To understand which ice cream maker is better to buy for your home, you need to study the types of appliances and the main technical characteristics of a particular model. There are semi-automatic and automatic devices. The former only stir the cream, while the latter also cool. However, each device has its own strengths and weaknesses. An overview of the most popular models suitable for home use is presented in the article.
The content of the article
- Nemox Gelato NXT-1
- Gastrorag ICM-1518
- Kitfort KT-1804
- Steba IC 20
Nemox Gelato NXT-1
This is an automatic model with a touch screen and convenient controls that even a child can handle. Gives you the opportunity to get up to 1.5 liters of ice cream in just 30 minutes. After cooking, the device automatically enters the storage mode. This makes it possible to maintain a low temperature for 8 hours in any place, even without a refrigerator.
Another plus is that you can make ice cream of almost any consistency. Moreover, the device works well even in hot weather of 33-35 degrees, the maximum ambient temperature is 43 degrees Celsius.
Other benefits include:
- automatic change of cooking time depending on the density of the original raw materials and external temperature;
- protective system that protects the engine from overheating;
- sound and color indication notifying of the completion of the process;
- stylish design - you can choose from 4 colors.
But there are also some disadvantages:
- if you use a removable container, then it is necessary to pour water with dissolved salt or alcohol into the main (non-removable) tank;
- the device weighs more than 12 kg;
- the price is quite high (although the device is reliable and, if the instructions are followed, it lasts much longer than the warranty period);
- warm air comes from the sides, however, this minus is associated with the operation of all automatic ice cream makers, as well as refrigeration units.
This automatic type model works with 150W power. Equipped with a durable housing made of stainless steel. The capacity for the finished product is 1.5 liters. The stirrer is removable, made of plastic. Can work at external temperature up to +30оС.
Key features and benefits:
- easy operation (display with 3 buttons);
- simple cleaning;
- there is a timer up to 60 minutes with an interval of 10 minutes;
- after cooking, the frost lasts up to 1 hour;
- a system of indicators is provided;
- affordable price.
If we talk about the minuses, we can highlight the following points:
- ready-made ice cream can be cooled for no more than 1 hour;
- the consistency of the finished product is moderately dense - if you need more hardness, you should send it to the freezer for 1-1.5 hours.
This is an inexpensive semi-automatic ice cream maker. It performs only the function of mixing, but it spends very little energy - within 12 watts. The volume of the bowl is 3 liters - this allows you to get ice cream in large quantities.
But since the device does not have a compressor with cooling, the bowl must be kept in the freezer before cooking (preferably put overnight). Nevertheless, the model under consideration has several advantages:
- affordable price;
- there is a timer for up to 45 minutes;
- touch screen control;
- the bowl is removable, it is easy to wash it;
- compact dimensions - within 24 cm for each parameter;
- The set includes a spoon, as well as a brochure with recipes.
However, there are disadvantages. As already mentioned, the bowl must be cooled before use. Another disadvantage is that the motor is not protected from overheating. Therefore, the consistency of the feedstock should not be too dense - only liquid mixtures are allowed to be poured.
Steba IC 20
Another semi-automatic model that allows you to get up to 1.5 liters of finished product. Differs in compact dimensions - only 15 cm in height and the same in diameter. The device has a mechanical timer for 30 minutes. At the same time, the lid covering the bowl is transparent, so the process can be seen at each stage, which allows you to control it.
- light weight (less than 3 kg);
- the design is completely disassembled, easy to transport;
- affordable price;
- made of quality plastic.
Of the shortcomings, we can only name that the warranty period is 1 year (some models have 2 years). But if you handle the device carefully, it will last much longer.
Thus, it is best to purchase an automatic ice cream maker. It allows you to get ice cream in just half an hour. But they are quite expensive. Therefore, you can buy a semi-automatic device at a more affordable price.