The genus of mushrooms "oyster mushroom" includes many varieties, hybrids. Today, thanks to cultivation, it became possible to grow them at home. All kinds of veshnok unites one feature - lush, hanging from the habitat of mycelium. The density of fruit bodies, as well as the size of the cap (from 10 to 30 cm) is affected by the structure and the degree of moisture of the substrate.
The color of the cap of the oyster can be yellow, grayish, purple, white, even pink. This fungus is predominantly white juicy pulp, if it is young. Older specimens have a more rigid, fibrous consistency. At home, they can grow and bear fruit all the year round. The main thing at the same time is competent maintenance of the necessary level of humidity, lighting, air temperature.
Varieties of oyster mushrooms
Let's look at the most popular types of oyster mushrooms that are popular with mushroom pickers:
1. Oyster oyster is one of the most popular, valuable species, due to its excellent taste qualities. The hat can be slightly lilac shade or brown. This variety feels comfortable at home growing, and with proper approach to the matter pleases the harvest all year round.
2. Rozhkovidnaya oyster mushroom has a cone-shaped hat, therefore carries such a name. In artificial conditions, it is grown on stumps, mostly elm trees. The color of the cap varies from light brown (sand) to dark brown. Has an elastic pulp, a pleasant, albeit slightly specific flavor.
3. Pink oyster mushroom has another name - "Pink Flamingo". It is a beautiful, fast-growing mushroom with wavy edges of the cap, a gentle pink color. This variety is heat-loving, requires an individual temperature approach (from + 16 ° C to + 30 ° C at different stages). Begins to bear fruit 10 days after seeding mycelium..
4. Lemon oyster (or ilmovik) has a bright color of the conical shape. This variety differs unpretentiousness to the conditions of growth, it is grown both on the substrate and on the stumps. Characterized by the accuracy of the fruit bodies, graceful elongated legs. The diameter of the cap varies from 5 to 10 cm.
5. Steppe oyster (Ering) is also called Royal. This is the most delicious variety of oyster mushrooms, it has a fleshy, dense flesh, a massive funnel-shaped leg. The mushroom's hat (5-10 cm in diameter) is mutated until the fungus grows: at first it is convex, then it becomes flat, and by the time of harvesting it is already concave. This species is grown in special large jars or cans (photo below).
6. Ordinary oyster mushroom is the most popular variety, grown on stumps or on various substrates. Gives harvest from summer - to the very frosts. Has a grayish-yellow or brown cap..
7. Floridian oyster mushroom is a light beige or grayish-white fungus with a semicircular, slightly funnel-shaped caps (diameter 10-20 cm). It requires a higher temperature at the stages of cultivation and fruiting.
8. Pulmonary oyster mushroom - used in food or processed only young, as "old" mature mushrooms are characterized by increased rigidity. The mushroom cap has a tongue-shaped shape with slightly cracked edges, the color is white or brownish-cream. Fetuses the pulmonary veshenka from the spring to the first colds.
9. Oyster late - a mushroom with an exquisite, pronounced taste. Can be brown, gray or brown in color. It has an ear-shaped hat that can reach large sizes (up to 25 cm in diameter), young mushrooms are darker in color, mature ones are lighter. Cultivated on stumps or chocks (oak, poplar, aspen), as well as on substrates (straw, sunflower).
10. White Elf - a very delicious dietary variety. Has an elongated firm foot. The hats of this fungus have slightly curly edges of white color. The surface of the cap may be scaly. It grows both on chocks or stumps, so on substrate blocks too.
The above-described varieties of oyster mushrooms feel great with artificial cultivation. With proper care, they bear fruit abundantly. It is also worth mentioning hybrids, which are distinguished by high yield and unpretentiousness. The most preferred hybrids of mushrooms are: Dune NK-35, R-77, P-20, No. 420, No. 107.
Remember that you need to unpack packets with mycelium only in gloves, the material should be purchased from trusted vendors, the mycelium itself should be without black or green spots..
All of the above types of hare are adapted for growing at home..