- Tip 1. We make apron ceramic tiles with tiles
- Tip 2. We select the right furniture: a suite, table and chairs
- Tip 3. We give preference to natural finishing materials or qualitative imitations
- Tip 4. The secret of comfort in the kitchen... in textiles
- Tip 5. What should be the curtains?
- Tip 6. Successful color design - 50% success
- Tip 7. Choosing a lamp
- Tip 8. Paying attention to detail
On the one hand, the Mediterranean style is not the most suitable variant of decorating the kitchen in a city apartment in our cold country, but on the other - the abundance of light, natural colors and materials, as well as Mediterranean asceticism in decoration and decoration, with the right application, can best decorate even the most "Northern" cuisine.
For those who are in search of successful solutions in the decoration and decor of the kitchen in the Mediterranean style, we compiled a small list of tips, accompanied by a selection of inspirational photos.
Tip 1. We make apron ceramic tiles with tiles
Ceramic tiles with majolica and tiles - a business card of the Mediterranean style in the interior. It looks very beautiful, but try to use it in moderation, so as not to overload the space of variegated tiles and not make it too cold. So, for example, ceramics will be undesirable for floor finishing, but in an apron - it will be both beautiful and practical.
More: How to choose a tile for an apron: 12 nuances and an overview of popular formats.
Tip 2. We select the right furniture: a suite, table and chairs
- Authentic furniture in the Greek style - from the whitewashed wood without embellishments, wooden, as if coarsely colored (most often in blue or blue), and forged (to the extent of "delicate") or woven. Wooden tables are desirable massive, and the headset, if the area allows, can be without hinged shelves.
- Furniture in Spanish or Italian style allows for more elegant woodworking and uncomplicated carving, forged and wicker chairs and tables are also welcome.
But, adhering to the modern version of the Mediterranean style, you can safely combine wood, forging and braided rattan with glossy facades, glass, chrome and metal surfaces as shown in the photo below (leaf through).
Tip 3. We give preference to natural finishing materials or qualitative imitations
- In the decoration of walls is preferable: decorative plaster, brickwork (or very high-quality imitation), textured monophonic wallpaper or wallpaper for painting. The walls in the Greek style are mostly white, in Spanish - beige, olive, orange, etc.
- In the finish of the floor: granite under the stone, for example, travertine, ceramic tiles also under the stone or unpainted clay, as well as wooden parquet board, natural wood, laminate.
- It is desirable that the tree on the floor seemed whitened and shabby;
- Stone, porcelain tiles and tiles should be insulated with a heating system, because while in hot countries these materials give a pleasant coolness, in the northern latitudes they bring only discomfort.
- For finishing the ceiling suitable: plaster, matte paint, stretch matte ceiling, the ceiling of the wooden lining. For high ceilings, as an addition, decorative beams are appropriate as in the photo below.
Tip 4. The secret of comfort in the kitchen... in textiles
Textiles in the kitchen in the Mediterranean style plays a big role. If for you in the priority of coziness and beauty of the interior, then you can decorate the kitchen not only with a tablecloth, curtains, napkins, podtarelnikami, but also sew covers for chairs and pillows.
Kitchen textiles should be sewn from bleached and unbleached flax, cotton and chintz with patterns, embroidery, ornaments, with plant motifs, in a cage "Vichy" with images in the marine theme.
It will be appropriate and bright carpets and rugs, for example, stitched from shreds with their own hands.
- To find a compromise between practicality and the beauty of fabrics, choose blended materials, but imitates natural ones reliably;
- Get a good dome hood and use it whenever you cook.
Tip 5. What should be the curtains?
Suitable types of curtains in the Mediterranean style: wooden / bamboo blinds, soft roll or Roman curtains, or light curtains of simple tulle / cotton / linen style.
Tip 6. Successful color design - 50% success
Variants of color design of the kitchen in the Mediterranean style:
- In monochrome (more in line with the Spanish and Italian kitchen design): a combination of close to each other a friend of warm natural colors - a variety of shades of beige, yellow, coral, orange and brown.
Refresh this "warm" interior with white, green, blue, blue and turquoise colors.
- In contrast scale (more suitable for the kitchen in the Greek style): the basis of the interior is white in combination with contrasting blue and all its shades from turquoise to blue. The blue-and-white union in Greek culture has a special role since the days of Ancient Greece, but in the interior of the stuffy Greek cuisine such a range also introduces the necessary impulse of freshness and coolness. However, we, the inhabitants of the northern country, unnecessary coolness to anything, so try instead of cold blue to include in the interior more Neutral shades - dusty blue or turquoise, and in addition to the white and blue range, choose warm colors listed higher.
Tip 7. Choosing a lamp
There must be a lot of light in the kitchen in the Mediterranean style of light. The best way to distribute its sources is as follows: 1-2 lamps hang directly above the dining table, the working area of the kitchen is equipped with furniture lighting, and the ceiling - with chiseled spots.
As for the design of fixtures, you can choose models in the classical style, country style and provence, but it is important, that they were unpretentious and made of natural materials: glass, wood, metal, fabric, bamboo, rattan and etc. Examples of such lamps are presented in the next photo compilation.
Tip 8. Paying attention to detail
Mediterranean style of the interior, like any other, form the details. Pay special attention to the decor and try to choose quality things, otherwise they will be like cheap props. On the other hand, the Mediterranean style of the interior implies asceticism in the decoration, so overdo it with the number of accessories, too, is not worth it.
- Décor options: a wooden clock, an abundance of indoor plants in clay and wicker pots (the more greens, the better), the ceramic tableware with thick walls, colored glass / ceramic vases, bottles, sachets and bunches of dried herbs, wine stands, wicker baskets.
- In the decor and textiles are welcome images of lemons, grapes, olive branches, as well as marine subjects, Greek ornaments and patterns of Mediterranean majolica, prints - a cage "Vichy" and, of course, white-blue strip.
- Going to rest in Greece, Cyprus, Spain and other Mediterranean countries do not forget to bring souvenirs - sets of oils in bottles, spices in banks, plates painted with majolica and seashells, with which you can decorate the table as shown in the photo below or with your own hands make them decorative crafts.
- . Kitchen in a marine style from scratch - a guide to repair and design.
- . Guide to the style of the cafe in the interior of the kitchen.
- . Design kitchen in the style of Provence.
- . Kitchen in the American style: 20 key elements of design.
- . Kitchen in English style - from decoration to decoration.
- . Country in the city - we create a kitchen in a rustic style from scratch.