The company Bosna LG produces the water pump “Typhoon”, which differs from its analogues by the maximum immersion depth and high performance. The unit is used for water supply of a private house from a well, a well or an open water source.
Consider the characteristics of modifications of the pump “Typhoon”, we describe the device, the principle of operation, especially the installation and operation of equipment. This information will be useful to those who are already using the unit or to those who are only considering the purchase of pumping equipment.
The content of the article:
Model range and specifications
- “Typhoon-1”: maximum head - 16 m
- “Typhoon-2”: maximum head - 90 m
- “Typhoon-3”: automation unit and maximum pressure - 90 m
- Device and principle of operation
- Preparation of the pump to work
- Installation and operation of the pump
- Pump stations “Typhoon”
- Adjustment units "Typhoon"
- Maintenance and safety regulations
- Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Model range and specifications
The company Bosna LG (Ukraine) produces three brands of submersible electric pumps for clean cold water “Typhoon” in a cast iron housing. All water pumps of this series are designed to operate from an electrical network with a voltage of 220 V. Water intake is lower, which requires hanging these pumps at a certain distance from the bottom.
A small diameter of 10 cm makes it possible to use all models in wells with sizes from 12 cm. All Bosna LG equipment is warranted for 12 months. The pump includes a coupling for connecting to a hose or pipe.
“Typhoon-1”: maximum head - 16 m
Electric pump “Typhoon-1” modifications BV-0.5-16-U5-M - high-performance household unit with an immersion depth of up to 16 m. The performance of this pump with a maximum immersion depth is 35 l / min, with a depth of 3 m - 50 l / min. The pumping unit is able to pump water from a depth of up to 8 m.
The equipment is equipped with an integrated overheating protection system and a two-channel water intake system for additional cooling of the case during operation.
A photo of
Affordable, fairly durable, Typhoon type vibration pumps are available in several versions, differing in head height and permissible immersion depth.
Before immersing the vibration unit in a well or a borehole with a wide barrel, it is fixed with a nylon cord
A well bore suitable for the operation of a vibrator should be 5 cm wider than its diameter at its widest point.
Vibrating pumps are produced in the series with a lower water intake. When installing the device with the lower fence should strictly observe the distance from the bottom to the bottom of the pump
The pressure pipe is connected to the outlet with a coupling and sanitary seals
At the top of the vibration pump with a lower intake of water is a pipe for connecting the device to the water supply
The pump is connected, can be immersed in the source. It is advisable to attach the electric cable to the pipe with scotch tape 30 cm from the pipe and then after 1.5 m
Simple repair operations to replace seals and regularly wearing parts can be easily carried out with your own hands.
Vibrating Pump with Typhoon Logo
Fastening the submersible pump for the eyes
Device for the lower intake of water
Connecting the pressure hose to the vibrator
The outlet is located at the top of the unit.
Fully prepared Typhoon
Maintainability - weighty priority of vibration pumps
“Typhoon-2”: maximum head - 90 m
Pump modification BV-0.25-40-U5M able to transport water over a distance of 90 m, which includes pumping out of the wellbore, moving along horizontal and vertical sections of the water supply system to the consumer. This can only be very expensive imported pumps.
The performance of the electric pump depends on the distance between it and the output:
- 90-80 m - 8 l / min;
- 40 m - 15 l / min;
- 10 m - 30 l / min;
- 5 m - 40 l / min.
The pump is equipped with built-in thermal protection and dual channel intake system for best cooling. This pump is the base for the Typhoon pumping station manufactured by Bosna LG.
Pumps "Typhoon" surpass similar water pumps in terms of immersion depth and performance several times due to a special patented constructive solution
“Typhoon-3”: automation unit and maximum pressure - 90 m
Electric pump BV-0.25-40-U5M with UZN (anti-interference device) - a unique equipment for domestic use in an unstable power supply. The unit is equipped with a UZN automatics unit built into the power cord. UZN equalizes the voltage drops in the network in the range of 190-250 V to the worker.
Voltage drops do not affect the performance of the pump, do not lead to its overheating and failure, which is especially important for summer residents, with an unstable power supply system.
The pump starts up smoothly, it is of great importance, because Starting currents for pumps of this type are quite large. The maximum immersion depth is 90 m, while the pump capacity is 8 l / min.
All “Typhoon” pumps are designed for continuous operation without stopping and have waterproof performance IPx8 level.
“Typhoon-3” automatically shuts off when the voltage exceeds the maximum permissible values and automatically turns on when the voltage in the electrical network is normalized.
Device and principle of operation
All modifications of the Water Typhoon Vibration Pump include three main components:
- Vibration part. It consists of a shock absorber, diaphragm, coupling, rod. At one end of the rod is an anchor, and on the other - the piston. There is a certain distance between the shock absorber and the diaphragm, both elements direct the rod during operation. electric pump and ensure its tightness, preventing water from entering the part of the housing where electric drive.
- Water intake. It is a cavity, at the top of which there is a glass with holes for the intake of pumped water and check valve, preventing the return of the drain and in cases where the pump is turned off.
