Vacuum cleaners for the car must be powerful enough to cope not only with dust, but also with pet hair. If we consider devices for ordinary cleaning, you can purchase an inexpensive model. If professional cleaning is required, you should consider units operating in the dry and wet cleaning mode. To figure out which vacuum cleaner for a car is better, the recommendations described in detail in the article will help.
The content of the article
Main selection criteria
- Power type
- Suction power
- Cleaning type
- Set of nozzles
- Rating of the best models
Main selection criteria
It is not difficult to figure out which is better to buy a car vacuum cleaner. The device should be compact and at the same time powerful enough. It is important to pay attention to the type of power supply, battery life and other criteria described below.
Vacuum cleaners for cars can work both from the battery and from the cigarette lighter. Depending on this parameter, 3 types are distinguished:
- Rechargeable - the most popular device. Powered by a battery that can be charged from the mains. Cordless, compact and lightweight. A full charge is enough for 20-30 minutes of continuous cleaning.
- Another option for choosing a car vacuum cleaner is a device powered by a cigarette lighter. The advantages are obvious - such models do not require charging and can be used at any time. At the same time, the suction power is very good, which allows you to cope with any pollution.
- The combined type can work both from the battery and by connecting to the cigarette lighter. It is more expensive, usually used in car dealerships, garages with several cars.
The best car vacuum cleaner should be powerful enough to clean the interior of dirt as efficiently as possible. According to this criterion, all devices can be divided into 2 groups:
- Low-power devices with an indicator of 20-75 watts. They carry out simple cleaning within 15-30 minutes. They clean well only from small debris, crumbs, dust.
- Powerful units with an indicator of 75-180 watts. They clean the interior of even the toughest dirt. Sand and pet hair are particularly well absorbed.
Another criterion that helps to understand which car vacuum cleaner to choose is the type of cleaning. There are 2 classes of devices:
- The most common vacuum cleaners that operate in dry cleaning mode. They are equipped with a special container for garbage, which is periodically cleaned as it is full. They also often have a built-in HEPA type filter that traps even small dust particles.
- The model for wet cleaning is ideal for general cleaning in the cabin. Such units not only suck up dust, but also literally wash the interior, for example, from spilled coffee. They can also be used to remove excess moisture from the rug.
Set of nozzles
When studying the question of which vacuum cleaner is better to choose for a car, you need to pay attention to the set of nozzles. Many models are equipped not only with standard, but also with other brushes:
- crevice (removes debris in inaccessible corners);
- for floors, rugs;
- for cleaning on the surface of the upholstery of chairs;
- a special turbo nozzle easily removes villi, wool;
- There is also a nozzle that removes the remaining liquid.
Rating of the best models
If you study the technical parameters, as well as customer reviews, you can make such an overview of car vacuum cleaners that are optimal in terms of price and quality:
- BLACK+DECKER NV1210AV – a convenient model with a 5 m cable. Dust falls into a transparent container, which allows you to assess the level of fullness at any time. The kit includes crevice nozzles, a hard brush specifically for chairs, as well as a separate brush for cleaning the instrument panel. 2 filters are installed, operating in the fine and coarse cleaning mode. Weighing only 1 kg, the device is compact and convenient. 2 year manufacturer's warranty.
- Airline CYCLONE-2 – compact vacuum cleaner with good suction power of 4000 Pa. Equipped with a 4 m cable and a compact 500 ml dust container. Works in fine and coarse cleaning mode thanks to the HEPA filter. The kit includes a hose and nozzles that can be rotated in any direction.
- AVS Turbo PA-1007 – medium power device (120 W), works both from the battery and from the cigarette lighter. Suitable for daily cleaning from ordinary dust, but may not be able to cope with wool and lint. Equipped with a 3.5 m cable, as well as a convenient blowing function. If you need to understand how to choose the best car vacuum cleaner at an affordable price, it is recommended to pay attention to this particular model.
- Kitfort KT-537 - an advanced model with a cyclone filter. Thanks to this, the dust completely settles in the 400 ml dust container and does not fly out of the container. The filter is reusable, it can be washed and used again. Weight is only 850 g, while the length of the cord is 4.5 m.
- Golden Snail GS 9214 - compact model, powered by a cigarette lighter. Very convenient, there is only 1 button in the control panel. The vacuum cleaner is equipped with a crevice nozzle, a flexible hose, a brush, and a special nozzle that quickly inflates mattresses, swim rings and other similar products.
It is easy to understand how a car vacuum cleaner works. The device is connected to a power source, adjust the power and press the start button. To choose the right model, you need to study the technical specifications, as well as additional parameters, such as the length of the power cord. It will not be superfluous to study the brand and reviews - this will help to purchase a durable device of high-quality assembly.