The content of the article:
The history of the Slavic people is replete with vivid events that have been imprinted on the hearts of many people for centuries. It so happened that some ancient dishes, including dumplings with potatoes, still occupy an important place on the festive table. Most often vareniki are associated with Ukraine, but in fact, the delicacy is also prepared in other countries. Although they do it in their own way, the constituent dishes-dough and all kinds of fillings-remain unchanged. How to cook dumplings with potatoes according to the classic ancient recipe? Let's consider the basic principles of creating a dish.
The first key to success is a good dough
Traditionally, the technology of preparation of delicacies was inherited in each family. For example, our grandmothers preferred to make dumplings with potatoes with the whole family to pass on skills to the younger generation. They showed how necessary:
- knead the dough;
- join edges;
- to make a stuffing;
- cook the product;
- serve to the table.
Of course, to make the delicacy delicious, you should learn how to knead dough for vareniki with potatoes. It must meet the following requirements:
- be elastic;
- easy to roll out;
- keep the shape when frozen;
- Do not get unstuck during cooking.
If the cook has achieved this goal, then his vareniki with potatoes will be made at a high level.
To get the perfect dough, you need to cook it for about 10 minutes. Then for half an hour postpone and only, then proceed to modeling.
There are many ways to prepare a dough for this Slavic delicacy. Some cooks use cold water for batching. Others - they are heated to a temperature of 35 ° C. Someone adds a chicken egg to the elasticity, someone likes to exclude this component from the test. In principle, for the usual method of preparing the dough, you need to take the following ingredients:
- wheat flour (4 cups);
- water (, glass);
- vegetable oil (1 tablespoon)
If you want to make dumplings of magnificent shape, it is advisable to take:
- kefir (, l);
- wheat flour (how much will it take);
- baking soda (, a teaspoon);
- a little sugar.
To dumplings do not break down and do not get unstuck during cooking, experienced culinary experts make a brewed dough made of such ingredients:
- steep boiling water;
- wheat flour of the highest quality;
- chicken egg;
- vegetable oil;
Since the recipe uses boiling water, it is best to mix the dough with a mixer.
The second key is cooking time
"And all the dumplings are flocked into one says one old humorress. Men had to throw their "creation" wild boar, because they did not know how much to cook vareniki with potatoes, so they did not stick together. Experienced housewives say that on average the product is boiled after boiling for about 5 minutes. In this case, the size and thickness of the dumpling test should be taken into account. Frozen semi-finished products are cooked for about 10 minutes. Whatever it was, you always need to apply an individual approach to the case. After all, kitchens and plates are different, the main thing is to achieve a positive result.
To prepare a dish, it is advisable to use a spacious container, so that the dumplings freely swim in it and boil well.
The third key is a suitable recipe
Despite the fact that such a dish is prepared in different ways, there are many variations of it. Consider a traditional step-by-step recipe with a photo of vareniki with potatoes, which even a beginner can cook.First, the necessary ingredients are collected:
- wheat flour of the highest grade (2 cups);
- steep boiling water for a custard batter (1 glass);
- salt (at the tip of the knife);
- potato tubers;
- vegetable oil;
- pepper to taste;
The cooking process starts from the filling.
Peeled potatoes are shredded in small cubes, laid in a saucepan and boiled until soft.
Next, drain the water and intensively knead the vegetable to form a puree.
For the softness of the product it is desirable to add a slightly merged soup to the filling.
Pre-fried onions in lean oil poured into potatoes and mix well.Fans of spicy food put pepper into the filling. Then the mashed potatoes are laid aside.
While it's getting cold, knead the dough. The flour is sifted into a small container, salt is added.After this, pour boiling water, and knead the dough with a spoon. When it becomes cold, continue to knead with your hands.
The finished dough is placed in a bowl, covered with a towel and left for 10 minutes.
After that, a small part of the main piece is cut off. Then diligently knead, roll a smooth sausage and cut into pieces about 2 cm wide.
Put a full teaspoon of the filling on the rolled circle. The dumpling should turn out with plump barrels.
Clamp the workpiece in a circular motion of fingers to firmly close the filling inside the dumpling.
The finished products are stacked on a board, pre-sprinkled with flour. Then they put water on the stove and, when it boils, they throw the blanks.Cook on moderate heat for 2 minutes from the moment they float to the surface.
To ensure they are well welded and do not stick together, it is desirable to take a spacious and wide dishes.
Ready vareniki with potatoes and onions are caught from boiling water with a noise. The table is served with sour cream as a full-fledged dish.