- Electric drive part. Consists of a core, two coils and a suction discharge pipe. These parts are located in the hull and are filled with a compound with fractions of quartz sand.
Compound captures the electromagnet and isolates the windings of the coils, protecting them from water penetration. Quartz sand increases heat removal from the motor-driven part.
The core is a U-shaped figure of plates made of transformer steel. Enameled wire with a certain number of turns, insulated with a special lacquer coating, is wound on the core.
The principle of operation is based on alternating current, which is converted into mechanical vibrations transmitted to the piston and anchor with the help of a shock absorber. Water enters the inside of the pump through the water intake openings and ends up in the chamber where the piston and valves are located.
The piston under the influence of vibrations begins to make reciprocating motion, creating a water hammer in a glass with holes. The valves close the holes and the water enters the chamber, from where it is released under pressure through a two-channel system into the outlet pressure port.
The design and materials of the rod and bushings, ensuring the alignment of the stroke of both elements, are patented by the manufacturer, this explains the high technical characteristics of the pump (+)
Preparation of the pump to work
To put the “Typhoon” electric pumps into operation it is necessary:
- Connect the hose to the outlet pressure port using the included coupling. To do this, screw the coupling half tightly onto the threads of the nozzle, and then install the tube section inside the hose. Place the coupling half, the bushing and the rubber ring on the end of the hose, and then insert the hose until it stops. Instead of a hose, you can use plastic pipes measuring 3/4 ″.
- The “Typhoon” pump is connected to the water supply system only by means of a flexible reinforced hose. The diameter of the hose must match the size of the pipes. It is not allowed to use a reinforced hose of smaller diameter to enhance the head, since This will create a significant load on the pump.
- A nylon cord must be threaded into the existing lugs (attachments) of the pump to hang the unit. It is best to place the knot that will fasten the cord at a distance of at least 10-15 cm from the openings of the suction cup to prevent the cord from getting into the pump.
- The length of the power supply cable at the “Typhoon” pumps is 10 m maximum. If this length is not enough, you need to use a waterproof extension cable. It is forbidden to build up an electrical cable yourself!
- Secure the electrical cable, hose and nylon cord together using clamps or regular electrical tape every 1-1.5 m.
- Lower the pump into the water so that the electric cable does not stretch too much and fix it on a holding device, for example, on a well crossbar. When installing the equipment in the well before lowering, rubber rings should be worn on the unit.
When attaching the pump, the ends of the cord should be melted. For hanging in the workings and sources of vibration modifications with the Typhoon logo, you can not use a steel cable. From the constant vibration, it will collapse.
Fastening the hose to the discharge nozzle is possible with a clamp, but to ensure tightness, the manufacturer recommends doing it only with the help of the clutch supplied
The pump “Typhoon” should be suspended so that in the process of work it does not touch the walls and bottom. The distance from the water intake cup to the bottom must be at least 40 cm.
A photo of
A common drawback of assembling a Typhoon vibration pump is the absence of locknuts under the bolts, as a result of which bolted connections are often disengaged.
Installing the locknut will prevent unscrewing of the connections and subsequent damage to the casing. As a result, significantly increases the resource pumping equipment
If the unit is very buzzing, but weakly pumps water, and there is a drop in pressure, the pump will have to be disassembled to perform more complex repairs.
The most common repair is to replace the most loaded part of the pump - the rubber piston
It is possible that the problem can be solved by the banal replacement of a bent washer that presses the piston to the rod.
During repair, it is worth removing rust, calcium deposits and soot from the parts of the electrical and mechanical parts of the unit.
When re-assembling the pump, the dismantled parts should be installed on that side and in the same order; the guides should be precisely aligned when installing the housing parts
The housing cover installed in place is bolted, under which it is also recommended to use lock nuts. Connections neatly, but with an effort tighten
Preparation of the vibrational technician for operation
Handwritten revision of the design of the vibration pump
Disassembly of the pump unit for repair inside
Worn rubber vibrator piston
Replacing a deformed piston washer
Accompanying repair actions
Reassembly of parts of a pump cone Typhoon
The specifics of the installation of the housing cover vibration pump
Installation and operation of the pump
Electric pump "Typhoon" can be installed in the well more than 12 m in diameter, in open water or in a well.
Features of operation of "Typhoon" electric pumps:
- The equipment does not need lubrication and pre-pouring, it begins work on pumping liquid instantly after launch. It is not allowed to turn on the “Typhoon” series pumps into the network without preliminary immersion in water!
- Electric pumps are intended for long continuous work, including in winter time. Lifting equipment to the surface is necessary only for maintenance or routine inspection.
- The pump is turned on / off only when using a plug or a bipolar switch. When the protection system is triggered, there is no need to restart the pump; when the parameters are normalized, the unit will start up in automatic mode.
- In the process, the body of the electric pump should not hit the walls of the well or the well. If this happens, it is necessary to raise the pump and re-install it so as to avoid impacts.
- When operating an electric pump in winter, it should be remembered that the depth of its immersion should be lower than the depth of soil freezing in the region. Considering that the optimal level for the Typhoon units is 3 m from the water mirror, this pump can be used freely all year round.
