- Purpose and device
- Tank volume
- A heating element
- Material of manufacture
- Method of water supply
- Additional functions
Thermopot is a hybrid of a teapot and thermos, which can perfectly replace a bulky cooler in the office. Its main task is not easy to boil water, but constantly keep it hot. Before choosing a heatpot for your home or office, you should immediately decide - if you need hot water to cook on the day 3-4 a cup of tea or coffee, then do not overpay, it will be enough to buy an ordinary electric kettle, it will easily cope with such task. Another thing - a large family, a small cafe or office, in this case, the thermo-hanger fully justifies its purpose.
Purpose and device
The thermopot eliminates the main drawback of an electric kettle - it heats up quickly, but also cools quickly. Therefore, you have to wait until he re-boils. As experience shows, heatpots save electricity. They not only constantly heat up, but also thanks to special thermal insulation, it does not allow water to cool down too quickly. True, the device is much larger and heavier than an electric kettle, it requires stationary placement and constant connection to electricity. In addition, the water in it must be poured using a special container / watering can, it can not be substituted for a tap from a tap. The supply of boiling water can be either automatic or manual.
At once select a place where there will be a device and measure distance to the socket that the length of a cord sufficed. Well, if you have a special compartment, where you can hide the extra length of the cord..
Let's consider the main parameters, which you should pay attention to when choosing a thermo-pin.
Now on the market you can buy a heatpot with a capacity of 2 (less to take simply does not make sense, otherwise it will be very frequent add water, and the thermopot itself will be used ineffectively, actually working in the electric kettle mode) to 8 liters. The choice of capacity depends on how many people need to provide hot water. Usually the volume is chosen, based on the norm of 1 liter (for large lovers of hot drinks) per person. Then you can refill at the beginning of the day and just use the rest of the time.
Power affects the rate of heating, the more it is - the faster the water boils, which is especially important for volumetric heatpots. The maximum recommended power is 1000 watts.
A heating element
Now only in cheap models of little-known manufacturers can you find an open spiral in a tank for heating water. Almost all modern models of heatpot have heating discs.
Separately it is worth noting the model of thermo-potholes, which have two heaters (heater). One is powerful, which allows you to quickly heat water. The second is to work in standby mode to maintain the set temperature. This design allows not only to maintain the necessary temperature, but also to save energy.
Material of manufacture
The body is made of metal, plastic, glass or their combinations. It is much more important, from what the tank is made, in which the boiling of water takes place. In cheap models, it is made of food plastic, so over time, water can acquire a specific flavor. In addition, the life of such models is small. Particular attention should be paid to the temperature of the case - if the case is heated while checking in the store, then the thermal insulation is poor. Therefore, the heatpipe will be turned on more often to heat water - and this is an additional expense of electricity. In good models, the case does not heat up during operation.
In high-quality models, the tank is made of glass (it is more suitable for water, but due to brittleness requires careful attention) or metal.
Method of water supply
In different models, the feeding methods differ - this depends on the type of pump (pump) installed:
- Automatic - the electric pump is installed in such a thermocouple, and the water starts to be supplied after the cup is delivered to a certain place.
- Semi-automatic - there is also an electric pump installed, but the feed starts after pressing the button.
- manual - water is supplied by a mechanical pump, the user himself needs to press the lever or the handle several times. The advantage of this method is that the feed occurs even when the thermopot is disconnected from electricity.
The set of functions in thermopot models can differ, the more the additional functionality, the more expensive the model will be:
- Selecting the temperature mode - the adjustment allows the user to set the temperature of the water that will be maintained. The standard temperature range is from 50 ° C to 90 ° C. The adjustment can be either stepwise, exposing only certain temperature values through a predetermined number of degrees (most often at 10 ° C) and smooth.
- Adjusting the portion of water - is available in thermal cords with automatic water supply, allows at once to pour from 120 to 300 ml of water (several values are available).
- Locks - at least one (and it is in almost all models) - shutting down the device with insufficient water level in the tank. Another lock - protection from overheating. If the family has a small child, then a castle is needed from the children. The top cover has a special latch that blocks its accidental opening during the heating of the water.
- Two tanks - one always contains boiling water, and in the second the user can set the necessary temperature.
- Digital display - in most cases displays information about the current temperature. In addition, he can inform the user about what processes are happening now.
- On Timer - allows you to set the on-time, for example, water will boil to the return of family members home or to the arrival of employees to work.
- Built-in filter - allows you to clean water from impurities, although this may reduce head pressure and increase the time for which the cup is recruited. At the same time, the filter has to be washed or changed on a monthly basis, and in some models it is structurally placed not very well to get to it, it will be necessary to disassemble a significant part of the device.
- Self-cleaning - in some heatposts the alarm function about the necessity of descaling is implemented. As in the case of electric kettles, you can use special tools, and you can do with folk methods.
To avoid the formation of scale, it is necessary to use filtered (prepared) water..