1 Before painting
- 1.1 Training
- 1.2 Whitening
2 What and how to paint black jeans?
- 2.1 Method 1. Special paints
- 2.2 Method 2 Hair dye
- 2.3 Method 3. Paint for fabrics
- 2.4 other methods
- 3 Recommendations
- 4 Care after dyeing
- 5 Conclusion
Jeans are comfortable, practical and relevant at almost any event. But over time, they change color, they may appear divorce, but not all are decided to throw out your favorite thing. The way out of this situation will be staining. In this article I will explain how and how you can dye black jeans at home.
There are a few things to consider before painting things:
- Analyze all the pros and cons of the procedure.. This is a risky business, and the result may not meet expectations.
- Consider the fabric composition. It is easy to change the color of natural fabrics. But if synthetic filaments are present, the color may turn paler.
- Consider the original color of the clothes. If the white color is repainted black, then the result will be gray or dark gray. But not black! It is better to choose tones similar in combination.
- Work must always wear gloves.
- Adhere to the recommendations indicated on the dye. The instruction will clarify the necessary proportions and procedures.
Before changing or updating the color of the denim thing you need to prepare:
- Wash. Check for grease stains. When washing do not use rinsing, they can impede the process of painting.
- Cut all shortcuts. Labels on jeans in most cases, too, are painted, and therefore spoil. After the process, they can be re-sewn.
- Whiten if necessary.. If your jeans are not blue, you will have to use bleach.
- Preparing a place to work. We clean the surface, we cover with newspapers so that the dyes do not fall on the objects that are nearby.
To improve the result of dyeing, a denim product is better to bleach. For this:
- We part water and bleach in a proportion 1: 1. It is best to use a deep container, such as a bucket or basin. If the jeans are light, then a weaker solution is made.
- We place the denim product in the container and leave it for 1-2 hours. Every 20 minutes you need to change the position of the thing, that is, stir.
- After bleachingextra rinsing should be done.
Jeans should not become pure white, most likely they will have a yellowish tint. Do not worry, black pigment will paint over everything!
What and how to paint black jeans?
Now many will wonder, why complicate things if it is easier to go and buy new pants of any color and size? However, not the fact that they ideally sit on the figure and become loved.
But small flaws can be hidden under the paint. By changing their color, you reanimate jeans, and they will look like new.
What is the color of jeans black? I highlighted 3 main ways to change color. Let us examine each case separately.
Method 1. Special paints
You can purchase special powder paints online or at a hardware store. With their help, you can paint the thing in the washing machine. All you need to do is follow the instructions on the package.
If you have acquired a composition of foreign manufacture, then we act as follows:
- Prepare jeans, turn them inside out, we look at the optimal temperature of washing on the label.
- Then we put them in the washing machine and pour the powder on top.
- Run the selected wash mode.
- After that, rinse them in warm water with vinegar, it will help fix the color.
- Then we erase in the usual way with a powder.
There are paints that are not poured into the drum, but are placed directly with the packaging in the washing machine. Read the instructions carefully!
Method 2 Hair dye
How to paint black jeans at home, if you can not buy a special paint? For such purposes, useful ordinary hair dye.
Be careful with shades! And if the jeans are large, then buy 2 packs of paint.
- Dilute the paint in warm water so that the pants are completely covered with a solution.
- We reserve everything for 1 hour.
- We take them out and rinsed first in plain water, and then add salt and vinegar.
Method 3. Paint for fabrics
Stayed my favorite way! Now I will tell you how to dye black jeans at home with fabric paints. This method differs from the previous ones in that it is necessary to tinker a bit.
If you purchased such paint, do the following:
- diluted in water (proportions in the instructions for the composition), it is better to use a bucket or a deep container;
- we put our jeans in the prepared mix;
- put it all on fire and boil for 1-1.5 hours;
- constantly mix the pants so that they are colored evenly and without streaks;
- After that, we care in salt or acetic water to fix the pigment.
I will tell about rare and interesting ways how to change or update black color on clothes. To update the color, you can soak the thing in coffee, tobacco or black mascara.
- Coffee or tobacco. Preparing the solution with your own hands:
- we breed 50 grams of ground coffee or 15 grams of tobacco in 1 liter of water;
- soak black pants for half an hour, the water should be cool.
- Markers. Of course, we will not directly decorate our jeans with them! We take a rod from a felt-tip pen, break it and lower it into water so that it changes color. And the paint is ready!
What to look for when choosing coloring products:
- on the instructions, it should be indicated on the package;
- what material it is intended for;
- if you do not know what your trousers are made of, take a universal paint.
If jeans are present in lavsan or nitron, then the colors may not soak the fabric. The result is that the thing will not stain.
The price of special powder paints can be high, often they are hard to find. Order via the Internet will take some time, but really buy.
Care after dyeing
Dyed clothing must be carefully monitored and maintained. Improper washing or drying can change the resulting shade, the thing may fade and have to be thrown out.
I will share with you some simple tips:
- Dry your clothes where direct sunlight does not fall on it, So it will not fade.
- Wash the first 2-3 washes separately from other things so that the new paint does not fade.
- Add vinegar in the subsequent rinses, it serves as a color fixer.
- When washing, use only powder for colored fabrics. Powder for white linen contains bleach.
Above, we looked at the most effective ways to dye jeans in black. Choose for yourself the most suitable and do not be afraid to change your style and wardrobe.
Watch the video in this article, here is more information on this topic. If you know other methods of dyeing jeans wear, share them in the comments! I would appreciate that!
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we send the most interesting material that you have not yet seen
We already read 32 500 people. Join us!