The content of the article:
Snack from crab sticks - this is an excellent option for a festive table, if the guests are already on the doorstep. This product is combined with melted cheese, cottage cheese, suitable for filling tartlets. Sticks are sold ready-made and do not require heat treatment. From them bright, appetizing and original snacks for every taste are obtained.
An article in the topic: a recipe for salad from crab sticks and corn.
The recipe for snacks "Raffaello" from crab sticks has already become classic. To make it, you need 250 grams of sticks, 3 boiled eggs, 200 g of processed cheese and mayonnaise to taste. As a result, you should get dense balls with a red and white powder.
- Boil the eggs hard and let them cool to room temperature, and then chop on a medium grater. Cheese also grind and combine with the eggs. In the same capacity, add mayonnaise.
- Stir all ingredients until smooth. First, add a small amount of mayonnaise so that the mass does not turn out to be too liquid.
- Crab sticks also grate. They will be needed for decorating snacks, so put them in a separate container and set aside.
- Next, form a pre-prepared mass of small balls and roll them in chips from crab sticks. If desired, place the filling in the center of each ball. It can be any components, but the most popular ones are olives or olives.
- Snack "Raffaello" from crab sticks serve chilled. Prepare a fresh dish of fresh herbs (parsley or basil), and put the balls on the leaves of the salad. Cherry tomatoes perfectly complement the overall composition.
In order for the processed cheese to rub easily on a grater, put it on the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
Fried crab sticks stuffed with cheese
There is an easy way to quickly prepare a hot snack from crab sticks. It will need 400 g of the main ingredient, 200 g of processed cheese, mayonnaise, 3 eggs, several spoons of flour, a spoon of yogurt, salt and pepper to taste.
Stages of preparation:
- First of all, prepare the filling for crab sticks. Cheese and eggs grate on a fine grater and mix in one container with mayonnaise until a uniform consistency is obtained. In this mixture, you can additionally add dried or fresh garlic.
- The next step is the stuffing of each wand. Unroll them, place a small amount of the filling on the edge with a spoon, and then form rolls.
- Then you can start cooking batter, which will be fried stuffed sticks. In a separate container, combine the flour, kefir, eggs, salt and spices, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Roll the sticks in batter and put them on the heated frying pan. Fry them from two sides until a golden crust appears.
- Snack of crab sticks ready. Serve it on the table in hot or cold. It is combined with vegetables and first dishes, potato chips.
Stuffed crab sticks serve with sauces. A honey-mustard sauce with spices, cheese or garlic is suitable for this dish. They are also easy to prepare at home.
"Fingers" of puff pastry
Another simple recipe for snacks from crab sticks is prepared with a puff pastry. The dish is baked in the oven, can be served hot or chilled. For 250 grams of dough, you will need a package of crab sticks (180 g), cheese sliced and a mixture of spices.
Stages of preparation:
- First, pour the spices evenly on the table. Then roll the dough over this mixture so that it does not crumble during cooking. Cut it into long strips - their number should match the number of crab sticks in the package.
- From the cheese cut, form thin strips, so that they coincide in length and width with a crab stick. Place each wand between two pieces of cheese and wrap in a prepared strip of dough.
- Bake crab sticks in the test for 20-25 minutes at medium temperature (180-200 degrees). Take them out of the oven as soon as the golden crust appears. Allow the chopsticks to cool to room temperature, then lay them on the dish with neat layers. It is best to use them on the day of preparation - the puff pastry quickly hardens and crumbles when stored.
Snack from crab sticks and cheese is a simple, but satisfying dish. It is convenient to take it with you as a snack and it is appropriate to offer guests to the table. Serve it with a light homemade sauce of honey and mustard.
Recipes of snacks from crab sticks with photos can be found in a huge amount. From this product you can prepare cold and hot dishes, slicing, tartlets and many other options. The sticks do not fit well with the main dishes of fish or meat, but they are suitable for any slicing or used as an aperitif. Due to their unusual taste, they can be the main ingredient for bright and original snacks.