1 We put everything on the shelves
- 1.1 Socks
- 1.2 Skirts
- 1.3 T-shirts and T-shirts
- 1.4 Jumpers, blouses and shirts
- 1.5 Jeans
- 2 Storage of bed linen in the closet
3 Arrangement of space in the wardrobe
- 3.1 Stage 1. Exempt from unnecessary
- 3.2 Stage 2. Sorting
- 3.3 Stage 3. Parsing hangers
- 3.4 Stage 4. Fold in the closet
- 4 Useful accessories
- 5 Finally
Almost every one of us thought about how to organize the storage of things in the closet, rather than dumping all of your wardrobe on the floor in search of your favorite blouse. I would like to dedicate my article to this topic. In it, I will tell you how to quickly and compactly fold things and share the secrets of convenient arrangement of shelves in the closet.
We put everything on the shelves
If you are used to folding an item at random and just shoving it back into the closet - do not be surprised that in a few days chaos will reign in it. And I'm not talking about the fact that many wardrobe items will quickly hesitate and lose their fresh look.
I will start with the basics, namely with instructions on how to properly fold some types of clothing.
Someone used to push socks into one another, someone - to fold them into a ball. None of these methods can not be called compact. Instead, I suggest choosing one of the two:
- You can gently fold a pair of socks on each other and twist them into a tight roll. After that, wear a thin elastic band on it. Folded socks compactly fit in any shuhlyad.
- Put one sock on another, mentally divide it into three parts. First wrap the inside with a rubber band, then the part with the toe. Thread the sock into the gum and you get a miniature envelope.
To keep the skirt in the closet so that it does not crease much easier than you thought. In this case, it is not necessary to use a hanger. It is enough to fold the skirt in half lengthwise, then roll it into an improvised roll.
T-shirts and T-shirts
The ability to fold things beautifully and quickly is a real art. I share with you one rapid method:
- Spread the shirt on a flat surface;
- mentally draw two lines through it: one in the center across the T-shirt, the second in the middle of the longitudinal seam on the shoulder;
- mark the point of intersection of imaginary lines and hold it with your left hand;
- grab the T-shirt with your right hand over the middle of the seam on the shoulder;
- holding the “X” place with your left hand, attach the right hand to the bottom of the T-shirt and clasp its edge;
- slowly stick out your left hand without letting go of the matter.
This way will help you fold your T-shirt in less than 10 seconds.
Jumpers, blouses and shirts
This express method fits T-shirts perfectly, but is completely inappropriate for shirts or blouses.. To cope with this type of clothing will help the following instructions:
- To begin, carefully iron your favorite shirt or blouse and let it cool.
- Button all the buttons and put the jacket on its face.
- First wrap one sleeve parallel to the shirt, then repeat the procedure with the second one.
- Mentally divide the shirt into three transverse lines. First wrap the bottom of the shirt inside, then the center one.
That's all! Thus, you can put almost any thing without the risk of beating it.
The jeans packing mechanism is even simpler. First of all, remove the belt, and empty the pockets of all that is superfluous. Fold the jeans along, straighten them, removing any folds.
Then fold across, applying the bottom edge to the belt. And once again roll the pants in half.
Storage of bed linen in the closet
In the wardrobe in addition to everyday things often store linens. So I would like to tell you how to do this most conveniently.
- You can start with ironing linen. I do not argue, this option is not suitable for everyone. But if you still want the bed to seem softer and more pleasant to the touch, you should take up the iron.
To make the laundry have a pleasant aroma, you can add a drop of your favorite aroma oil to the water to steam it..
- Before ironing any element from the kit, shake it well. Such a simple manipulation will help to avoid unnecessary folds.
- If you decide to skip the moment of ironing, then this item is for you. Sort the kits according to their seasonality (yes, this trick is suitable not only for clothes). For the summer, leave the bed of light fabrics (silk or cotton), and for the winter use insulated materials.
- Now it's time to start laying. There are plenty of options.
- First, you can put all the sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases in separate stacks. True, this method is suitable if you have about 10 sets. Then you can combine bedding with different colors.
- Secondly, one of the most original and tidy ways is to store the entire kit in a pillow case from it. Thus, all the clothes will look very neat and will not interfere.
- Thirdly, you can put the laundry in a pile and tie it with a beautiful ribbon. It looks very elegant.
Arrangement of space in the wardrobe
Knowing how to fold this or that thing is certainly useful, but it is not enough to use every inch of the closet. Since the majority live in apartments with a small square, this skill will come in handy.
Stage 1. Exempt from unnecessary
Any storage system begins with one important stage - getting rid of all unnecessary. Act ruthlessly, no thoughts that someday you will wear that narrow dress that has been gathering dust on the shelf for two years now.
Each accessory must pass a strict selection, leave only what you really wear. With the rest will have to say goodbye - give things to friends, to the commission store, and even better for charity.
Stage 2. Sorting
You can sort things by many criteria, but I would recommend starting with their seasonality. Conditionally divide the shelves in a regular closet or in a closet into the "southern" and "northern".
On the most "running" shelves lay warm or light things (depending on the weather outside the window). Separately lay out things that can be worn both in winter and summer, for example, a jacket with buttons. It will perfectly warm in spring thunderstorms, and in winter it is perfect for a turtleneck.
Stage 3. Parsing hangers
Nobody argues with the fact that one hanger for a separate thing is convenient. That's just not everyone can afford this luxury. In such cases, things can be stored on hangers as follows:
- Store your favorite wardrobe items from delicate fabrics in separate cases;
- for greater convenience, you can place things on hangers for their color range;
- for delicate matters it is better to use soft hangers.
Stage 4. Fold in the closet
The last stage of the wardrobe arrangement is placing the already folded clothes along the shelves. Follow these guidelines:
- Close to the wall of the closet, put things that do not correspond to the season.
- Do not be lazy and always fold your wardrobe according to the methods outlined above. So they will occupy less space.
- For various small things, whether socks, underwear or T-shirts, it is better to select a separate box.
- On the lower shelves it is worthwhile to place dresses, shirts or trousers that you wear on exceptional occasions. At the top - you can allocate a place for things that you wear, though not daily, but more often than on holidays.
Placing things in the lockers with your own hands can be greatly simplified by using additional accessories:
- Kofr. This is a suspended textile shelf, with which vertical storage of things is carried out. Trunks are hung on the crossbar in the closet or on the door. They are very convenient to contain shoes, scarves, scarves or even belts.
- Universal hanger. An indispensable accessory for women who adore silk scarves, belts and scarves. It is enough to fix the functional hanger on the wall of the cabinet and you no longer have to think about where to store your favorite textile decorations.
- Shoe organizers. In the absence of a storage room, numerous pairs of shoes can occupy most of the space in the closet. You can solve the problem in one of the following ways.
- Use stylish boxes for shelves in the closet. They can also be installed on the bottom of the wardrobe (so even more practical). Think of any stickers with the name of the shoe model, so as not to look for the right pair for a long time.
- For summer and spring shoes (ballet shoes, moccasins, shale) buy special hinged covers.
- At the bottom of the cabinet, you can install a special bookcase under shoes.
With these practical accessories, you will forget once and for all the question of how to lay out things in a closet conveniently.
Now, thanks to the advice given, you know how to sort and stack things correctly. By adhering to these simple recommendations, you will ensure perfect order and comfort in your closet. You can improve your knowledge by viewing the video in this article.
I hope my material has become a useful guide to action for you. Share your progress in the comments below.
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we send the most interesting material that you have not yet seen
We already read 32 500 people. Join us!