Electrolux (Electrolux) dishwashers are widely distributed in the CIS market, including in Russia. Despite the fact that these PMM are of high quality, they break with an enviable periodicity.
Before proceeding with the repair of the dishwasher, it is worthwhile to look into the causes of the malfunctions in order to understand whether it is worth solving the problem yourself or better to contact the service. About typical breakdowns, the reasons for their appearance and the intricacies of repairing dishwashers "Electrolux" you will learn further.
Electrolux PMM error codes are collected and described in detail in a separate article.
Content of the material:
- 1The reasons for the breakdown of Electrolux dishwasher
2How to repair a dishwasher
- 2.1The drain or jammed path was blocked
- 2.2Problems of heating water
- 2.3The specified program does not execute
- 2.4Poor washing quality
The reasons for the breakdown of Electrolux dishwasher
Malfunctions of the dishwasher brand "Electrolux" are rarely caused by factory marriage, although this probability can not be discarded. But more often in the occurrence of failures the users themselves are guilty (violation of the rules of installation and operation) and independent factors, force majeure.
Let's consider the frequent reasons for the failure of these dishwashers:
- The culprits of the fact that PMM broke down may bejam.
- The dishwasher does not work or does not heat water because ofpower surge.
- Failures can occur due toweak electricians. Poor wiring - the problem of dishwashers of this brand. Moreover, everything at the plant can be good, and contacts and wires burn already when the machine is used.
- Problems with the efficiency of the washing process can be associated withincorrect installation, user intervention (children bent the hose),violation of the rules of operation(washing too dirty dishes, using non-professional household chemicals), etc.
To understand what the breakdown is, Electrolux dishwashers are equipped with a modern self-diagnosis system for breakdowns. Having found the problem, the machine itself signals it to the user, displaying error codes on the screens.
Having decided with a problem and understanding what caused it, you can start repairing - independently or with the help of a master.
How to repair a dishwasher
We will not consider all cases of PMM faults - there may be dozens of them. Let's analyze how to eliminate such typical failures:
- blockage of the drain or flood system;
- problems with heating water;
- failure to execute the specified program;
- poor quality of washing.
The drain or jammed path was blocked
This breakdown can be attributed to the system, as it is typical not only for the machines "Electrolux".
The degree of filling with dirty nozzles, hoses and filters depends on the quality of the water that is supplied from the water pipe. The worse the water, the faster the clogging. If there are too many minerals in your water supply system, they will quickly build up the filter from the inside, because of which it will suddenly clog.
In this case, it will not be difficult to repair the machine, even if you decide to act on your own.
Important! To avoid the recurrence of this failure, do not forget to remove the filter from time to time and clean it from the coating.
If the water is too hard, treat the machine as closely as possible: check all the elements of the jellied system - filters, nozzles and hose. It should be done like this:
- shut off the flow of water into the system by closing the tap-tee;
- unscrew the water intake hose together with the filter * from the tap-tee and from the PMM housing;
- remove a small flow filter (located at the point of twisting the hose with the body of equipment);
- flush both filters and hose (if to wash out hard, clean with a special brush) and set back.
* Often, users, along with the installation of the dishwasher, provide for a small flow filter located on the side of the faucet. If it is installed, the blockages will only be in the filter fixed on the PMM body.
Important! If you use different water softeners, then in this case they are inefficient, since they protect only internal parts, and to the filters and hoses have nothing to do.
If we talk about the garbage filter, as well as the hose and drainage pipe - their clogs are more frequent. Repairers advise cleaning at least twice a month, and with intensive operation of the machine - every 4 weeks. Prevention can be prevented by prevention, which is described in detail in the instructions to your PMM model.
In short, the rules are as follows:
- Before you load the dishes, the food remains to be removed;
- household chemicals should be selected carefully, focusing on funds from leading brands;
- it is necessary to control the level of regenerating salt;
- After each use, inspect the filters and clean them if necessary.
On a note! You can clean the remaining parts of the drain system using special tools. Choose the right composition, fill it with a machine, run a single sink and the clogs disappear. If it does not help, you need a disassembly, for which it is worthwhile to attract a master.
Problems of heating water
Malfunctions in which water is not heated, touch the heater, sensors and even the control board. The "Electrolux" dishwashers are a "gentle" technique, sensitive to voltage surges in the network, which is typical for Russia's power grids.
If you do not have an automatic and stabilizer installed, the dishwasher can easily fall victim to another low or high voltage. In the most iridescent perspective, only the fuse will suffer, and if it does not, the triacs on the control unit may burn.
To repair such a breakdown, you need:
- make a partial disassembly of the case;
- check the heater (TEN), its contacts and wiring;
- check the serviceability of the module, find the faulty element and replace it with a similar one (solder the board).
We recommend that you instruct the diagnostician and all repairs to a good master, especially if you see an ohmmeter and wiring diagram for the first time. Independent intervention can turn bad, so do not risk expensive equipment.
The specified program does not execute
If the dishwasher freezes during washing, do not worry - this is a universal phenomenon. In 50% of cases helps reboot. Do this:
- unplug the machine from the mains;
- wait 10-15 seconds (can be more);
- start the dishwasher.
If the program is not hanging for the first time, and this is a systematic phenomenon, the factory marriage of the electronic board is not excluded. The module often costs as half of the dishwasher itself, so do not recommend dismantling it yourself, especially if the warranty period has not expired yet.
Repair the machine under warranty or refer to a certified mechanic.
Do not panic, the case described above is a rarity. The machine for washing can hang on a number of other, less labor-consuming in repair reasons:
- failure of the aqua-sensor;
- malfunctioning of the pressure switch;
- breakage of other sensors.
The instability of the electrical network can also be to blame for the occurrence of such problems. Therefore, before dismantling the dishwasher, we advise you to deal with electricity in the house.
Poor washing quality
If the washing machine "Electrolux" does not cope with its tasks and badly washes dishes, then this can serve for several reasons.
Typically, machines begin to wash badly if water or a dishwashing detergent hardly gets into the system. To make sure that the remedy is okay, look into the cuvette - if it left a pill or some of the powder, then the feed system failed.
When washing without water (or water is supplied in insufficient volume), this fact is also easy to establish: the machine will report an error using the code on the display. Or, at the end of the program, dry and dirty dishes will be waiting for you. Check the following nodes:
- whether there is water in the water supply network;
- Do not hose and filters hanging in the water intake system;
- whether the fill valve works;
- Is the valve regulating the supply of detergents OK?
- correctness of loading of means for washing in PMM.
In conclusion, we note that with the breakdown of the Electrolux dishwasher, repairs can cause some difficulties. In some cases it will be possible to confine yourself to self-repair - clean the filter, inspect the hose or replace the detergent. Successful use!