The main task of the heating system is to maintain a comfortable temperature for living inside the house. Competently designed strapping of the pellet boiler makes it possible to achieve uniform heat distribution throughout the entire living space, and also protects the equipment from damage and overheating.
This work is desirable to entrust a professional. However, having enlisted the support of experts, and having studied the principles of connecting the heating unit, you can strapping yourself. Doubt?
We will help you in resolving this issue. The article describes the different strapping schemes, identifies the pros and cons of each option, gives tips on choosing heating equipment. In addition, we have prepared detailed instructions for connecting the boilers and putting them into operation.
The content of the article:
- What is a boiler harness?
- Features of the pellet boilers
Possible options for the movement of fluid
- Features of natural circulation
- Forced circulation option
- Connection of the boiler in the presence of a collector
The main stages of the connection process
- Selection of equipment and necessary parts
- Binding pellet boiler
- Expansion tank installation
- Safety valve: do you need it?
- Connection features pellet boiler
- Chimney installation rules
- Connecting and setting up equipment
- Common problems and errors
- Conclusions and useful video on the topic
What is a boiler harness?
Strapping is all those elements that are located between the radiators and the boiler. Today, many home craftsmen do not pay special attention to it, they organize, not adhering to any norms and recommendations of experts.
However, properly implemented binding allows you to solve many problems:
- pipeline pressure will never exceed the maximum allowable level;
- scale, slag, sand and similar debris that may be in the water will be removed;
- excessive thermal expansion will be compensated;
- provides the ability to connect to the system more than one circuit;
- air dissolved in the coolant will be removed;
- allows you to automatically turn on the boiler and accumulate hot water, which will help to save.
If we talk about pellet boilers, they are not always highly autonomous work. But if you take a responsible approach to laying the pipeline, you can achieve greater efficiency from such equipment.
Proper piping makes the home heating system more reliable, safer and more productive.
Features of the pellet boilers
Heating equipment using compressed wood pellets as a fuel appeared relatively recently. But since its invention, such boilers immediately won the recognition of millions of buyers.
If it is not possible to install gas equipment in the house, then it is recommended to purchase pellet boiler.
The advantages of this type of heat generators include:
- Autonomy. Due to the presence of the control unit and the automatic burner start-up system, once you have loaded the fuel, you can forget about it for 2-4 weeks.
- Security. Pellet boilers have a multistage protection, which allows to avoid pipeline explosion and fire.
- Efficiency. On average, the efficiency of the equipment ranges from 87 to 97%.
- Cheapness of service. Pellets are inexpensive, and ash must be cleaned no more than once a month.
- Durability. The lifetime of the units is at least 25 years.
- Compactness. Most often, models are relatively small in size.
If you familiarize yourself with the advantages of this type of heating equipment, it becomes clear why it so quickly gained popularity among the inhabitants of Europe and America.
According to statistics, in the coming years, pellet heat generators will occupy leading positions in both the domestic and global markets.
The widespread distribution of pellet-powered aggregates is hampered by the rather high cost. Not everyone who wishes can immediately lay out a tidy sum for the boiler itself, the burner and additional equipment.
Possible options for the movement of fluid
There are many schemes. But all the methods can be divided into two main groups depending on the principle of movement of the heat carrier through the pipes. Therefore, a specific scheme is selected depending on whether natural or forced pumping is used in the system.
Features of natural circulation
The simplest and most inexpensive solution is to tie the boiler where the heat carrier will move through the pipes using the laws of physics. Even a novice can implement such a scheme, and it will take a minimum of time for this.
System feature heating with natural circulation is the absence of a pump. In this case, the movement of the fluid in the pipeline is due to the ability of the colder medium to push the hotter and less dense.
When organizing a heating system without a pump, the radiators must be located higher than the boiler. The number of bends and turns of the pipes must be minimized (+)
The advantages of this solution include:
- low cost of installation;
- low cost of service;
- easy installation;
- the ability to quickly restore the system in the event of a breakdown.
But the scheme with the natural movement of the fluid has its drawbacks. First of all, it can be used only with a single-loop system. In addition, this solution will be effective only in small houses.
Forced circulation option
The greatest demand is for heating systems that use circulation pump. And it is not surprising, because such a scheme is convenient, versatile and practical. It can be used in houses and buildings of absolutely any size.
But even with unique advantages, forced circulation schemes coolant have some significant drawbacks:
- high cost of installation - The average cost of the pump is about 150-160 dollars;
- implementation complexity - the scheme consists of a large number of elements, which greatly complicates its implementation;
- the need for balancing - all components of the house heating system must be exactly aligned with each other;
- dependence on the availability of electricity - the heating pump will work only if current is supplied to it.
When organizing a heating system built with two or more circuits, it is recommended to use the option with the forced movement of the coolant.
The heating system with forced fluid transfer functions due to a circulating pump. Therefore, it is better to give preference to reliable devices from trusted manufacturers.
However, in this case, the fundamental factor of performance is the power of the heating boiler. Please note that if it is not enough, the equipment will not be able to heat a sufficient amount of coolant.
