1 Rule 1. Preparation for washing - sorting
- 1.1 Examine the label
- 1.2 Sort colored fabrics
2 Rule 2. Machine washable
- 2.1 Preparation for washing
- 2.2 Machine wash modes
- 2.3 Cotton Fabric Remedies
3 Rule 3. How to remove heavy pollution?
- 3.1 Folk cotton cleansing methods
- 4 Rule 4 How to dry and iron?
- 5 Conclusion
I confess that I did not always manage to take care of natural tissues easily, because they quickly get dirty, crumple, and if mistreated, they are short-lived and can sit down. Through trial and error, I found ways to extend the life of cotton materials. Want to know how to wash cotton so that it does not sit down and stretch out? I tell - remember!
Rule 1. Preparation for washing - sorting
First, examine the labels and sort the things so that they do not shed and do not shrink.
Examine the label
Does cotton set during washing? Yes, but only when using very hot water.
To avoid shrinkage, read the recommendations indicated on the label. The washing mode specified there is the safest for a particular product.
With continuous advantages (hygroscopicity, does not irritate the skin, does not electrify), this fabric reacts to shrinkage washing. Therefore, you first need to sort out the laundry according to the type of cotton material:
- Calico, satin. White cotton products should be washed separately with bleaching agent. Cotton washing temperature is almost 95 ° С. However, for colored (dyed) materials, 60 ° C is sufficient to prevent shrinkage of the fabric.
- Chintz. Washing temperature - up to 60 ° С. Aggressive powders under the ban - fade color. No intensive drying is allowed. A final rinse with weak vinegar will return the fabrics brightness.
- Jeans and Flax. From washing these fabrics soften and brighten. The brightness of things depends on the temperature at which to wash flax and cotton jeans. If you set 30-40 degrees, it minimizes the aggressiveness of the wash, and the porous fibers will not reject the dye and thin.
- Bike, flannel. These are heavy products of very dense weave (with almost no gaps) and with a smooth nap, so thorough rinsing of any powders is necessary. The flannel and the bike carry the washing in hot water well, but for their durability, a tablespoon of glycerin (per 10 liters of water) should be added to the powder for washing.
- Terry cloth. Its surface consists of unstable and irregular loops, it is stronger than the calico and absorbs water better. Quality products can withstand more than 500 washes, softened by moderate temperatures. Also recommended additional rinsing.
Sort colored fabrics
- Special means - for color products. For flannel and terry material, you can use any type of powder.
- 40 ° C - even with the most stable color do not increase this temperature for colored things.
- Do not rub or rub soiled colored fabric, it is better to soak it for a few minutes in a soapy solution, after which the dirt can be easily washed.
- Cold water - for heavily shedding cotton color products. Do not soak them - they will lose their brightness.
- Chlorine Free Stain Removers - good for removing stains from colored things. They also refresh white products with multi-colored embroidery.
So, before washing, you should sort the cotton products, as well as select synthetic items - cotton fibers are tousled from synthetics and form untidy pellets.
Rule 2. Machine washable
How to wash clothes in a washing machine in order not to damage them and not to spoil them?
Preparation for washing
Before washing it is necessary:
- Fasten and turn inside out all clothes.
- Shake out trash from the corners bed linen.
- Duvet covers wash separately or put in special bags. Then other things will not get inside the hole in the duvet cover. Otherwise, their accumulation is badly washed out.
- Things should be about the same in weight. - their uneven distribution makes it difficult to spin.
- Small items spread out in groups on the nets.
Modern industry has developed effective washing programs on the machine: the function of prewash, soaking. In this case, the old dirt on cotton things soaks, then it is easier to wash off.
The powder is placed immediately in two compartments: for soaking and for the main wash. And at what temperature to wash cotton - we determine according to the degree of contamination of the linen: the higher it is, the cleaner the linen will become.
