- 1 Natural or artificial suede
2 Proper suede shoe care
- 2.1 The first treatment of footwear: provides a protective "immunity"
- 2.2 Brush care suede
- 2.3 Clear the suede shoes from contamination in winter
- 2.4 Clear the suede shoes from dirt in summer
- 3 Output
Suede - moody stuff that requires special attention. Therefore, you are hesitant to buy suede shoes? And in vain! Incidentally, it is not just beautiful, but also durable. I have several pairs of suede shoes, I bought them for a long time, and often wear - look like new. And all because I know how to care for suede shoes. In fact it is not so difficult - you will see now!
Natural or artificial suede
Suede - what it is, how it is produced, what kinds of things happen? To begin with, there is a natural suede and have artificial. We are more interested in the first look.
For the manufacture of natural suede skins used medium-sized animals, polished abrasives to fleecy texture and saturated with fat fish, marine mammals and plants. Relatively inexpensive obtained suede from goat skin, elite - from the skin of deer and elk.
Two methods of manufacturing:
- Purified by fur pelt passes through a special cutting machine, where the sharp knives separated into two layers. One is used to make the skin smooth, and the other - on the suede.
- Skin turned inside and painstakingly sanded her wrong side. In this case, the front layer of the skin remains intact, it will be the inside of the shoe next. Understandably, such a suede more valuable for its characteristics and beauty.
Natural suede varieties resistant to alkali, washing, high and low temperatures. Due to the porosity and elasticity of the material obtained a comfortable footwear, "breathable", with antiallergic properties. And as for the high-quality look and say nothing!
As for artificial suede, here too there are two ways of manufacturing:
- Economical - when the substrate is attached with glue pile, simulating the treated skin of any animal. Quality products from such material leaves much to be desired, but the price is low and wide range.
- woven - by special processing of microfiber yarns converted to finely fuzzy fabric. And the longer the microfiber is processed, the better and more expensive it turns out artificial suede.
Now it becomes clear why natural suede shoes requires special treatment? Artificial analogues, though called a chamois, but in terms of care are not as "naughty." But this does not make them better, they lose the natural material for comfort, durability and appearance.
Proper suede shoe care
True connoisseurs of beauty difficulties do not stop - I'm one of them! To velvety shoes or boots will always look like new, just remember a few basic rules and stock up on special devices. for suede shoe care at home begins with the purchase of ...
The first treatment of footwear: provides a protective "immunity"
Immediately after the purchase of new clothes treat protectant. It forms a transparent layer on the shoe surface which will prevent the harmful effects:
- chemical reagents.
It will give suede "immunity" - it will slowly get dirty and become invulnerable for a time even in the bad weather.
I've done three primary treatment approach for better effect:
- I wet the surface protective spray;
- I give dry;
- then repeat the same thing a couple of times.
Dry goods from natural suede can only be a natural way, at temperatures up to + 30 ° C! Put them on the battery in any case can not be otherwise material ogrubeet and lose its wonderful quality.
The process suede shoes? The economic and shoe stores sell special sprays and impregnation. I was a convenient tablet. Check it out and choose care products.
|Tool type||Features, properties||The names of the best tools for consumer opinion|
|repellent spray||Real salvation for suede and nubuck! It protects from dirt, blotting, distortion and loss of color.
Spray - the most convenient form for quick, clean and easy handling of shoes. Its only drawback - quite a pungent smell.
|Impregnation||Prevents absorption of moisture and dirt deep into the material. Long time support suede shoes in a neat form, as well as keeps your feet from moisture.
The best considered silicone impregnation: after treatment with such means, a uniform film on the shoes. Due to this water simply flows through the material, it is not getting inside. What is important, airflow is not disturbed.
But particularly for suede optimum variant - impregnation of fluorocarboxylic resin.
|Painting restorer||These funds are to care for suede shoes recover from the effects of bad weather and camouflage scratches, abrasions, brought down their noses or heels. Plus - an additional protection against moisture, dirt, stains and loss of color saturation.
