The content of the article:
Coconut milk is a delicious and healthy drink. It has a lot of useful microelements. Such a product appeals to vegetarians and people who lead a healthy lifestyle. Coconut is famous for its cleansing properties. Regular use of such milk helps to remove harmful substances and toxins from the body. It is used both in its natural form, and prepare different dishes. The benefits and harms of coconut milk largely depends on the quality of the product and the way it is processed.
The use of an exotic drink
Before the temptation to drink coconut milk more than it costs, it is impossible to resist. This drink has a sweet taste, a delicate texture, perfectly quenches thirst. In addition to taste, milk is good for health. Coconut is rich in minerals and vitamins. He retains youth, quickly restores the strength of the body.
Despite the high caloric content of coconut milk, fatty acids and oils are quickly and easily processed, not postponed in the body by excess fat folds. Doctors and nutritionists recommend that you replace coconut milk with cow's milk intolerance. As a result, the body receives twice as much useful substances and vitamins, which positively influence the work of the gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular, nervous system.
In addition, coconut milk:
- accelerates the metabolism;
- strengthens bone tissue;
- adds strength to physical fatigue;
- helps with nervous disorders;
- copes well with insomnia and depression;
- rejuvenates the cells of the body;
- contributes to weight loss.
Coconut milk is also wonderful because it does not contain harmful cholesterol.
The product is suitable for people who have heart problems and irregular blood pressure.
The drink is rich in potassium, which improves the condition of the blood vessels and the work of the heart rhythm. In addition, the composition of a lot of lauric acid, which strengthens the body's immune system.
In addition, the benefits of coconut milk are excellent preventive capabilities. It prevents the development of viral, infectious diseases. It is also rich in the content of cicotins. These trace elements are involved in the process of rejuvenating the body, counteract the formation of cancer cells, prevent the formation of blood clots in the blood and vessels.
Coconut milk has a tonic effect on the body, it is suitable for diabetics and for those who follow their figure.
Coconut is rich in vitamins A, B, E, C. Acids and oils in the beverage do not irritate the intestinal mucosa, so this product is recommended for use by people suffering from gastritis or peptic ulcer disease.
Thanks to a large number of useful fatty acids, coconut milk quickly saturates the body, eliminates the feeling of hunger when losing weight.
In addition, coconut is widely used for cosmetic purposes. When acne, pimples on the face, any other irritation and redness on the surface of the skin, you need to wipe daily problem areas with coconut milk. Such a drug has an excellent antifungal, antiviral effect.
Harm to coconut milk
Coconut milk has side effects. According to some researchers and nutritionists, the body needs to gradually adapt to the exotic product. Its choice is advised to stop on natural beverages, and not on their canned analogs. The latter can contain harmful preservatives and dangerous stabilizers. Widely found in such a composition guar gum, settles in the cells of the body, poorly digestible and harms health. In extreme cases, when choosing canned coconut milk, first of all, pay attention to the shelf life of the product. The smaller it is, the more organic the drink.
In addition, the coconut product is contraindicated in people with intolerance to fructose. The use of an exotic drink, in such cases, is fraught with skin rashes and a violation of the digestive tract.
It is not recommended to drink milk to people suffering from diarrhea.
Pregnant and lactating mothers before using this product should consult a doctor. It is not allowed to give this drink to young children. For the first time, give preference to natural, not canned or dried coconut milk. The optimal option - self-squeezed coconut mixture at home.
What can I cook with coconut milk?
Many people are interested in how to use coconut milk in cooking? There are a lot of recipes with this drink. Since such a product is most common in Asian cooking, the combination of ingredients in dishes is more focused on the tastes of people living in these regions. In addition, spices are often used in the preparation process, which are not very popular in us. We offer you several non-complex recipes, known all over the world.
Tom Yam soup with coconut milk
There are many recipes for Tom Yam with coconut milk. This is a popular dish in Thai cuisine. We offer you the most simple and delicious option. Including such soup in the daily diet reduces the likelihood of cancer.
For a traditional recipe you will need:
- 15 shrimps;
- 9 chili peppers;
- 250 g of canned champignons;
- lemon peel;
- 3 - 4 tbsp. l. fish sauce;
- 3 tbsp. l. lemon juice;
- 1 hour l. salts;
- 1 liter of water;
- 300 ml of coconut milk.
- Washed shrimps are cleaned and cut.
- We boil the water, mix it with coconut milk, pour in the grated zest, bring to a boil.
- Shrimp cook about 3 minutes.
- In the liquid we put mushrooms. Add salt.
- The pan is removed from the plate.
- Season the dish with fish sauce, lemon juice and chili pepper.
- We serve soup in plates slightly cooled.
If desired, decorate the dish with a sprig of fresh coriander. Bon Appetit!
Chia with coconut milk and strawberries
Chia with coconut milk and strawberries is useful, hearty and at the same time an incredibly tasty dish. It is well suited for breakfast as well as dessert for lunch.
Products for the recipe:
- coconut milk - 100 g;
- chia seeds - 40 g;
- Strawberries - 60 g;
- sugar syrup - 50 g;
- powdered sugar - 10 g;
- Seeds of chia pre-pour coconut milk, mixed with sugar syrup for 1 hour.
- In the glass or kremanku layers first spread the sliced strawberries, then soaked chia, repeat the procedure.
- Sprinkle the dish with powdered sugar and mint leaves.
Rice porridge with coconut milk
A simple recipe for a delicious breakfast. He will especially like the children. Even if the child refuses to eat dishes with cereals, porridge on coconut milk with pineapples just like it.
- rice - 1 tbsp;
- water - 2 tbsp;
- coconut milk - 250 g;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l;
- canned pineapple.
- Rinse well under running water.
- Put into a saucepan and add water.
- Cook until done.
- Add sugar and coconut milk to rice, cook for a few more minutes.
- Served portioned with canned pineapple. Done!
In the process of cooking, rice must be brought to a boil. Then reduce the heat to below average and stew the porridge under the lid.
Coffee with coconut milk
A slight taste of coconut with the aroma of coffee beans gives a charge of vivacity for a whole day. Coffee with coconut milk is very pleasant and tender. Try to cook, you will definitely like it.
- 1 tbsp. l. ground coffee;
- 150 ml of coconut milk;
- 100 ml of water.
Instructions for cooking:
- Ground coffee is poured into the Turkish, poured cold water and heated on a small fire.
- Remove the container from the fire when raising the coffee foam.
- In a cup of coconut milk, add the cooked strong coffee.
Chicken with coconut milk
Very tasty dish, which combines the usual we have a bird fillet and exotic coconut milk. A great option for lunch or dinner.
For the dish you will need:
- 3-4 chicken breasts;
- 1 large onion;
- fresh ginger root;
- Bay leaf;
- 250 grams of coconut milk;
- vegetable oil.
- Chicken breast cut into small pieces.
- All spices are put in a blender and chopped.
- Add salt to the spices and mix well. Put the mixture on a frying pan and put out a little (so that a good aroma appears).
- Add spices to the meat, add coconut milk and cook until ready. Leave it for a few minutes for the dish to stand.
This is an excellent option for cereal, vermicelli or potatoes.
How to make coconut milk at home?
In Asian countries on the basis of this product make the first and second dishes, sweet and spicy sauces, pastries. We offer two answers to the question, how to make coconut milk at home?
Milk made from coconut chips
It will be required to buy coconut shavings in bags without dyes. A similar product is available in almost every grocery store. The number of sachets depends on how much you want to make a drink.
For cooking, l coconut milk you need:
- 300-350 g of coconut chips;
- 600 g of water.
- Pour the contents into a blender, perebeyte.
- Boil the water, add shredded chips, mix well. Put the pan back on the stove at full capacity. Cook, stirring, until smooth consistency.
- After removing the plate, take gauze and filter the finished coconut mixture.
If necessary, pass coconut liquid through a sieve or gauze again: in milk there should be no lumps or particles of chips.
We pour the milk into a glass container and close it tightly. Ready coconut milk stored in a cool place no more than 24 hours. Shake the product thoroughly before use.
Milk from fresh coconut
Such nuts can be purchased in the market or in a supermarket. When choosing, pay attention to the weight of the product. The heavier it is, the more milk it will turn out. The preparation of the drink begins with the cutting of the coconut. The process is time-consuming. No experience can take some time.
Preparation of coconut milk:
- Drill a hole in the shell. The most vulnerable place in the walnut is the "eyes".
- Pour the juice into a separate container.
- Wrap the nut in a napkin and hammer it with the hammer until the shell breaks and breaks.
- White flesh is removed from the coconut put in a blender and poured into it, the juice obtained earlier.
- Grind everything to a homogeneous mass.
- Filter through two layers of gauze. Milk is ready!
If desired, you can add orange juice or lemon juice to the drink. This cocktail takes on a special flavor and aroma. The composition becomes much more useful, since it significantly increases the amount of vitamins.
The benefits and harms of coconut milk for the body have always interested the lovers of this drink. Although he is not exactly an ordinary product in our kitchen, but he likes it and uses it not only in its pure form, but also prepare various dishes from it. Try and you make simple, but very delicious recipes with coconut milk.