen clean, try to choose practical materials, that is, without relief, moisture-proof, repellent dust. For example, for a practical floor tile or natural wood, which has antistatic properties (it can be a parquet / floorboard / piece parquet). The same applies to the working surfaces - apron and countertop. In addition, for finishing the floor, countertop and apron, it is desirable to use materials that have a shallow natural pattern or print. So, for example, for a table top and an apron it can be a granite or an agglomerate in a small speckle (see Fig. a photo). On such a background, crumbs, stains and stains will be noticeable much less than on a purely black surface.
Another great idea - the design of the floor and apron black and white tiles.
- Completely black apron is very brandy, but black and white is quite practical
- Completely black apron is very brandy, but black and white is quite practical
There is another way - the design of the floor, apron and table top in a less-than-white color, and the facade of the headset - in black.
Tip 4. Create optical illusions to increase space
If the black element is placed on a white background, then it seems as if it fell into the depths. This optical illusion can be used with advantage. Here are a few tips on how to do this:
- If the walls are painted white, and the ceiling... black, then it will visually appear higher. There is also a less extreme way - to decorate the floor with a dark color, and leave the walls and ceiling light.
- If the walls and kitchen set are white, and the apron is black (see p. photo below), then this will give space space and create the effect of a deep niche in the wall.
- If three walls are painted with white paint, and one wall (or a fragment of one wall) is black, it will go deeper and the kitchen will seem bigger.
Tip 5. Choose the right interior style
Black and white color scheme does not match with the style of Provence, English classics or Empire style. But it gets along well with the following directions:
- Art Deco;
- Parisian style;
- Scandinavian style;
- High tech;
- Retro pop (in combination with red and orange colors).
Kitchen in Scandinavian style
Interior of black and white cuisine in Parisian style
Small black and white cuisine in the style of minimalism
Black-white-red kitchen in retro style
Council 6. Create uniform lighting
In dim artificial light with sharp shadows, black and white cuisine will not look cozy and not so spectacular. Perfect lighting for a black and white interior is uniform, soft, with neutral or warm white light. Achieve this one chandelier does not work, you need to supplement or replace it with spotlights installed along the perimeter of the ceiling. Also, to create a uniform lighting will help wall sconces or floor lamps.
Council 7. Use monochrome prints and ornaments
Stripes, crow's feet, zebra, polka dots, chess cage, notes and motifs of the piano keys are classic black and white prints that perfectly fit into the monochrome interior.
By the way, the floor will look great black and white cage, made up of square tiles. By the way, if you lay it diagonally, the space will visually increase.
In the next selection of photos you can see several examples of such sex.
Council 8. Combine unusual materials and contrasting textures
Black and white cuisine may seem too strict or boring, because there are only two colors in it. To avoid this, try to combine with each other different materials in the texture. For example, the facades of the upper tier of the kitchen set can be glossy, and the lower one - matt ones as shown in the photo below.
Also, unusual materials will help to diversify the interior, for example, black or white marble, brickwork or a textured tree.
Tip 9. Add some color or metallic accents
Excessive severity of black and white cuisine will help to defuse color accents. For example, it can be wall decor, vases, dishes, napkins under plates and any other accessories. The main thing is not to get involved in decorating, so as not to overload the self-sufficient interior.
- The combination of black and white can be supplemented with almost any color and it will look organic. But especially effective with a black and white color scheme is combined red, pink, yellow and green colors.
Another clue how easy it is to give the black and white cuisine a bit of chic - include in the interior metal accents in the color of gold, silver, copper or bronze. Especially cool will look gold details, say, in the form of furniture handles, lamps or sanitary ware.
Tip 10. For wall decoration use black and white photo
Black-and-white photos or graphic images are simply created in order to decorate monochrome interiors. Just hang on the wall one large poster or a couple of small photos in the frame with a passepartout. And you will see how stylish your kitchen has become.
Excellent fit in the black and white interior and black and white wall-papers on one of the walls. If the kitchen is small, then the wallpaper should be chosen with a perspective image.
Tip 11. To soften the black and white interior and make it cozy will help the wooden parts
The warmth and naturalness of the tree compensates for the severity of the monochrome scale and will make the kitchen more cozy. Wooden floor, worktop or furniture can be used. Especially organically the tree fits into a Scandinavian, minimalistic or classical interior.
- . Color in the interior of the kitchen: bright ideas and traditional combinations.
- . All about the interior design of the white kitchen.
- . Black color in the interior of the kitchen - 150 photos, 3 rules and 6 successful combinations.
- . All about the use of gray in the interior of the kitchen.
- . Green color for an ideal kitchen - 5 top tips and 100 photos.
- . Beige color in the interior of the kitchen: 3 tips, 9 combinations and 100 photos for inspiration.