Medical workers should always look "with a needle". White suits and robes require constant care. It is important not only to look neat, but also to protect the fabric from rapid wear.
How correctly to wash a medical dressing gown at home? From the article you will not only learn how to gently wash, but also learn how to properly bleach and dry work clothes.
Content of the material:
1Laundry of medical clothes at home
- 1.1Than to erase
1.2How to bleach
- 1.2.1How to Starch things
- 1.2.2Soft way
- 1.3How to iron properly
Laundry of medical clothes at home
It should be borne in mind that clothes soiled with blood are immediately disposed of. If you work with biologically hazardous substances, your things are also subject to special treatment and disinfection.
Attention! Wash medical clothes should be held separately from everyday.
How to wash a white coat at home and not spoil it?
If the fabric is heavily soiled, pre-soak it for half an hour in cool water with a detergent.
- Dressing gowns and suits made of cotton and mixed fabrics are washed at a temperature of 60 degrees in the standard mode. It is important that on a white coat there are no color fringes, otherwise it can shed.
- Combined suits of different colors correctly washed in cool water at 40 degrees to avoid molting. If the suit consists of white trousers and a dark jacket - separate them into separate washings.
- Things with buttons, large buttons, zippers need to be buttoned and turned inside out.
Adhering to these simple rules, you will always keep your clothes clean.
Is it possible to erase a medical mask? Yes, but only together with the suit, cleaning things from ordinary contaminants. Before downloading, see if there is a label on the clothes: there the manufacturer indicates the temperature and the washing schedule.
Than to erase
When you need to remove common dirt, use a universal detergent. Soaking with a solution of fir oil will also help.
Most health workers boil their clothes with chlorine. However, over time, such things lose shape and strength. Suit after bleach easily tears.
How to wash complex spots of biological origin? Use a disinfectant powder.
Head washing. Effective disinfectant. Does not contain chlorine. Used for things made of cotton, linen, synthetics. Helps cope with blood stains, bacteria and viruses of ARVI, poliomyelitis, herpes, HIV, influenza.
Lion Top Hygia. Liquid antibacterial powder, suitable for all types of fabrics. Destroys bacteria and prevents the formation of new ones. Completely removes all odors, does not contain phosphate additives and surfactants.
How to bleach
Before buying whitening agents, carefully study the composition. The remedy should be suitable for your type of tissue. To return the clothes to a snow-white look, you can use folk methods.
- For cotton fabric, you can use "Belize". Pre-soak the bathrobe in cold water, then pour a dose of bleach. After a few minutes rinse the clothes. "Belize" is recommended not to be used more than once a month.
- To bleach not too polluted dressing gown will help laundry soap. Rub the thing with soap and leave to soak in warm water for the night. Then rub and rinse the product.
- To return the whiteness to the suit, soak it in a solution of water and lemon juice (2 lemons for 10 liters of water).
- You can prepare bleach yourself for synthetics.
For 10 liters of water, dilute 6 tablespoons. salt, 50 g of detergent, 3 tbsp peroxide (3%), 1 tbsp. alcohol. The water temperature should not exceed 40 degrees. It is enough to hold things in a solution for 30 minutes. Otherwise, the tissues can be damaged, lose strength.
- Whitening effect and removal of complex contaminants can be entrusted to peroxide and ammonia. Ammonia alcohol also softens water.
In 10 liters of water, dilute 5 teaspoons. peroxide and 6 tablespoons. alcohol. Soak things for 2 hours.
There are contaminants that are difficult to remove with ordinary powder. Many people are interested in how to wash the handle - alcohol and peroxide are coping well with such spots.
How to Starch things
Starched clothes become more dense and perfectly keeps the shape. But if you overdo it, the fabric will not let air through. For everyday wear it is enough to starch collars and cuffs.
Poured boiled water is poured into the basin, with which the solution is mixed. To cook it, dilute the necessary amount of starch in a glass of water (1 teaspoon per 1 liter). For a stronger effect, add more starch.
It is necessary to soak a thing in the solution.
There is a faster way to treat the tissue with a solution from a spray gun.
How to iron properly
First, dry the clothes on the shoulders. Drying is best done outdoors, but away from the open sun.
You can iron a medical dressing gown in the usual way. The temperature depends on the type of tissue. Try not to starch and dry clothes too much, otherwise it will be difficult to iron.
There is nothing difficult in the care of medical clothes. The main thing is to stick to safety techniques.