Painting restorer is not washed off after drying and does not dye clothes. Means simply rests on the surface of the suede as a native layer and perfectly conceals even seams, traces of glue and cuts.
|stretcher||Novelty, gradually displacing "granny" methods. Incidentally, in our case very useful! Shoes made of suede, it is desirable to buy the size of the size, as over time it becomes.
And to carry the outset was comfortable, can not wait, and stretch it a bit with the help of special tools. It softens the skin and provides it an easy stretch to the right size.
Brush care suede
Regardless of the season, as soon as you come home, and took off his shoes, refresh suede surface. It is a long time will prolong her life. How to care for suede with various contaminants, I tell you. But first, please be several brushes:
- Porous and rigid sponge, brush - removes the top layer of dust.
- Eraser or brush with rubber and rubber teeth - eliminates fat coating, stubborn stains.
- crepe brush - updating the upper layer of suede and restores its original velvety.
In shoe stores can search the brush 2-in-1: on the one hand a sponge, and the other an eraser. Very handy little thing - can be stored in a locker, or even carry in your bag.
If the hand was not special brushes - no problem! You can use folk remedies and methods (although the first option is much more practical, I checked):
- To clean suede shoes from light pollution, rub them with a crust of rye bread;
- And to fluff fluff brush and walk 3-4 minutes hold shoes on hot steam.
Clear the suede shoes from contamination in winter
How to care for shoes made of suede winter? In cold weather, the main threat are salt stains. On shoes, they look like ugly streaks. Salt at all harmful to the structure of natural leather, so it's best to avoid their contact.
But if the divorce is already there:
- First of all, remove the white spots. Wipe the soap solution, stir in a small amount of warm water or soap powder for washing delicate.
If this does not work, you can make the hands from the stain remover liquid ammonia. He brings tremendous stains of any complexity:
- Mix alcohol and water in a ratio of 1: 4;
- Moisten in this liquid sponge and gently walk divorce;
- But after the chemical attack of ammonia shoes will need to wipe with a soft cloth dampened in a weak solution of glycerol.
- Dry suede shoes in a natural way. Do not use a hair dryer, heater, battery and other sources of heat! There are special shoe lasts for drying or the alternative - a crumpled newspaper.
Do not wear the same pair two days in a row because it does not have time to dry. For suede generally requires 20 hours of rest.
- Restore color suede help clear or coloring spray. Names spray I brought to the table. Apply spray only after complete drying of the shoes!
- Periodically treat the surface water repellent. Somewhere once a week (this is if you wear suede shoes constantly) and always after drying.
- At the end of the winter, insert the plastic pad to maintain the shape of the shoe. Then the shoes more than one season will look like new.
Clear the suede shoes from dirt in summer
To care for suede shoes in the hot summer days are at times difficult. Due to the large amount of dust favorite shoes get dirty even when wearing short-lived. And if you do not know the sequence of actions can ruin a beautiful suede surface.
Therefore, here's a guide:
- Shake off dust flannel cloth shoes. Do this carefully, not clutching cloth to suede.
- Then wash them with soap and water. To prepare a solution suitable for delicate washing powder, liquid or regular baby soap. Wash velvety surface must be very careful, being careful not to wet.
- Again, wipe the surface with a cloth. First, a little wet, then - dry. More suited for this fabric napkins similar in structure to the silk.
- Shoes dry naturally. To speed up the drying process and at the same time keep the right shape, stuff them into the newspapers.
- After drying, use a protective spray. How exactly - decide for yourself, based on the situation: you may need to create an invisible protective layer against dirt and dust, or restore the intensity of the color suede.
- Refresh deodorant. Despite the fact that well-breathable suede, this step will not be superfluous.
Do not treat suede funds intended for other materials! It should be a dedicated or multi-purpose spray / foam / cream, which says that it is suitable for suede shoes.
If properly care for suede shoes, it will last for many, many years! The main thing - to observe the rules of care and act on the situation, rather than at random. I told you how I clean suede dust, dirt, salt, and white streaks. Arm special tools and brushes, and care for suede is easy and fast.
In addition, I suggest to watch the video in this article. How you care for your favorite suede shoes? Share in the comments!
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we will send the most interesting stuff that you have not seen
We read for 32 to 500 people. Join us!