This article will be an assistant to those who have not yet decided which variety of cucumbers to choose for planting in a vegetable garden or country house, in the open ground or in a greenhouse. There are many varieties, hybrids with fruits of different sizes, shapes, textures. We will talk about the F1 hybrid. In recent years he is very popular among truck farmers. Type in the search engine "cucumbers Herman photo reviews" - you will see how many gardeners who have already tested this variety, praise it, even with pleasure share the photo of their harvest..
Cucumbers German F1 is a hybrid, bred in Holland. Has both positive and negative qualities, marked by truck farmers.
From positive it is possible to note that Herman F1 early begins to bear fruit. Hybrid refers to the ultra-fast-ridden. It will take less than 40 days from the time of emergence and you can pick the first fruits.
The pluses also include high yields. If you follow the farming techniques of cultivation, you can get more than 20 kg from 1 sq. Km. m.
The fruiting period lasts from the beginning of June to the middle of September..
You can also note the ideal size of the greenery - 8-10 cm, excellent taste without bitterness. It is a good variety for canning, pickling. The presentation persists for several weeks.
Hermann F1 - a hybrid beam, that is, the fruit tied with bundles of 6-7 pieces, parthenocarpic - does not require pollination by bees..
An important advantage of this variety is their resistance to various diseases, such as mosaic, powdery mildew, fusarium wilt.
Unfortunately, Hermann F1 has several disadvantages. They are not many, but they are better to know, so as not to be disappointed with growing.
Firstly, if you are going to grow them through seedlings, then know that this hybrid does not tolerate the pick, the transplant - the plant is weak in the seedling stage. Therefore, plant German seeds immediately in sufficiently spacious containers, so that the root system is not damaged when planted in a permanent place. Otherwise the seedling will be ill for a long time, it can not take root.
Secondly, this hybrid is unstable to frost, so it is recommended to plant them in the ground at an air temperature of not less than 18 degrees.
Thirdly, Hermann cucumbers are amenable to massive rust damage - because of this, sometimes only the first crop can be harvested. Rust is a fungal disease. Well showed in the fight against these fungus drug Funadozol. Do not wait for the first signs of the appearance of this disease - even Funadozol can not cope with it when the process has already gone. Try to get ahead. If spring or early summer are rainy, treat until the ovaries appear. And if the cucumbers are already hanging, then I warn that it is possible to consume them after the treatment with Funadazole only after 7 days..
But do not worry, with proper care, Herman F1 will bring you joy and satisfaction.
This is what garden farmers write in the reviews and comments:.
- German F1 does not have bitterness at all. They do not deteriorate, do not turn yellow, they are remarkably preserved. A very long fruit, I gathered in the greenhouse until the coldest harvest.
- This is the best of all varieties of cucumbers that I have tried. Early rises, many fruits, not sick, all fruits of the same size and shape.
- Herman is excellent. Self-pollinates, fructifies all summer and early autumn, the fruits do not turn yellow. Sometimes difficult to plant, because their seedlings are weak, but here the main thing with temperature is guessing.
- We plant it 3 years in a row, very satisfied. Preserve these cucumbers is a pleasure, they are hard, crunchy. We also use this grade for sale.
- I advise everyone to Herman! The Dutch withdrew this hybrid and it has perfectly taken root in the middle lane. Sometimes, however, rust is slightly amenable, but if properly taken care of, this trouble can be avoided. It is necessary to plant it very carefully, so as not to damage it. Landing only at temperatures above 17-18 degrees above zero.
Summarizing, we can say that the process of growing Herman is a painstaking, hard work, but it is very interesting and is rewarded in full..