- Features of Lambrequins
- Varieties of lambrequins
- Decorative elements
- How to start sewing
- How to sew a lambrequin with tails
Lambruck for the kitchen helps to hide the cornice and the fastening elements. But their purpose is not only practical, but also decorative. Before you sew such curtains with your own hands, you need to choose the right material for them - textiles for the kitchen must necessarily differ in fire safety, do not absorb odors and do not accumulate dust.
Features of Lambrequins
So, what is a lambrequin? This is an elegant element of curtains, invented by the French. It is a drapery at the top of the window opening, in fact, being a shorter curtain, located horizontally. It can be sewn from a dense fabric, forming a pleating, and as additional decorations, brushes, fringes, flounces are chosen.
Curtains with lambrequins are not a standard textiles, but a more complex combination of fabrics and draperies. Best fit for a classic interior lambrequin, all country styles (country, provance, chic chic, rustic) and a luxurious style of art deco.
- But keep in mind that lambrequins of complex cut from heavy noble fabrics, with a lot of draperies, chillies, bells and other ornaments are created for living rooms, bedrooms and dining rooms. For kitchens of standard sizes up to 15 square meters. m such models do not fit.
- The smaller the kitchen - the easier and laconic the lambrequins and curtains should be.
Curtains with a lambrequin will make the room more solemn and expressive. In addition, they can visually change the proportions of the window opening, stretching it or narrowing it.
Varieties of lambrequins
There are more than 25 varieties of this type of curtain. Here are some of them.
Conventionally, all these species can be divided into three general groups:
- The hard type allows you to effectively decorate the top of the window. In addition, with its help, the cornice and the upper partition are beautifully concealed. By design, hard lambrequin is a narrow fabric strip on the seal, fixed under the ceiling. Hard lambrequin can differ in form - there are oval, rectangular, complex shapes. In addition, the rigid type of construction is additionally decorated - with cords or ribbons, fringe, draperies.
- Soft type differs high decorative. For such draperies, special patterns are created. As for the material, the soft lambrequin can be sewn by hand using a fabric identical to curtains, or completely contrasting material. Before you cut the material, determine its length - it is 15-25% of the length of the curtain itself.
- With your own hands you can sew and combined. This decorative detail combines the rigidity of the base and the softness of the drapery. The most harmoniously looks in rooms with large windows.
To sew your own curtains with lambrequins of your dreams, for example, in a spacious kitchen with large windows, a kitchen-living room or in the dining room, you can choose one of the spectacular decorative elements:
- Svag - draped with the help of folds semicircle, shell, located horizontally, can be performed symmetrically or not;
- De Jabo - side element, "jabot" with a lower bevel (or placed by steps), thanks to a hard or soft lambrequin gets a vertical;
- Tie - an element with folds along the cut at the top;
- Kokilye - flared assembly in the center, which is, as a rule, centered on the lambrequin between two svagi.
How to start sewing
Of course, lambrequin sewing requires a pattern. And it, in turn, is created based on the basic design concept. In addition, the practicality is also taken into account - after all, using curtains should be convenient.
If you do not have any experience or your kitchen has a small area of 5-15 square meters. m, it is better to choose a simple model. Do you want to experiment and sew lambrequin with chicken, svagami and bells? Then you will need complex patterns not only for lambrequin itself, but also individual patterns for decorative assemblies.
If you have little experience in sewing, then before you start sewing and cutting lambrequin from the desired fabric, practice first on the old bed linen.
How to choose the right fabric for lambrequin and combine it with curtains? The material for it can be used the same one from which the curtains are made, or choose a fabric that will be denser than curtains. By color, it is desirable to choose a material in either a tone or darker curtains.
How to sew a lambrequin with tails
Multicomponent patterns should be left to professionals, and the simplest lambrequin with tails will be available even for beginners. By the way, it is perfectly combined with light kitchen tulle, blinds or Roman curtains.
Before you cut the material, you need to pick up all the necessary elements:
- Facial tissue and lining (it is desirable);
- Sealant for laying - most often, non-woven, bando or doublerine (if desired);
- Cornice bar or wooden bar width of 5 cm, a thickness of about 2 cm, the length is calculated from the calculation: the length of the window plus 20-30 cm;
- 1 m of decorative cord;
- , the meter of the tape;
- Stapler with staples or a hammer with nails;
- Pencil for marking;
So, let's get down to work:
- Attach the bar or cornice - 100 mm above the window frame, and so that the ends protrude beyond the window by 100-150 mm.
- Now we need to cut and iron the material.
The length of the fabric corresponds to the length of the eaves + 10 for "tails". For lambrequin, sagging at 50 cm, you will need a 70-centimeter width of the canvas. Patterns necessarily provide and allowances for seams - 15 mm on each side.
- In the same way, the lining fabric is also cut.
The use of the lining will ensure the volume of the product, the texture and softness of its folds.
- The lining is smoothed, and the top is placed on top. Before you start sewing, all layers of the structure are fastened with pins. The fabrics are stretched so that the top is not stitched 30 cm.
- The pins are removed. In the corners, small incisions are made across.
- The fabric is turned and smoothed. A non-stitched hole is sewn by hand.
- The middle of the lambrequin is fixed to the central part of the bar, after which the entire fabric is fixed to the bar - so that its ends hang freely.
- These ends are tied with a decorative cord, after which the cord is tied with a bow. On this sewing a simple, but original and stylish lambrequin for the kitchen, is finished.
And here are other ideas how you can make your own hands simple in making lambrequins for the kitchen.
- . Curtains for the kitchen: color, material, look and style.
- . Curtains-threads in the kitchen - choice, care, manufacture with their own hands.
- . How to choose curtains for a kitchen with a balcony door - 4 solutions.
- . All you need to know about tulles for the kitchen.
- . How to choose the perfect short curtains for the kitchen.
- . Knitted curtains for the kitchen.