- 6 ideas for organizing a storage system
- Layout Options
- In what kitchens without hinged cabinets win, and in what do they lose the standard?
Kitchen without closets is a modern and stylish solution, but how much is it justified from the point of view of ease of use and storage? Let's find out how you can compensate for the lack of upper sections, what layout and design of the kitchen to choose and what single-deck headsets lose standard two-tiered.
6 ideas for organizing a storage system
The main problem with single-stage kitchens is the lack of space for storing utensils, appliances, groceries, etc. Therefore, the whole space should be maximally thought out and optimized. Here are a few ways to do this:
With the help of column cabinets- if the kitchen area is more than 20 square meters. m, the lack of upper lockers will be able to completely compensate for sections from high pencil cases, the so-called cabinets-columns, in which it is possible to build a refrigerator and other equipment and store there most of the kitchen utensils and of things. Column cabinets and a single-level set can be placed either on opposite walls to each other, or on adjacent walls. Examples of such layouts and interior designs look in the next selection of photos.
- With the help of a cupboard or a pencil case- if the kitchen is small or to allocate under the cabinets-columns the whole wall does not want, and the need for such a large system you do not have storage, then you can replace them with one cupboard, a shelf or a pencil case, in which some of the things will be stored and dishes.
- Using open shelves- open shelves look much "lighter" than hinged cabinets with facades and, if desired, can completely replace them. On the other hand, if you hang many shelves, then the kitchen will cease to be one-tiered and it will be a completely different design. In addition, open shelves require double attention - regular dusting, accurate storage of things, etc. But you can hang just one or two shelves in the right place - near the sink and / or directly above the working area as shown in the photo below (scroll right).
- Using rails- The rails, of course, will not solve the storage problem, but they will still make the one-level set more functional. On them, you can hang kitchen utensils of essentials and jars of spices. But keep in mind that the minimalist interior, for which the kitchen was planned without the top cabinets, will be slightly broken, because the rails can create a feeling of a small mess.
- Using floor-standing cabinets with increased capacity and functionality- choosing a one-level kitchen set, you need to think over the filling of the pedestals very carefully. Especially it concerns the curbstone under the sink and the corner section. Well, when they provide retractable bookshelves, baskets, carousels and shelves.
- Using... wall cabinets- and finally, you can choose a linear, angular or U-shaped single-tiered set and hang the mounted modules only along one wall or at all locally. Examples of such design of kitchen look in the following photo-slider.
Depending on the shape and area of the kitchen, you can choose the following layout options:
- Linear- a scheme where floor cabinets line up along one wall in whole or in part. The working area with a sink and hob are next to each other, preferably near the cooking area and a refrigerator to make it convenient to cook. This variant of planning is especially relevant for narrow kitchens;
- Parallel- this is the version of the layout, when either the floor cabinets are facing each other, or when opposite the one-level the headset along the wall is arranged with cupboard-columns (as in the photo below), and between these rows there can be an island table or a lunch table Group. The parallel scheme of furniture arrangement is suitable for very spacious or long narrow kitchens (in this case the dining area is located not in the middle, but at the end of the room).
- Angular- a rational and convenient option for placing a kitchen set, when either the floor cabinets have an angular configuration, or an angle along the adjacent walls form the cabinets-columns and floor cabinets. When corner planning, observe the "working triangle rule" (when the sink, refrigerator and stove are located in reasonable proximity to each other) will be easier. Corner set is optimal for any kitchen, especially small. about the corner set here.
- U-shaped- when the headset modules are placed in the form of a letter P along three walls. On the one hand, this is an excellent type of planning, because it is also easy to observe the rule of the "working triangle" and effectively use the space, but on the other hand - not every kitchen has the opportunity to realize the U-shaped furnishings.
- Island- in this case, the main working surface is an island in the center of the kitchen, which can include self and built-in appliances, and a sink, and storage space, and therefore theoretically the walls can and do to be empty. But most often the island kitchen is complemented by cabinets-columns or suite as shown in the photo below. This variant of furniture is suitable only for spacious kitchens (from 20 sq. M.). m).
Read more about the island in the kitchen here.
In what kitchens without hinged cabinets win, and in what do they lose the standard?
- Kitchens without hanging closets look more spacious, "easier" and more accurate;
- Still, decorative and the opportunity to realize unusual design ideas are the main advantages of a one-level kitchen, while practicality and functionality go into the background. If you refuse from the upper shelves, you can decorate the free space with something like a mosaic panel or glass pane with photo printing, or focus on textured wall decoration, for example, brick masonry.
- With such furnishings, the shadow of the upper cabinets will not fall on the working area;
- One-tier kitchens fit particularly well into the interiors of Scandinavian-style kitchens, in country, provence, loft, industirial and minimalism.
- Headsets without upper cabinets are twice as capacious than standard headsets, and it is possible to equip the kitchen with cupboards-columns only if its area is more than 20 square meters. m;
- Kitchens without hinged cases oblige to bring an empty wall to an ideal condition, since, even if it is not an accent of the interior, it will still attract attention;
- By keeping household and cooking in a single-tiered kitchen you need to get used, because to get dishes or products from the bottom boxes you will have to bend more often;
- In addition, having refused from the upper cabinets, you can not hide, for example, the gas column inside the cabinet and other communications, and the hood will have to be purchased without a duct. However, pipes and wires can sometimes be beaten so that they not only will not spoil the interior design, but also embellish it.
- Kitchen without hanging cupboards in the style of Provence
- Kitchen without hanging cupboards in the style of Provence
Extractor with duct for single-stage kitchen
- . Shelving for the kitchen - how to choose how to make and how to organize storage.
- . Guide for choosing and planning a kitchen set.
- . We assemble the kitchen set with our own hands as a designer.
- . 3 simple ways how to update the kitchen set.
- . How to plan an ideal corner kitchen.
- . Homemade shelves for the kitchen - stylish, comfortable, easy.