Connection of the boiler in the presence of a collector
The two schemes above appeared quite a long time ago. They are divided, depending on the method of assembling the contour, on tee, collector and mixed.
Today, the first option is gradually being supplanted by the more innovative - the collector one. Its main advantage is high efficiency. But for the implementation will have to invest a considerable amount.
This kind of wiring involves the installation behind the pellet boiler of a special collector - collector for heating. Each pipe, radiator or faucet connected to the heating system of the building is attached to this element.
The collector is installed in a specially equipped cabinet. Hot water comes to it immediately after heating by the boiler. Only after that the coolant is distributed through the pipeline.
The advantages of this scheme are obvious:
- the owner of the house gets the opportunity to separately control each heating circuit;
- a stable water pressure is maintained at any point in the heating system;
- only one pipe leaves the collector for one radiator, respectively, they can be of smaller diameter.
It is important to understand that this level of comfort will be expensive. After all, each individual node of the heating system will have to lay its own pipeline.
As a result, this will lead to the need to increase the budget, more consumption of fittings, pipes and other fittings.
The organization of collector wiring is a complex and sensitive procedure. Therefore, the best solution would be to entrust the work to qualified specialists, which will allow to avoid mistakes and additional financial expenses.
The main stages of the connection process
As mentioned above, properly laid pipeline will significantly increase the efficiency of the heating system and make its operation as safe as possible. Therefore, before going to the store or proceeding to the installation, it is recommended to understand in every detail with each of the stages of work.
Selection of equipment and necessary parts
Starting the implementation of the pellet boiler piping scheme, first of all you need to choose the right parts and additional equipment. It is recommended to buy quality products from reliable manufacturers. You should not save, as this will lead to frequent breakdowns and will make the operation of the heating system unsafe.
To get started, you need to buy the following items:
- Circulation pump. It is designed to ensure the smooth movement of the coolant through the pipes.
- Air valves. These elements remove air from the system, which gets there with cold water.
- Expansion tank. It accumulates excess heat carrier, which are subsequently discharged into the sewer.
- Collector - distributes hot water to the contours.
- Sump. Its main task is to remove various debris from the system: slag, sand, scale, etc.
- Hydro ArrowIt is a hydraulic separator. Used to connect to the system of the circuit, where the coolant moves with other parameters.
Also need heating radiators. They must be metallic or bimetallic. To date, you can choose a model that fits perfectly into the interior. Although they are quite expensive, they will last for several decades.
The polypropylene pipeline is quite popular. It is light, cheap, on its walls a raid does not form, and even a novice can handle installation. But for the pellet boiler is better to give preference to metal
Binding pellet boiler
If you have knowledge and experience in arranging the heating circuit, you can do the connection process yourself. Here it is important to strictly follow the recommendations of the manufacturer, given in the instructions for a specific model of pellet boiler.
The first step is to install a pellet boiler, connecting components:
- Choice of room for the location of the unit. For this you need to familiarize yourself with the instructions supplied by the manufacturer. Most often, it sets out detailed recommendations for the arrangement of the premises.
- Burner connectionto be purchased along with the boiler, choosing the type you want.
- Installation of fuel tank. This is a bunker sold with a heating unit. The size of the room to be allocated to the boiler room depends on its size.
- Auger connection - devices responsible for the supply of pellets.
- Connecting the remote control - it is necessary to ensure uninterrupted automatic operation.
The whole process of tying the pellet boiler is divided into several stages. So, first you need to choose the location of the collector, after which it will be attached to the radiators.
For this, plumbing fittings with a diameter of 1 inch are used. If some openings of the distributor remained unoccupied, then they need to be closed with plugs.
In order to prevent the occurrence of flammable situations, it is necessary to select components and adapters from non-combustible materials. And perform all connections in good faith, which will help to avoid the occurrence of leaks and other troubles.
Then perform the following actions:
- Gasket from the boiler pipe, whose diameter is 1.25 inches.
- Installation on the inlet pipe of the distribution pipe.
- Inset contour or installation of a circulation pump behind the control valve. The device must be installed in a horizontal position axis. It is recommended to protect it from debris and dirt, which can enter from the outside by placing a strainer.
The first stage is over. Then you can install such additional details as sensors, expansion tank and safety valve. Also do not forget about the organization of the chimney.
All work is recommended to be carried out in stages, while ensuring that the already assembled system is reliable and correct. Remember, the main thing - do not rush, do everything qualitatively and in accordance with the scheme
Expansion tank installation
After heating, the volume occupied by the coolant increases, so care must be taken to ensure enough space for it and to avoid an explosion. This is exactly why an expansion tank is needed - all the excess hot water flows into it. In addition, a similar element allows you to maintain a stable pressure in the heating system at home.
An inexperienced buyer will undoubtedly have questions related to which expansion tank is better to choose. They differ among themselves in color and purpose. For the heating system used equipment, painted in red.
With choosing an expansion tank special attention is paid to its size. Determine the optimal volume is not difficult. To do this, calculate how much water will be used in the system and add 10-12% to the resulting number.
Immediately after connecting the expansion tank, it is necessary to create a certain pressure in it. Do not hope for factory adjustment, as in most cases it does not meet the standards
Safety valve: do you need it?
