Luk Suvorov is a rather unusual plant that grows on the territory of Asia and Altai.Because of its unusual appearance, this bow is very popular among gardeners, although the taste of the crop obtained is highly appreciated by many experts..
Table of contents
- Description of Suvorov's onion variety
- Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
- Beneficial features
- Landing of Suvorov bow
- Reproduction by seeds
- Care of the plant
- The use of onion Anzur in cooking
- Diseases and pests
Description of Suvorov's onion variety
Luk Suvorov or Anzur refers to a group of mountain bows with the common name of anzura. In literature, this species is also referred to as a stalked onion, a giant and the highest onion.
Suvorov's bow is an early-ripening culture that appears on the beds in early spring. At the beginning of its active growth, this plant very much resembles a tulip, but after a while it becomes like a fairly large garlic.
The height of the stems can reach 1 meters, and the broad leaves grow to a length of up to 35 centimeters. On the tops of the onion arrows, spherical inflorescences are formed, the diameter of which is 8-12 centimeters. The peculiarity of the flowers will be their violet color, not characteristic of other cultures.
The first bulbs appear 2-3 years after planting. Their diameter can reach 14 centimeters. To their liking, they are more like garlic, which is why they are often used as a spicy, aromatic seasoning.
This variety tolerates frosts well, does not require special care and is not afraid of the effects of various diseases and pests. But it is also worth noting that such a plant reacts badly to an excess of moisture, from which the bulbs can rot and die..
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
- Landed for the winterbulbs tolerate frosts welland very quickly recovered even after complete freezing;
- Gives a very early harvestand can decorate with its unusual appearance the garden that wakes after winter;
- Plantnot afraid of diseaseand pests;
- Correctly cookedfruits have a wonderful tasteand can benefit health.
Unfortunately, this variety has a number of drawbacks:
- The firstgreens very quickly coarsenand becomes inedible;
- In its raw form, the bulbs are poisonousand can harm the body, before using, you must carefully treat them;
- The plant is afraid of moisture, so you need to carefully monitor this indicator.
Luk Suvorov got its name in honor of the great commander, who during his famous trip to the Alps discovered this unusual plant. The consumption of the fruits by the soldiers saved them from scurvy.
The plant is very useful for the body, it contains several times more vitamin C than other varieties. It is also worth noting that the plant leaves are rich in vitamins B, E and are saturated with mineral salts.
Due to its medicinal properties, in folk medicine Suvorov's onion is used for the following purposes:
- Reduced painwith age-related diseases;
- Treatment of ailments of the upperrespiratory tract and lungs;
- Strengthening immunityand improvement of the general condition of the body;
- Activation of brain activity andmemory improvement.
Landing of Suvorov bow
In order to get the crop as early as possible and not to engage in painstaking work related to the erection of seeds,Experienced gardeners recommend landing Suvorov onion with the help of bulbs or lobules. To obtain a quality planting material, it is excavated from the ground until the leaves are dried to the end.
Given the good frost resistance of the variety, it is necessary to plant it in the open ground in the autumn. If you work in September, the fruit will be divided into 4-6 denticles, with a later planting the division will not be so intense.
When preparing beds, it is necessary to take into account all the features of the plant being grown:.
- The best thinggrows on loose, sandy loamy soils. In a clayey soil, there is a high risk of fungal infections;
- Many gardeners argue that such a culture will grow well in those places,where before it grew cucumbers, potatoes or cabbage;
- It is better to make beds in bulk, this procedure will help to avoid overmoistening;
- Do not putin places of accumulation of precipitation and meltwater;
- Before boardingthe ground is carefully loosenedand cleaned of weeds.
With the standard landing schemethe distance between rows should be equal to30centimeters, but between individual plants 20. The depth of embedding the bulb should be within 10-12 centimeters..
Reproduction by seeds
Cultivation of Anzur from seeds is a very long and laborious process, in which the first harvest can be obtained only after 3-4 years.After collecting seeds from an adult plant, you must proceed to the following steps:
- at the end of Octoberconstruct beds 10-12 centimeters in height;
- seeds deepenon, -2 centimeters;
- thenlanding cover2-centimeter layer of peat or humus.
After the one-year-old plants release cotyledon leaves, they will begin to dry out and form tiny bulbs. They need to be digged, dried and left until the fall. With the onset of the right time, the bulbs are planted at a distance of 5 centimeters from each other, the distance between the rows will be equal to 25 centimeters.Depth of closing -5centimeters. Similar work is repeated twice. At 4 years of life can be planted in a traditional way..
Care of the plant
Watering Suvorov's onions should be very careful and not allow even a brief overmoistening, because it can be detrimental to the plant. After each watering, the soil is slightly loosened and the weeds appear.
Top dressing is performed as follows:
- with the emergence of the first shoots necessaryto make nitrogenous fertilizers, for example urea;
- in order to enhance photosynthesis, 2 weeks after the emergence of sproutsplantings are sprayed with Ferovit;
- 3 times for the whole vegetation period during the loosening of the soil into itcontribute ash and potassium sulfate.
To all the forces of the plant went to the formation of fruits, it is necessary to break all the emerging arrows. Harvest the harvest after the leaves are dried.
The use of onion Anzur in cooking
Leaves of such plants have found their application as early greens. They include a large number of vitamins and beneficial microelements. How to eat such a bow, you ask.Young leaves are often used to make salads, soups and sandwiches.
Onions are taken for food only after it has been treated for a long time.First of all, you need to get rid of the sharp sulphurous smell, for this fruit is flooded with clean water and periodically it is changed. On average, the entire procedure takes 1 month. After soaking, the onions are marinated, baked or cooked with honey. To eat such food should be not often and for a little bit.
Diseases and pests
Diseases and pests do not settle on Suvorov's onions, which is why this plant does not suffer from infectious, bacterial and other ailments.
The most common problem that can be encountered in growing crops is rot, which arises from the overmoistening of the soil. It is necessary to fight this problem very quickly. All affected plants are excavated, and the normal watering regime is normalized.
Suvorov's onion is a very bright plant, which also brings useful greenery and unusual fruit flavor.Cultivate this culture is possible even in the harshest conditions, and the result should please every gardener..