How to choose the right modern dryer for clothes
How to choose a dryer for clothes? Is it necessary or is it possible to do without it? What types of modern models exist and how do they differ? There are many questions, so we begin to understand.
- 1Types of dryers
- 2Advantages and disadvantages of electric dryers
- 3How to choose the best device for drying things?
Types of dryers
You can consider many of the classification features of dryers for laundry, but the main one is the principle of work. According to this criterion, there are:
- stationary non-electric dryers;
- electric dryers.
The task of those and those devices is to use the area to dry things rationally. In non-electric dryers, products dry up under the influence of temperature in the room in which the device is located. In electric appliances, they are also affected by the temperature-induced temperature, so that the products dry much faster.
Electric dryers appeared on a free sale not so long ago. By design today, they, like stationary analogs, can be:
- outdoor (the most mobile version, a large range of sizes and shapes);
- wall (length approx. 1 m, permissible load - 15 kg);
- ceiling (classical length of 1-2 m, withstands a load of up to 35 kg).
An electric dryer can be purchased today in an original, unconventional form. It is a model similar to a floor hanger, on top of which a cover is put on. In such models, clothes dry quickly and do not need ironing.
Advantages and disadvantages of electric dryers
In favor of these electrical devices say the following points:
- fast drying speed of laundry;
- the fabrics do not dry out, they have a fresh smell, as when drying in fresh air;
- compact and mobile (although many conventional dryers are easy to fold and have small dimensions);
- built-in power regulator, which allows you to adjust the heating depending on the fabric (there are not in all electrical models);
- The presence of additional options, such as an ultraviolet lamp or an air ionizer.
But there are modern electric dryers and significant drawbacks:
- they additionally expend electricity and depend on the voltage drops in the network;
- can be installed only in rooms where electricity is provided or where it is possible to use a carry-over;
- the possibility of getting burned, especially by children (although in many models the temperature is set in a safe contact range of 50-60C).
Electric appliances for drying clothes are sometimes compared with towel warmers, but unlike them, they do not require circulation of the water flow and can easily be moved.
How to choose the best device for drying things?
Before you begin to learn how to choose a dryer for laundry, you need to analyze these points:
- what area and in which room are you willing to sacrifice for its installation (storage);
- Are you ready to incur additional costs for electricity (average energy consumption - 1 kW per hour);
- whether you have the ability to provide access to the current location where you plan to install the dryer;
- consider that the electric model for drying clothes reproduces noise;
- whether you need additional options for the dryer or you are ready to save on them and, accordingly, choose a cheaper model;
- if you plan to install a dryer on the balcony, if there is no glazing on it, you need to choose a non-electric model;
- when installing an electrical model on the balcony, it is worthwhile to consider a waterproof outlet - this is a necessary condition for the normal and safe operation of the device;
- for the correct functioning of the electric model on the balcony (loggia), a perfectly flat floor is required, which will allow the heating elements to evenly warm up;
- how much laundry do you plan to dry for 1 time (as a rule, this volume is limited by the capacity of the drum of the washing machine and how often the owner uses it.
For non-electric options, the material from which they are made should be an important criterion in choosing. Since these devices are in direct contact with the wet laundry, they can quickly rust and, accordingly, fail. It is better to choose models with a protective anticorrosive coating or from stainless alloys.
What kind of dryer for clothes to buy depends largely on its design. Modern models not only do not violate the general style of the interior, but even decorate it. Today, you can choose a model with an imitation of ivory, or choose the option in the tone of furniture, plumbing. Functional models remain that can be added when there is no need for them. In a number of stationary versions, there is a pallet for collecting moisture, which drains from the laundry..