The main task of this element is to protect the boiler from a sharp increase in pressure, which significantly prolongs the life of the boiler. After it reacts, part of the heat carrier flows out of the heating system - this allows reducing the pressure.
Depending on the performance of the boiler and the maximum temperature of the water pumped by it, it is necessary to choose valves. It is better to buy models that work, if the pressure is 20-30% higher than the operating parameters of the system.
It should be borne in mind that the diameter of the inlet of the safety valve must be equal to the size of the pipe or be large.
There are several types of protective fittings. The most versatile model is the overflow valve protection mechanism.
Manufacturers are upgrading models of TT boilers, equipping them with a built-in security group. It includes a pressure gauge, safety valve and air vent
There are models of pellet boilers with built-in security group or without it. In the first case, the system assembly scheme will be much simpler - it is not necessary to install a pressure gauge, a safety valve and an air vent for the heating line.
Connection features pellet boiler
When buying this kind of heat generator you need to understand that it does not have the function of adjusting the heat supply. Simply put, the combustion of pellet fuel can not be stopped.
This means that in the event of a power outage, the circulation pump will also stop moving the coolant in the system too. To prevent further increase in pressure and system failure, several emergency circuits are used.
To ensure that the operation of a solid fuel boiler is as safe as possible, it is necessary to ensure:
- timely supply of cold water to the equipment;
- during operation, keep the doors, inspection hatches, filler pipes of the heating system closed;
- use only certain fuel specified by the manufacturer in the instructions for its model;
- organize another additional emergency circuit.
If we take into account all the nuances when connecting the pellet equipment, then you can create a self-regulating and minimally human-dependent system. But it will have to spend a little more time and money.
Chimney installation rules
The efficiency of the boiler depends largely on how good the thrust is. If the chimney was designed correctly, it will provide an excellent air vent at any temperature and wind force.
The first thing that is worth paying attention to is the diameter of the chimney, which should be identical to the size of the outlet. It is also necessary to install an element that removes excess moisture.
Do not forget about the cap. If you mount it correctly, it will not block the pipe or create an aerodynamic barrier.
The photo above shows two ways to install a chimney for a pellet heating boiler. On the left - the wrong option, and on the right - the correct solution.
In most cases, use metal chimney pipes. Therefore, they must be properly heated and equipped with hatches for cleaning - it is correct to equip each knee with a revision door so that it is convenient to remove soot and other products of combustion.
It must be remembered that heating equipment operating on pellets does not tolerate both too little and too much cravings. It is important to closely monitor the operation during the operation.
To protect the boiler room from the fire when tipping over, manufacturers put between the bunker and a corrugated plastic tube and a boiler - if a backdraft occurs, the plastic will burn and there will be no fuel to do.
Connecting and setting up equipment
After the piping scheme has been implemented and the boiler is installed, it’s time to start setting up and connecting it. Equipment joins all communications: heating and plumbing.
Many modern models of pellet boilers are equipped with an electric-powered burner. Therefore, check if the device needs a current supply.
If after starting the pellet boiler starts to smoke, it suddenly goes out, or it is possible to find not completely burned fuel in the ashpit, the adjustment was made incorrectly. There may still be a lot of soot.
It is necessary to approach connection and setup with the maximum responsibility. Do not hope for factory adjustment. You will have to do this when you first start heating equipment, and you need to take into account chimney draft, fuel condition and equipment power.
Incorrect adjustment will lead to various problems, including low efficiency, high fuel consumption, frequent breakdowns and much more.
Therefore, manufacturers of many models of pellet boilers recommend that these stages be carried out by employees of specialized organizations who have permission to carry out this kind of work.
Common problems and errors
Low efficiency and frequent breakdowns of heating equipment is a bright sign of errors made during its strapping.
Error number 1. Most often, problems arise due to insufficient heating of the heat carrier. As a result, this leads to the appearance of a large amount of tar or scale.
Error number 2. Incorrect adjustment or lack of protection against boiling water is one of the most common problems. Because of this, the coolant is excessively heated, which adversely affects heating appliances, pipes and other equipment.
Error number 3. If the heating system is not very efficient, then you should pay attention to the quality of sealing. To do this, you need to check whether the boiler and other structural details of the system are securely isolated.
Error number 4. It often happens that the owner of the house allocates only a few square meters for the boiler room. As a result, he faces the following problem - it becomes extremely inconvenient and even unsafe to maintain the heating system. Recommendations for the arrangement of the boiler room are given in this article.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Video # 1 review of the wrong organization of the heating system:
Video # 2 analysis of a typical pellet boiler tying scheme:
Video # 3 installation of a solid fuel generator and a boiler:
Pellet boilers have proven themselves as efficient and easy-to-maintain equipment. But for such a heating system to reveal all its advantages, and its work to be uninterrupted, you need with full responsibility to approach the choice of valves, equipment, and to implement a high-quality scheme strapping.
Share with your readers your experience in installing and operating pellet boilers. Please leave comments on the article, ask your questions and participate in discussions. Feedback form is located below.