The dishwasher can work without failures from 8 to 10 years. But there are also breakdowns, among which is the lack of water heating. This is due to a malfunction of the heater. The PMM device is simple, so you can replace the TEN in a dishwasher with your own hands. How to check and replace the element, consider below.
Content of the material:
- 1Causes of failure of the heating element
2How to be sure of a breakdown
- 2.1Types of heaters
- 3How to replace the heater
Causes of failure of the heating element
Most often TEN in dishwashers Bosch, Ariston, Electrolux, Candy breaks due to overheating - it burns out. Manufacturers and experts recommend installing on the dishwasher flow filters, voltage regulators: necessary for long-term and safe operation.
Hard water in the pipes contributes to the formation of scale. Heavy limescale deposits on the internal parts of the PMM, including the heater. To avoid this, filters are used and addedspecial salt.
Uneven voltage in the network requiresstabilizer installations
If the heater fails, it can not be repaired, only replacement.
How to be sure of a breakdown
Modern models of "Bosch "Electrolux "Indesit "Ariston "Siemens" are equipped with a diagnostic system. As soon as the electronic board detects a malfunction in the PMM, immediately displays the error code on the display. But if the error does not appear on the screen, first check the temperature sensor:
- disconnect the bottom (for the embedded model) or the back panel (for a detached PMM);
- above the heating block is a thermal sensor (a circular element);
- inspect the part at the time of tanning or damage;
- electronic part (contacts) of the sensor, call the multimeter.
When draining the water, touch the drainage pipe with a hand. If it is warm, then the water heats up.
If everything is in order, we'll have to disassemble the dishwasher and diagnose the heater. Where is the heating element? Most often it is located on the side of the circulation pump.
Types of heaters
Depending on the brand and model of the dishwasher - Siemens, Indesit, Hotpoint Ariston - the heater can be:
- Flowing. Water passes through the heating tube, instantly reaching the optimum temperature.
- Tubular. Inside it is a spiral, which heats the water.
Important! When selecting a new part for the dishwasher, pay attention to the ENR number, which consists of letters and numbers. So you can buy a heater for your model PMM.
How to replace the heater
Prepare replacement parts. You may need a new heating unit, as well as a temperature sensor in case of a malfunction. From the tools you will need:
- Slotted and Phillips screwdrivers;
Before buying new items, make sure that the old heater is faulty. On the machines "Bosch "Electrolux "Indesit" TEN is not subject to a separate replacement, will have to remove the entire unit.
How to understand that you have an indivisible unit? Look at the fixtures. If there are screws or latches around the perimeter, then you can try to disassemble and remove the heater separately.
If the dishwasher has already served 8-10 years, it's easier to think about buying new equipment. After all, the heating unit costs from , 00 to 1, 00 rubles.
Proceed to dismantle and replace the part. Sequence of work:
- Unplug the machine from the connections, pull out the plug from the outlet.
- Open the tank door, remove all baskets and trays.
- Pulling up, remove the lower rocker arm.
- Unscrew the drain filter. Behind him can be a metal mesh, get it.
- Water can stand in the landing tank. Remove it with a sponge.
- Remove the five bolts securing the circulation pump.
- Place an old blanket or towel, turn the machine over the back or upside down.
- Remove the decorative bottom panel.
- Disconnect the bottom - it is fixed to the screws or snaps. Some models go without a cover. A float sensor can be attached to the bottom, if "Aquastop" is provided. Then unplug its wire and unscrew the fixing screw.
- A drain pump is connected to the heater side. Grab it with your hand and turn it counter-clockwise.
- Disconnect the wiring and remove the pump.
- Disconnect the rubber clamp that holds the heater.
- Disconnect hoses, wires and nipples.
- Remove the defective heater.
The heater is diagnosed by a multimeter. Attach the test leads to the terminals and measure the resistance.
Do not use a faulty wire for alteration or insulation. If the insulation is broken in the wiring, it is better to replace it with a new one.
After installing new parts, perform a test run of the machine.
As you can see, you can make a replacement yourself. Caring for the dishwasher, then breakdowns will bypass the dishwasher side. Watch the video on the topic: