By the end of September or the beginning of October, one of the most valuable gifts of the autumn, the sea-buckthorn, ripens. Useful properties and contraindications to the use of its fruits and leaves have long been known to fans of traditional medicine. This orange sour berry has long earned itself the well-deserved reputation of a healer and a healer of many diseases. Today, on the basis of sea-buckthorn, a lot of medicines, oils, tinctures, ointments, cosmetics are produced. Bark, leaves, shoots, seeds, berries - everything goes into action, all parts of this tree can benefit if you know how to handle them..
- Sea buckthorn - good and bad
- Berries of sea-buckthorn are useful qualities and harm
- Sea-buckthorn oil - properties and application
- The ingestion of sea buckthorn oil
- Sea buckthorn oil
- In cosmetology
- Useful properties of sea buckthorn leaves
- Seeds of sea-buckthorn - benefits and uses
- Sea buckthorn - contraindications and harm
- Seabuckthorn in pregnancy
- Conclusions: how useful the sea-buckthorn
Botanical name of this tree (or dioecious bush) - buckthorn sea buckthorn. Depending on the place of growth, it can grow stronger and grow to the size of a real tree or remain a low shrub. It is unpretentious, frost-resistant, practically not afraid of pests, grows anywhere, on any soil. Under comfortable conditions, it can safely grow and bear fruit up to 100 years..
Her acidic astringent fruit is unlikely to taste, if you use them just like that, but jam, marmalades, juices, jelly, confectionery or baking with this berry are very tasty, useful to adults and children. On its basis, alcoholic beverages, tinctures, decoctions, teas are made. Let's take a closer look at the features of sea buckthorn, the scope of application, as well as possible limitations.
Sea-buckthorn jam, photo:↑ back to content ↑
Sea buckthorn - good and bad
List of useful qualities of sea-buckthorn is very wide: it increases immunity, gives strength, fills the body with vivacity, vital energy. It contains many vitamins, microelements, biologically active components.↑ back to content ↑
Berries of sea-buckthorn are useful qualities and harm
Fresh, well ripe berries are a real storehouse of medicinal substances that saturate our body with vitamins, flavonoids, phospholipids, useful acids, tannins, macro and microelements, fructose, glucose. This is an excellent preventive and curative remedy for cardiac and vascular diseases. The use of the fruits of sea-buckthorn (in various forms) strengthens the immune system, favorably affects the heart, vessels (prevention of stroke, heart attack). Recovery after the disease is much better if you eat 50 or 100 grams of fruit daily. Since berries have a sour taste, they should be taken with honey, and then washed down with clean water.
Fruits, photo:↑ back to content ↑
Sea-buckthorn oil - properties and application
This unique tool is equally successfully used in non-traditional and official medicine. Useful properties of sea buckthorn oil are truly unlimited - and this is a fact. Oil is applied either inside or outside, if there is no possibility or equipment for self-pressing, then in the pharmacy you can buy a ready-made product..
- It is not recommended to use it for individual intolerance.
- You can not take it inside those who are currently diagnosed with an acute form of diseases of the digestive system.
A photo:↑ back to content ↑
The ingestion of sea buckthorn oil
- If a person suffers from gastritis or a stomach ulcer, then it is recommended (but not during a period of exacerbation) to use for 1 hour. l. of this product 30 minutes before meals - this should be done three times a day. After a long reception of antibiotics or other toxic "attack" on the liver and kidneys, a similar use of oil will be appropriate.
- In case of a malignant tumor of the stomach, as an auxiliary (especially during irradiation and chemotherapy) it is strongly recommended to use, l. product three times a day before meals.
- If you have overcome angina, sore throat or tonsillitis, h. l. Oil should be diluted in 200 g of warm milk, eat inside in the morning, and also in the evening, before breakfast or dinner.
Sea buckthorn oil
- The oil is successfully used to accelerate the regeneration of the skin after burns, to eliminate the consequences of frostbite (at the healing stage), to treat decubitus.
- It also helps with "female" diseases, sometimes enough 10 days to cure erosion of the cervix (or substantially stop the manifestation of the disease).
- Also this product helps to cure colpitis, for this purpose tampons impregnated with oil are used.
- With genyantritis or runny nose, you can drip a couple of drops of oil in each nostril, two to three times a day.
- In addition, it can be used as an inhalation for diseases of the respiratory tract (3 tablespoons per 1 liter of water).
- At night, you can rub the chest area with cough or strong bronchitis, and if you mix it with camphor, the effect will be even better.
- With various skin irritations, diaper rash, dermatitis, they can lubricate affected areas.
- Even with eye diseases (corneal injuries, cataracts, various keratitis), it is recommended to instill 1-2 drops of sea buckthorn oil into the eyes.
- With a strong inflammation of the tonsils, as well as after their removal, the throat can be lubricated with clean oil - the inflammation will go to waste, and the operated sites will soon heal.
- Oil can be used instead of face cream for excessive dryness of the skin, it is better to do this before bed.
- Oil applications give a good effect on irritations, acne or redness.
- It is an ideal tool for massage, does not leave a fat layer, warms up the skin, muscles well.
- If the nails become brittle or break, then the oil baths will help to solve this problem.
- With brittleness, hair loss, oil applied on roots and length is also good, light scalp massage will promote better absorption of useful ingredients. Leave the oil on your hair for the night, put on a hat or tie your head with a handkerchief, and in the morning, rinse your hair with shampoo. To achieve a stable therapeutic result, this procedure can be carried out twice a week.
Useful properties of sea buckthorn leaves.