If the varenikov is too much, they are laid out (raw) on food film, and then placed in the freezer. Boiled specimens, the next day, fried in a frying pan until a ruddy peel. Here they are - lenten vareniki with potatoes - a chic dish for a joint meal.
A simple dish for "lazy" cooks
Perhaps, no cook can be called lazy, because cooking is a complex and time-consuming process. Especially when it comes to working with the test. Fortunately, enterprising people have come up with original dishes that are prepared in a hurry. These include lazy vareniki with potatoes. It will require such simple components:
- potatoes (1 kg);
- Wheat flour;
- onion (1 piece of medium size);
- eggs of chicken (2 pieces);
- black pepper (ground);
- vegetable fat;
Steps of cooking:
- Potato tubers are peeled, washed, cut into pieces. Place in a saucepan, pour water, salt and cook until completely ready.
- Finely chopped onions are fried in a mixture of lean and butter. When a golden crust is formed, it is ready.
- With boiled potatoes drain the water, knead to make a mashed potatoes. Add a piece of butter and mix well.
- In the cooled product, drive in eggs, add ground pepper and mix again.
- Then in small portions, add wheat flour and knead the potato dough. In an ideal form, it should not stick to your hands.
- The resulting mass is divided into several parts. From each make sausage, which is cut into small slices.
- Salted water is boiled in a large saucepan. Throw in it lazy vareniki, cook for 3 minutes after boiling.
- The finished product is fried with onions and served with sour cream and herbs.
That the dish turned out beautiful, it cook on moderate fire in an open bowl. If necessary, stir with a wooden rolling-pin.
A hearty treat for active people
Many people know the simple truth: movement is life. And where to get power for this? A wonderful solution to the problem is vareniki with potatoes and lard.The dish will require several ingredients available:
- potatoes of any size;
- a large onion;
- black pepper;
- Wheat flour;
- low-fat kefir;
- egg for dough;
First, knead the dough. In a small dish sift the flour, add salt, soda.Kefir is poured out in small portions to make a soft, homogeneous mass. Then the dough is laid out on the table, after which it is divided into several parts. Form long sausages, which are cut into the same pieces. Roll out, get round blanks.
The next step is stuffing. This recipe for vareniki with potatoes provides for the use of a raw product. Therefore, peeled potatoes tinder on a fine grater or pass through a meat grinder.
Salo is divided into two parts. One - grind, another finely shred knife. The ground part is mixed with potatoes. Add the pepper, salt. Stir well.
Chopped lard spread on a frying pan and fry on low heat.When it becomes transparent, add finely chopped onions. Fry until the color changes.
In a saucepan with a wide bottom boil the salted water. Lower the workpieces and cook, stirring continuously for about 10 minutes. Take the product off with a blanket on a clean plate.When the dumplings with raw potatoes dry, season with fried onions and aromatic cracklings. Serve for dinner with cream or sour cream.
Double filling for gourmets
Some fans of vareniki, prefer a dish with only a traditional filling of one kind. It can be:
- cottage cheese;
How interesting are the vareniki with potatoes and cabbage together, when the tastes of the ingredients harmoniously complement each other. For the dish take simple components that never leave the kitchen of a caring housewife:
- potato tubers;
- White cabbage;
- chicken eggs;
- Wheat flour;
- ground pepper;
- tomato paste;
- vegetable oil;
- water for batching;
Available method of cooking in the home kitchen:
- Potato tubers are cleaned, cut into pieces. Then put into a saucepan, salt and cook for 30 minutes. When the boil, remove the foam.
- With the bulbs removed the husks, thoroughly washed under the tap and shredded semirings. Then pour into preheated vegetable oil on a frying pan. Fry until golden in color.
- Shredded cabbage, kneaded with hands, and then added to the onions. Stir, salt and pepper. Season with the pasta and cook for 20 minutes.
- Potatoes are mixed with cabbage, cooled and used as a filling.
- Salted water is poured into a small container. Add the eggs and mix thoroughly. In small portions put the flour into the liquid and knead the dough.
- While it is being insisted, they prepare a refueling for the ready dish. Onions cut into half rings, fried in vegetable oil until golden.
- The dough is divided into several parts. Of each, round ropes are made, which are then cut into batch pieces.Roll out with a rolling pin and fill with stuffing.
- In a spacious tank boil water, which dips the vareniki.As soon as they come up, they reduce the strength of the fire.Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
Ready copies are spread on flat dishes to dry. Then put in a bowl, season with fried onions and serve to the table