But at what temperature is it better to wash T-shirts and products with the addition of synthetic threads? There is enough and + 40 ° C. To disinfect newborn items, always wash them at the maximum temperature, that is, +90 ° C.
Machine wash modes
How to wash colored things in a washing machine, on which mode? Modern washing machines are equipped with variations of the program "Cotton". Therefore, there is always a choice between the gentle “Colored cotton” and the intensive “Highly polluted cotton”.
Some washing machines are designed for manual temperature setting without specifying the type of fabric. So, look at the clothing label, at what temperature wash cotton.
Models of machines offer a different duration of washing. For example, water heating up to 90 ° C will be longer than up to 40 ° C. However, the standard program "Cotton" is longer than for other materials.
Cotton Fabric Remedies
The priority is a special powder for colored cotton. His instruction will help to achieve the best effect. Powder enzymes (biological additives) will quickly remove organic pollution.
|Illustration||List of effective means|
Special powder for colored fabrics:
Color laundry wash tablets:
From the pill you need to remove the film, then place it in the cuvette of the washing machine.
Rule 3. How to remove heavy pollution?
Fresh stain is easier to withdraw. But first you should conduct a test on the durability of the dyes and their response to the purchased stain remover. This tool is applied to the inconspicuous edge of clothing and rinsed after 5 minutes. If the fabric sheds, you must abandon the purchased stain remover.
It is better to use a stain remover for colored clothes, it has a softer effect on natural fabric. After such treatment, wash the whole thing, then rinse thoroughly. In this case, the remains of the stain will be completely eliminated, and the reagent itself will be washed.
There are also various folk ways of getting rid of stains. However, the use of these "great-grandmothers" (salt, borax, turpentine) is now successfully replacing stain removers.
It is worth considering whether it is possible to wash cotton with these old technologies, if you are allergic to modern powders, the desire to preserve the color and quality of organic cotton. In this case, such funds are priority.
Folk cotton cleansing methods
- Rubbing with soap - An old and proven technology for removing stubborn stains. Rub the cloth with a wet piece of soap and leave for 10 minutes. Scrub the stain with your own hands and rinse under running water.
- Cold saline - withstir a tablespoon of salt and 3 liters of water. Soak handkerchiefs and organic stains. Cold soaking will not affect shrinkage.
- Soak. Soaked colored clothing for 10 minutes soak in a basin with warm soapy water. And for white bedding and tablecloths, increase the soaking time to a few hours. Next, wash the thing as usual. Just keep in mind that cotton sits when washed in hot water.
- Whitening Hydrogen peroxide is a powerful oxidizing agent. Prepare the solution: 50 ml of peroxide in 5 liters of water. The exposure time is 2 hours.
- Rinsing in acetic solution: tablespoon per 5 liters of water. The softness and brightness of the cotton product will increase.
Rule 4 How to dry and iron?
Another important question is, does cotton sit after washing? Machine drying with 100% cotton products is not suitable, as is drying on the battery. This heat will cause the fabric to shrink. It is better to dry at a temperature not higher than room temperature.
The way to make soft and fluffy terry towels - hold them wet for 2-3 hours in the freezer. Then ice crystals of ice spread the fibers apart. This will increase the hygroscopicity and softness of the product.
- No need to twist clothes before drying.
- Spread the folds of the wash - shake the wet product. Things to give shape.
- Drying clothes is better in a ventilated space., hiding from the sun.
- Do not overdry clothes - if excessive moisture is lost, natural fabric will become fragile.
- Ironing easier slightly wet product iron with humidifier.
- Hang items on a hanger. to cool after ironing.
Does cotton pull? Cotton knitwear can really stretch. Therefore, it should be dried on the table. It is better to hang the washed dry cotton clothes on the hangers so as not to crease.
Now you are armed with knowledge on care of cotton products, and do not allow annoying mistakes. Watch another video in this article, a good example is always useful. And in the comments leave your tips and questions, I will be glad to help.
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we send the most interesting material that you have not yet seen
We already read 32 500 people. Join us!