Leaves are not inferior to berries for their medicinal qualities, they are used for brewing in dried form. Such tea helps to cope with diseases of gums and oral cavity. To do this, 3 teaspoons of raw materials are poured into 500 ml of boiling water, insist 10-15 minutes, filter, take inside (or rinse the mouth) for 150-200 ml twice a day. Such tea can also be drunk with inflammatory manifestations of any kind (do not forget about contraindications). It can be used even by diabetics and people who suffer from peptic ulcer.
Infusion is prepared as well as tea, the difference is only in the infusion time (30 minutes), you can use a thermos bottle. It helps alleviate the symptoms of gout, rheumatism, is used in osteochondrosis, the deposition of salts. This infusion should be taken orally 50 ml three times a day.
For outdoor use, such as compresses or lotions, you need a more concentrated broth - 2 tablespoons of raw material / one glass of water, to insist 30 minutes. This "potion" can be used against hair loss (rubbed into the scalp).↑ back to content ↑
Seeds of sea-buckthorn - benefits and uses
From sea-buckthorn seeds, too, prepare infusions, decoctions, which are excellent for various intestinal disorders. To eliminate diarrhea, 1 tablespoon sea buckthorn bones cook about 20 minutes over low heat in 250 ml of water. The resulting broth cool, take inside 2-3 tablespoons 3 or 4 times a day before eating. The brewed bark of a tree or finely chopped young shoots is an excellent regenerating, wound healing drug. From the bark also make anti-inflammatory, fortifying decoctions, teas. Sea-buckthorn juice, jam from berries, alcoholic infusions from bark or shoots are useful, natural, valuable products that are a pure natural "medicine" for a variety of diseases. The main thing - use them wisely, not exceeding the recommended dose, and also do not forget about the regularity of reception.↑ back to content ↑
Sea buckthorn - contraindications and harm
They are also available, they need to be taken into account, because every "medicine" has its pros and cons. For example, an individual organism intolerance or an allergy to sea buckthorn can take place. If a person suffers from acute inflammatory hepatic diseases, as well as diseases of the gallbladder, then treatment with derivatives of sea-buckthorn is contraindicated. In the presence of stones in the kidney or bladder, acidosis (increased gastric acidity), chronic diarrhea, as well as with low blood pressure can not eat sea buckthorn. The prohibition is an acute form of gastric or intestinal diseases.
- There was an itch and a rash on the skin.
- There was a feeling of bitterness in the mouth after taking a decoction, tea, sea buckthorn oil.
- The rhythm of breathing was disturbed, there was abundant salivation, it became hard to breathe.
- Eyes began to swell or there was swelling in the place of external use of oil.
Seabuckthorn in pregnancy
During the gestation of a child, all women try to use the highest quality, useful products. As we already know, sea-buckthorn is not only useful, but also therapeutic, so jam or marmalade may well be a treat, and tea or a decoction will become a natural medicine. There are no significant restrictions for its use during pregnancy. One should only pay attention to general warnings, for example, allergies or individual intolerance, as well as the presence of diseases.
Sea-buckthorn tea, photo:
Doctors themselves often recommend that future mothers take in oil or sea buckthorn teas, especially during colds or seasonal infections. The use of berries, juice, butter, jam, tea during pregnancy is not forbidden. It is possible to dig in a nose a nose or to treat a throat, to do or make inhalations, to use as soft laxative at locks, at jelly it is possible to put jam in tea. In short, all the above treatment methods can be safely used and pregnant. This gift of nature rarely causes allergies in infants, so sea buckthorn breastfeeding can be considered an absolutely safe product.
Nursing women can and even are recommended to eat berries of sea-buckthorn, juice strengthens lactation, raises immunity of the child, gives a charge of vivacity. In the first months after childbirth, it is better to dilute the juice with boiled water and then gradually reduce the amount of water. Berries are a source of vitamins, contribute to the healthy development of the child, the rapid recovery of a woman after the birth of the baby. It should be borne in mind that the recommended daily dose of sea-buckthorn for breastfeeding is approximately 50 g, the weekly dose should not exceed 150 g. It is necessary to adhere to these rules in order to avoid occurrence of an allergy in the baby and disruption of the digestive tract.
With the help of oil, you can deal with such widespread nuisance as cracked nipples. Approximately 30 minutes before feeding, you should lubricate the affected areas, and then get wet with a napkin. For a cold, you should drink juice from berries along with milk (3 tablespoons fresh juice for 250 ml of milk). For 20 minutes before a meal you need to drink half a glass of this "drug".↑ back to content ↑
Conclusions: how useful the sea-buckthorn
- This is a natural anti-cancer drug that has an anti-carcinogenic effect.
- Juice from berries helps with anemia and vitamin deficiency.
- It has a healing, analgesic effect when taken externally or ingested.
- Excellent remedy for diarrhea or poisoning (antitoxic effect).
- It is a powerful antiseptic (especially oil).
- Removes all kinds of skin inflammation (except for allergy).
- Has a thrombolytic and analgesic effect in proctologic diseases.
- Natural soft laxative.
- Helps with gout and rheumatic manifestations.
- It is used for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis.
- He heals eye diseases.
- Treats gynecological ailments (colpitis, cervicitis, erosion).
- Helps with diseases of the digestive system (you need to pay attention to contraindications).
- Strengthens the heart muscle
Useful qualities of sea-buckthorn, the virtues of this gift of nature can be described for a very long time and without exaggeration. In addition to the above, she cures diseases of the throat, respiratory tract, nose, ears, urogenital system. Wounds, pressure sores, burns are successfully treated with infusions, lotions, applications with oil. Even with nervous irritations, depressions and insomnia, tea from berries or decoction from the leaves helps. Return the beauty of the skin and hair, too, will help sea buckthorn.
Nature itself has given people this fount of health, vitamins, valuable substances. Use this gift correctly, remember that the sea buckthorn has useful properties and contraindications, do not forget about warnings, know the measure and be healthy!.