“Typhoon-2” can work as part of household pumping stationwhich is very convenient to use for watering and water supply of a private house.
Installation of the pump "Typhoon" can be made in an open reservoir, in a well or a well, when operating in an open reservoir, the pump is first lowered into a plastic bucket (+)
Pump stations “Typhoon”
Unlike conventional pumping stations, which consist of hydroaccumulator, pressure switch, pressure gauge and various connecting fittings, “Typhoon” station consists of a high electric pump performance "Typhoon-2" and an electronic control unit that allows you to control the pump in an automatic mode.
The water pump “Typhoon-2” is connected through the controller, as a result of which a full-fledged pumping station is obtained that can provide private house water supply.
Pump station “Typhoon” supports constant pressure in the water supply system, without change of a pressure and productivity. The controller also ensures a smooth start-up of the pump, which reduces the risk of water hammer and pump overload.
The device allows for multiple shutdown / shutdown of the pump, without reducing its service life.
The pump, which is part of the pumping station, is reliably protected from dry running, if the water in the water source runs out. The controller will automatically shut down the unit, and when the water level returns to normal, it will automatically turn on.
When the voltage in the electrical network exceeds 250 V, the pump also switches off automatically.
Connecting the controller is very simple: you must connect the plug of the power cord of the pump “Typhoon-2” to the socket of the control unit of the electric pump and the tube transmitting the pressure to the pressure pipe from the pump to water consumer. You can connect the controller yourself without the involvement of a specialist.
Surface centrifugal pumps with the Typhoon logo are intended for the transportation of clean water and liquids of equal consistency, not including aggressive substances (+)
Adjustment units "Typhoon"
Like other vibration pumps, the Typhoon type needs adjustment in order for the equipment to work with the required parameters. Adjustment is the selection of the optimal distance between the anchor and the core, as well as between the valves and the working piston.
To set the working gap between the core and the anchor, it is necessary that the voltage in the electrical network is exactly 220 V. This can be achieved using the power supply stabilizer. Low voltage reduces the performance and pressure characteristics of the vibration pump, and increased - leads to an excessive load.
On average, the gap between the core and the anchor for normal operation of the unit is 4.3-5 mm. If you have special tools, you can adjust this indicator yourself, however, given the complexity disassembling and reassembling the motor-driven part of the pump, it is better to entrust this adjustment to service technicians. center.
On your own you can adjust the position of the washers on the rod, located between the anchor and the shock absorber. Washers are responsible for the performance characteristics of the electric pump, as well as its efficiency.
Adding pucks will give you better performance. It is important not to lock the washers too close to each other, because this will lead to the impact of the armature and the core.
In the process of connecting the submersible pump it is necessary to ensure that there are no leaks in the water supply system, since they can cause unstable water supply (+)
The washers that are under the piston are responsible for the total pressure of the pump, by acting on the working piston. If you add the washers here, the piston will fit snugly and the pressure will increase, reducing the washers - reducing the pressure.
Adjustment can achieve optimal performance of the electric pump “Typhoon”, for example, to reduce the pressure, while increasing performance and efficiency.
It is recommended to adjust the “Typhoon” pumps if one of its parameters does not correspond to those indicated in the passport when they are not connected with voltage fluctuations in the power supply network
Maintenance and safety regulations
Maintenance of the electric pump "Typhoon" includes a periodic inspection, which is carried out every 100 hours of operation. While the equipment is under warranty, it is forbidden to disassemble the pump.
In the post-warranty period, you can do the replacement of worn parts with your own hands. The piston and the valve most often need it. To replace them, it is necessary to disassemble the pump in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
Also, often the owner of the “Typhoon” series of pumps collide with a blockage of the inlets on the glass. You can remove the blockage by cleaning the holes with a thin blunt tool. This should be done carefully so as not to damage the check valve.
Do not repair the power supply cable yourself!
For safe operation and uninterrupted operation of the pump, you must observe the following rules:
- Do not allow the pump to operate without immersion;
- do not raise / lower, inspect a running pump;
- power supply voltage should be as close as possible to the 220 V;
- the temperature of the pumped water should not be higher than +35 ° C;
- The plug and servicing outlet must be in a place protected from moisture.
Before commissioning the “Typhoon” pumps, carefully read the manufacturer's instructions and follow its recommendations.
Periodically inspect the casing of the electric pump and assess the level of contamination of the openings of the inlet cup to prevent performance degradation due to clogging
Alternative pumping options and tips for choosing the units are presented in this article.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Overview of the electric pump "Typhoon-2":
Overview of the electric pump "Typhoon-3" with UZN:
Electric pumps of Ukrainian production “Typhoon” are distinguished by high performance, and have no analogues in the depth of immersion. The ratio of cost and quality of these pumps is the most optimal.
The equipment is perfect for those owners who are looking for an electric pump for year-round water supply to a private house from deep artesian wells or open water sources.
Do you have personal experience in installing and operating the “Typhoon” pump? Want to share your impressions of using it or ask questions about a topic? Please leave comments - the feedback form is located below.